Wine, food tasting event set for Sunday

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Mill Valley's 28th annual Wine & Gourmet Food Tasting event will include more than 30 purveyors of food and more than 70 wineries from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the depot plaza.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
HEY

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Who can afford this anymore?
This is so 2005.
Gourmet Food Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

$40 is an EXCELLENT deal for this event. 70 premier wineries, great restaurants and gourmet food samples...Where else do you get so much quality and variety for the price of a couple of drinks?
Literati Furiosa

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Gourmet Food Lover wrote:
$40 is an EXCELLENT deal for this event. 70 premier wineries, great restaurants and gourmet food samples...Where else do you get so much quality and variety for the price of a couple of drinks?
Plus, it shows the whiz-bang marketing MBAs at
their finest hour. A food and wine tasting is
highly unique -- innovative promotions like
this have hardly ever been done before. The
originality is absolutely stunning.
HEY

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

So we get to pay for their marketing? Seems like the 40 bux is only there so they can "qualify" future customers and weed out the less affluent.
You still have to stand at their counter and practically beg for samples and they treat you like you are asking for too much. I find it funny when the workers at these events are not rich yet they carry the same arrogance and snobbiness as their employers.
Wind

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Price has gone up quite a bit the past few years though it is possible to make it worthwhile. You just need a plan - don't talk to the people pouring wine and move quickly, you can taste pretty much everything if you do that. And get quite full on the food too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gourmet Discussions

Search the Gourmet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our Gourmet: The Colosseum is an Italian favori... Apr 15 Wlliam Brasky 1
7 Can't Miss Menus During Oakland's Restaurant ... Jan '14 Oakland Sux 1
Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe (Oct '06) Jul '13 Barbarar 83
Fat Man's Fast Eats (Jul '13) Jul '13 susan carter 1
University Catering by Sorority Gourmet Brings ... (Sep '08) Jun '13 Jack Peterson 19
Saugatuck's Spice Merchants is coming to Grand ... (May '13) May '13 David Lo Pan 14
Colombia's big-butt ants entice gourmets (Aug '06) Apr '13 quilterqueen 7
•••
•••
•••
•••