how do you make garlic clove chips?

how do you make garlic clove chips?

Posted in the Garlic Forum

ajc

Spring, TX

#1 Aug 20, 2009
A family member of mine recently brought back some garlic clove chips from Central Market in Houston. They're AWESOME!!! They are whole cloves, crunchy and lightly salted. A great snack and not very garlicky! Does anyone know how to make these tasty little treats? I tried deep frying and baking but neither came out right. They were still mushy in the middle.
rick from ricks nut hut

Brantford, Canada

#2 May 25, 2012
i carry these as a regular item of stock in my market stands here in ontario canada unfortunatly i but mine pre cooked but being a courious guy i have learned they are pressure cooked in peanut oil same as you would other things. the pressure cooking seems to do something regiular deep frying cannot do
at least this is what io am told
www.ricksnuthut.ca
cameron

Burlington, Canada

#4 Nov 19, 2012
i have seen and tried these whole fried and or dried garlic cloves from a friend and got hooked on them,, now if we canONLY find out how to do and make them at home !!!

i'm curious myself and being in the food biz,,i'd like to do this at home and have acces to whole bags of raw garlic dirt cheap per bag,,,

eventually some one will find out how this is done and start posting the "how to" on this subject !!!,,,
Eileen

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Dec 21, 2013
ajc wrote:
A family member of mine recently brought back some garlic clove chips from Central Market in Houston. They're AWESOME!!! They are whole cloves, crunchy and lightly salted. A great snack and not very garlicky! Does anyone know how to make these tasty little treats? I tried deep frying and baking but neither came out right. They were still mushy in the middle.
well I have 2 things for sure they use canola oil and somehow they core out the center of the whole clove and then cook them,. It also seems like they fill the core hole with a garlic paste. Still working on it.
anonymous

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 29, 2015
I am guessing that they are dehydrated, than fried until puffy.
Ronjohn

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Oct 31, 2015
I recently pick some up while in California and they are great but a bit pricey so if anyone finds out the secret to making them at home please post.
steve

Carlisle, PA

#8 Feb 10, 2016
ajc wrote:
Same here and I got them in San Antonio so every trip someone makes to TX, I ask them to bring me some back. I recently got a fry daddy and will soon try deep frying in canola oil however, like someone has already mentioned, they are deep fried in a pressure cooker. With the newer electric pressure cookers, this is very possible to do so I will try to write back on my experience with both
Ggo21

Hamilton, Canada

#9 Oct 22, 2016
steve wrote:
<quoted text>

Same here and I got them in San Antonio so every trip someone makes to TX, I ask them to bring me some back. I recently got a fry daddy and will soon try deep frying in canola oil however, like someone has already mentioned, they are deep fried in a pressure cooker. With the newer electric pressure cookers, this is very possible to do so I will try to write back on my experience with both
So how did they turn out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garlic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raw garlic vs Allicin suppliments (Allimax, All... (May '12) Jul '17 RBKMJW 27
News Ita s worth braving the crowds for a seat at Th... (May '17) May '17 Sandi m 1
desensitized garlic (Oct '07) Feb '17 Garlic ninja 27
Where did the cloves go? (Mar '16) Mar '16 steelers52 1
News Garlic May Be the Natural Cure For MRSA (Feb '09) Mar '16 everything comes... 11
News Smooth, creamy garlic mashed potatoes (Jan '16) Mar '16 AlfchraBaszffk 3
News Garlic Fest hits downtown Delray Beach this wee... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Lynn Killed Elyse 1
More from around the web