Living la vida locavore (Eating locally grown food)

There are 4 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Living la vida locavore (Eating locally grown food). In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Living la vida locavore In most cases, sitting down to watch a movie does not really help one alter their nutritional choices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

just me

Fall River Mills, CA

#1 Oct 7, 2010
It's a good thing that not everyone tries to eat food produced within 100 miles, or our local food producers would NEVER be successful.

No way there's enough of a market for all of this beef, lamb, milk, etc. that is produced locally without traveling more than 100 miles.

They have to have a larger market.
In Shape

Alameda, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2010
Blaaaa......food is food. Eat whatever is cheap.

Since: Oct 10

Morristown, NJ

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Our Local foodproducers are where it is at! We need to support them in all ways possible, Farmers Markets Etc. I have enclosed a link of a great Homemade Jam & Jellie Company from Maine Their Jams are delicous.
Check them out at www.lostloonfarms.com
Auda abu Tayi

Redwood City, CA

#4 Oct 12, 2010
lostloonfarms wrote:
Our Local foodproducers are where it is at! We need to support them in all ways possible, Farmers Markets Etc. I have enclosed a link of a great Homemade Jam & Jellie Company from Maine Their Jams are delicous.
Check them out at www.lostloonfarms.com
Infidel Spammer Dog!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) May 13 blast 22
News Conservation group seeks to buy developer out o... May 8 ApePeeD 1
News In Orlando, food doesn't have to be fast Apr '15 Vib_Ram 1
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food (Aug '14) Apr '15 William 3
Local Food hubs / Co-ops (Jul '14) Apr '15 William 4
News Missing something? What kind of restaurant do y... Feb '15 Berneta Seitz 1
News TEAC wants you to try an emu pita - it's local ... (Sep '09) Feb '15 Burlington 3
More from around the web