Summer schools for cooks on Long Island

Full story: Newsday 9
Summer's relaxed pace makes it the perfect time to learn new kitchen skills. Long Island's cooking schools offer a wide array of cooking classes, from intensive to the extremely recreational . Full Story
brian r

Queens Village, NY

#1 May 13, 2009
do not use viking cooking school unless you are sure you wont have a family emergency on the night of the class. My wife and I had scheduled a class to attend. when a family emergency arose and we were unable to make it we were told we could not reschedule (we werent looking for our money back just another date or a different class) we were told "no im sorry you didnt cancel within the alloted timeframe". I cant speak for the actual class cause we never went back to them.
Lori

Coram, NY

#2 May 13, 2009
This is the greatest information! Paella and te trimmings???? I'm in
Dan

Melville, NY

#4 May 14, 2009
A friend of mine took one of the classes at the Culinary Academy of LI. She loved it. All of her friends benefited, too. We got to eat her tasty homework!:)

This article is making me hungry!
Meghan

Port Washington, NY

#5 Jun 23, 2009
I would love to do this but it all seems a bit expensive.

“2014: The year we bashed Obozo”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#6 Jun 23, 2009
Meghan wrote:
I would love to do this but it all seems a bit expensive.
this one's on me

1. Fill pot with water
2. Place on stove
3. Turn on heat
4. Wait until water boils

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#7 Jun 23, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
this one's on me
1. Fill pot with water
2. Place on stove
3. Turn on heat
4. Wait until water boils
How's your penne vodka ?

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#8 Jun 23, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
How's your penne vodka ?
It's sick, I love it
Spam and Velveeta

Newark, NJ

#9 Jun 23, 2009
All this is very sad. People no longer have the parents, aunts and uncles who can show them.
Chef Lia Soscia

Saint James, NY

#10 Jul 20, 2009
In home cooking classes are also available through homecookingconsultant.com or cookingclasslongisland.com . These classes are customized and conducted in the student's home. We specialize in cooking parties and individual private cooking lessons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gourmet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cyber crimes and other things Dec 15 Bong Power 1
A new restaurant hopes to bring an added boost ... Oct '14 Oscar Meyergump 4
what gourmet foods to explore Jul '14 Vic Hughes 1
Sorry, New York: Los Angeles is the New Food Ca... (May '14) May '14 Guest 1
MasterChef Canada makes the cut to the final tw... (Apr '14) Apr '14 other stories 1
Our Gourmet: The Colosseum is an Italian favori... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Wlliam Brasky 1
7 Can't Miss Menus During Oakland's Restaurant ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Oakland Sux 1
More from around the web