Resurrecting a brand that once sizzled

Resurrecting a brand that once sizzled

There are 51 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 3, 2007, titled Resurrecting a brand that once sizzled. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

For a while longer fast-food hamburger lovers can get a Big Shef at a nearby Hardee's. That will ring a bell with sentimentalists who remember the Indianapolis-based Burger Chef chain's signature sandwich.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BOMAN

United States

#44 Oct 14, 2010
Bill wrote:
Burger Chef and Jeff were investigated for having a rather odd relationship. No one could quite tell who was Jeffs legal gaurdian, and it was also disturbing how much time the pair spent together. Rather than face the public scrutiny, the pair sold off the business and moved to San Francisco. Jeff is a playboy, having made millions off his Google Investment. Burger Chef died under mysterious conditions involving a hot tub and a 2000 lb crate of frozenMcDonalds McNuggets.
LOL. Yeah I always thought that was weird...even at seven years old.
just me

Evanston, IL

#45 Oct 15, 2010
i heard that jeff went slumming about in ohio with big boy...
Gary

Miami Beach, FL

#46 Jun 16, 2011
Theresa wrote:
My only sister died the night of the Burger Chef murders. November 18, 1978. I remember her. Hope others do too. She was a great person. I miss her. If you knew Ruth, post something!
My sister and Ruth were good friends. My sister worked next door at Dunkin Donuts (Carol). Ruth would come to our house occasionally and go out to dinner with our family. I remember her being a very nice girl. It is really sad what happened.
tom

South Bend, IN

#47 Aug 25, 2011
Hardees on US 30 in Warsaw.....somewhere it says Burger Chef......was there a Count fang burger?
Theresa

Noblesville, IN

#48 Sep 23, 2011
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister and Ruth were good friends. My sister worked next door at Dunkin Donuts (Carol). Ruth would come to our house occasionally and go out to dinner with our family. I remember her being a very nice girl. It is really sad what happened.
Thanks to you and all who have posted! I check this site every so often. Gets harder when fall comes around, but it is great to know that people do have good memories of her.
tittybabies

Chicago, IL

#49 Sep 24, 2011
And you wonder why the obesity rate in this state is so high! 3 pages of comments about a hamburger.
Terri

Huntington, IN

#50 Feb 9, 2012
Theresa wrote:
My only sister died the night of the Burger Chef murders. November 18, 1978. I remember her. Hope others do too. She was a great person. I miss her. If you knew Ruth, post something!

Ruth was in my class at school 91 I remember her with her red hair and smile we were in elementary school so I only knew her a very short time. SO SAD THAT U LOST HER.
wandering minds

Louisville, KY

#51 Mar 6, 2012
Bring Back Burger Chef...

Bring Back Burger Chef...
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

#52 Mar 6, 2012
I miss Arthur Treacher's fish and chips. They had the best fish. So tender and juicy , Yes indeed Burger Chef was the best Burger joint, They were the first to allow you to dress up you're burger how you wanted too.They had the best shakes also.I use to get a nice burger down at Murphy's their grill.I agree Hardee's food is bland.Once even Long John Silvers and Wendy's had the best french fry around.You want some good food Checkout Frosty Boys in New Palestine , They give you your moneys worth, Those tenderloins are so delicious and their shakes and onion chips fries . I find myself eating more salmon these days than burgers .I heard fish tacos are yummi.
bitterandproud

Indianapolis, IN

#53 Mar 6, 2012
well, kaptoz you and me give our ages away, I, too remember arthur treachers. and yes, the burger chef was the best,they had the mini salad bar for the burger fixings.the fountain square murphys? good stuff, then they had the best popcorn over at the candy counter!surprised we didnt all weigh 500 lbs. think the portions were smaller and didnt go that often.
Laneel

Carmel, IN

#54 Nov 5, 2015
So give up the Big Chefs recipe why continue to keep it a secret ? I loved it so much better than Big Mac !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamburger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 27 mins ago 8:17 p.m.Boy, 8, craves burge... Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
News Spring gets off to a sizzling start at Sara's R... (Apr '09) Apr '17 turner 17
News Wendy's testing a 'pretzel burger' (Jan '13) Feb '17 Fred 6
News Wauconda's Uncle D's dishes out more than beer ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Delicious 1
News Warning sought for big burger (Apr '09) Feb '17 Greasy Burger Phart 54
News Should Americans banish the burger? (Oct '09) Feb '17 Fat Burger Phart 229
News Man Orders World's Most Expensive Fast-Food Burger (Aug '13) Feb '17 Whopper Phart 16
More from around the web