New market offers the whole foodie ex...

New market offers the whole foodie experience

There are 27 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 19, 2008, titled New market offers the whole foodie experience. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Next Wednesday's opening of the Whole Foods Market in the Dr. Phillips area marks a turning point in the local foodie experience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MJDDJM

Hollywood, FL

#23 Jun 19, 2008
Whole Foodie Fan wrote:
What a wonderful concept. It's sad we don't have more of these stores in our area of S.W. Volusia county. There is currently a large building on 17/92 in DeBary that was built, for, as I understand a large furniture store and has never been occupied. It would be a wonderful locaton for a story like this. Plenty of parking, and easy access.
......but, not enough customers!!!!
DCM

Memphis, TN

#24 Jun 19, 2008
Whole Foods Market is one of the best supermarkets around. Expensive but definetly worth it if you want high-quality foods.
please

Winter Park, FL

#25 Jun 19, 2008
New to Orlando wrote:
I have been amazed at the lack of variety in Orlando, and seeing a second Whole Foods in Central Florida is great! I beg to differ with some of the comments above regarding prices - the perishibles are prices at approximately the same price as Publix. Last weekend, I purchased olive oil and some cheeses at the Whole Foods in Winter Park - the prices were equal to those at Publix, if not lower. The proteins are deerer, but the product is of higher quality. The produce section is always packed with a great variety of products, and the butcher is there to talk to you and help you whenever you need the help. Whole Foods is in many ways what Publix is marketing itself to be, but with even more variety. If you don't care to have wholesome milk, or eat beef that was not forced to be carnivorous, then go shop at your local WalMart that employs the illegals that you all loath so much. As for the local businesses - I have never seen anyone shop at the local, independent stores. Their products are VERY overpriced, and generally, old. Personally, I welcome this change, and hope that another one opens up in Lake Nona. As a result of this diversity, there will be more variety for all of us, even for those who think that this is too "posh" and aren't willing to try anything new. It's just easier being a hater I guess.
Not too posh, just too expensive. Which will win, being Green or being Frugal? One can not be both shopping at Whole Foods.
maxfield

Orlando, FL

#26 Jun 19, 2008
When you walk in the Whole Foods in Winter Park you can smell the fish from the front door. Also, buying food from aged hippies wearing dirty aprons is not good. I would not patronize a Whole Foods. Fresh Market is 300% better,a cleaner store, clean employees, a huge selection of "organic" meat and produce. Try it, you'll like it.

Since: Jan 08

Titusville, FL

#27 Jun 19, 2008
maxfield wrote:
When you walk in the Whole Foods in Winter Park you can smell the fish from the front door. Also, buying food from aged hippies wearing dirty aprons is not good. I would not patronize a Whole Foods. Fresh Market is 300% better,a cleaner store, clean employees, a huge selection of "organic" meat and produce. Try it, you'll like it.
Tryed it three different times ,got sick each time .Will not go to any of them,i will stick to Publix. If i have a problem with them ,they will fix it!
Richard

Ocoee, FL

#28 Jun 21, 2008
Lexus is not Ford. Whole Foods Market is not Publix.
Dave Nezunto

Binghamton, NY

#29 Mar 8, 2009
Does anyone know if they have Whole in the Wall pesto? http://www.wholeinthewall.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gourmet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gourmet Popcorm (Apr '08) Apr '17 Yummy 2
Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe (Oct '06) Apr '17 I guess 84
News Colombia's big-butt ants entice gourmets (Aug '06) Feb '17 Pharting Happily 8
News This Week in Houston Food Blogs: Holiday Booze ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Francois Pharts 1
News This Boston restaurant is one of the top-grossi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Carly 1
News David Letterman briefly unretires, devastates D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 msvk23 1
News Bringing tourists the toothsome taste of Cambod... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ted 1
More from around the web