Smitty's Better Burger has the taste ...

Smitty's Better Burger has the taste of summer

There are 40 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Smitty's Better Burger has the taste of summer. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

F antastic find: Lunch Special Price: $4.45 Where to Go: Smitty's Better Burger - since 1956 Address: 1313 N. King St., Hampton Phone: 723-0661 Hours: 11 a.m.-9:50 p.m., Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m.-6:50 p.m. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OHBOY

Hampton, VA

#1 Jul 2, 2008
Prices have gone up alittle over the past year but it's still a good value and great food.

Since: Jun 08

Newport News, VA

#2 Jul 2, 2008
Smitty's is a great place. Don't tell everyone or I won't get my Chicken dinner. It is the best around.

Since: Apr 08

Hampton

#3 Jul 2, 2008
Oh my gosh, I love Smitty's. I've been going there since I was a little girl. It's not the type of food I can eat all of the time, but I sure do enjoy it every once in awhile. They have the best burgers in the world!
uh-yeah

Dutton, VA

#4 Jul 2, 2008
Sweet-e-Pie wrote:
Smitty's is a great place. Don't tell everyone or I won't get my Chicken dinner. It is the best around.
Chicken dinner? Never tried that one.
yum

Germany

#6 Jul 2, 2008
Apple sticks are the best!! I've eaten there since I was a little girl and they are always good

Since: Jun 08

Newport News, VA

#7 Jul 2, 2008
yum wrote:
Apple sticks are the best!! I've eaten there since I was a little girl and they are always good
That to. Even the car hops are great. We should not tell everyone.
Force Majeure

Water View, VA

#8 Jul 2, 2008
uh-yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken dinner? Never tried that one.
Oh yeah Smitty's has great chicken, just takes a little longer. Smitty's is the best.
PAINTER AGAIN

Newport News, VA

#9 Jul 2, 2008
hey dude,,,i haven't been there in a very long time.i know it's been 10 years or more. i will have to make that my first stop for lunch 2-morrow. thanks for reminding the folks of this nice place to dine.
GANGSTER OF LOVE

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Jul 3, 2008
My brother and i were there the day they opened.we were in a 1957 Mercury the girls wore cow girl outfitts.I'm 67 years and i still go there
Force Majeure

Water View, VA

#11 Jul 3, 2008
GANGSTER OF LOVE wrote:
My brother and i were there the day they opened.we were in a 1957 Mercury the girls wore cow girl outfitts.I'm 67 years and i still go there
That really sounds cool! Thanks for making me smile this morning.
Oh Well

Newport News, VA

#12 Jul 3, 2008
It's almost as good as What-A-Burger...:-) What can I say...I'm a NN girl.
HPT NATIVE

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Jul 3, 2008
Oh Well wrote:
It's almost as good as What-A-Burger...:-) What can I say...I'm a NN girl.
Dumb A$$; What a burger is disgusting! Stay in NN if you don't like Smitty's better than that place.

Smitty's is AWESOME, hope it stays for many years to come!!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Hampton

#14 Jul 3, 2008
yum wrote:
Apple sticks are the best!! I've eaten there since I was a little girl and they are always good
Oh my gosh yes, aren't they wonderful? I looove the apple sticks!

Since: Apr 08

Hampton

#15 Jul 3, 2008
Oh Well wrote:
It's almost as good as What-A-Burger...:-) What can I say...I'm a NN girl.
I like What A Burger too, they have great burgers. I have to say, I like Smitty's a little bit better but both places are good.
Oh Well

Newport News, VA

#16 Jul 3, 2008
HPT NATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb A$$; What a burger is disgusting! Stay in NN if you don't like Smitty's better than that place.
Smitty's is AWESOME, hope it stays for many years to come!!!!!
Good grief..go get laid and get some of that energy used up. Oh, that's right, with your attitude, who'd want to touch yo? Got your panties in a wad for such a little thing. Geez.
uh-yeah

Dutton, VA

#17 Jul 3, 2008
Hpt Native and Oh Well might want to start the weekend early and indulge in a well chilled beverage. We're talking about a couple of burger joints. Now kiss and make up.

And please post the vid to youtube.
Peste

Omaha, NE

#18 Jul 3, 2008
uh-yeah wrote:
Hpt Native and Oh Well might want to start the weekend early and indulge in a well chilled beverage. We're talking about a couple of burger joints. Now kiss and make up.
And please post the vid to youtube.
LOL thanks!
Peste

Omaha, NE

#19 Jul 3, 2008
GANGSTER OF LOVE wrote:
My brother and i were there the day they opened.we were in a 1957 Mercury the girls wore cow girl outfitts.I'm 67 years and i still go there
Wow a 57 Mercury! I agree, that sounds really cool. I got a smile from reading that myself. Thanks! I wonder if they still have the cowgirl outfits? Gosh those were simpler times weren't they?
jimmy

Dutton, VA

#20 Jul 3, 2008
Oh Well wrote:
It's almost as good as What-A-Burger...:-) What can I say...I'm a NN girl.
I've heard about those NN girls. Word on the street is that if you

Since: Jun 08

Newport News, VA

#21 Jul 3, 2008
Peste wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow a 57 Mercury! I agree, that sounds really cool. I got a smile from reading that myself. Thanks! I wonder if they still have the cowgirl outfits? Gosh those were simpler times weren't they?
No cow girl outfits but the girls are the best along with the food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamburger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Summer meal program ensures low-cost nutrition (Jun '08) Jun 2 haston 22
News Menus: 5/22/2016 May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Cindy's Hamburgers (Aug '08) May '16 scott 29
News The first McDonald's (Feb '08) Apr '16 Ronb 3
News Woman's 911 Emergency: Half-Hamburger Pizza Apr '16 Spotted Girl 5
News Man legally changes name to 'Bacon Double Chees... Feb '16 Jesus Latter Day ... 11
News Quintessential Texas burger declared one of the... Feb '16 Bun farts 5
More from around the web