Wallace Baine, Baine Street: Is it apocalyptic enough for ya?

Last Sunday, I got in the car with a mission. I wanted to find the sun. You'll remember that Sunday was our umpteenth gloomy, chilly, gray day in a row, which was a blessing I suppose for the Wharf-to-Wharf runners who had come from somewhere out in the sun-blasted interior to run in our chill. Full Story
dON

Sacramento, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2010
Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

By Jonathan Petre
Last updated at 5:12 PM on 14th February 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12508...

GW may be happening, but having no warming for 15 years while CO2 has increased every year throws a foggy wet blanket on AGW.

Wake up Wally!

Politicians have made hay with the AGW fears which has led to AB 32, California's Carbon Reduction Law, which has led to the JOB KILLING, OPPORTUNITY KILLING economic slide reflected in our annual deficits in Sacratomato.

Best and Worst States for Business 2010

http://www.chiefexecutive.net/ME2/Audiences/d...

When 600 CEO's rate California 51st for business it speaks viscerally to me and anyone else looking for a job (they even rated D.C. ahead of California!!).

Mr. Baine, let's start talking about the lost opportunity for job seekers in this State...sorry that it does NOT lend itself to your inane sense of humor.
Spreading gloom

Alameda, CA

#2 Aug 1, 2010
Wallace: Stop with the gloom and cheer up that the feds have failed so far to slap a huge carbon tax on all of us for the alleged purpose of controlling climate changes which are actually the result of variations in solar radiation and eccentricities in the Earth's orbit. So smile and slap a skirt steak (or tofu filet) on the barbecue. Your Weber is not a factor in the raising anything, other than the smoke level on your patio.

And Sentinel: Was it really necessary to team this gloomy piece up with another political talking point cartoon by Tim Eagan on the opinion page echoing the same moaning over failure to pass the carbon tax bill?
dON

Sacramento, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2010
Mr. Baine,

Observe what another State is doing for cellulosic ethanol:
http://domesticfuel.com/2010/07/30/tennessees...

Rather than wringing our hands over oil spills, how about we begin doing something positive about future domestic energy production...

A revenue stream could be created from taking sewage we dump in & pollute the Bay with and using it on marginal lands to grow bio-crops...think of the local jobs, domestic fuel with a minus carbon footprint and a cleaner marine environment (win-win-win).

Nahhh, let's just spend $120 Million to build polluting desal, it'll only be North of $300 million by the time the 30 year bonds are retired...you realize the desal plant will also need replacing by then too?

County encourages graywater gardens
By GENEVIEVE BOOKWALTER
Posted: 07/09/2010

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_15474613

"When you have a desalination plant, that is when this is going to take off," Hirst said.

(BECAUSE YOUR WATER BILL WILL BE HUGE!!!)
dON

Sacramento, CA

#4 Aug 1, 2010
http://www.ricardo.com/en-gb/News--Media/Pres...

Ricardo achieves breakthrough efficiency for ethanol

News release
Release date: 6 February 2009

Superior to gasoline engine efficiency when the engine is designed for ethanol...almost diesel efficient without the carbon footprint!

Cartels like OPEC die when they can no longer control the market...support ethanol & natural gas to increase the use of domestic fuels.

Well NASA says

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2010
differently.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100715/ts_afp/e...

Mr Don = you cite the dailymail.uk which is a basic scandal sheet. Get some facts from the real people.
dON

Sacramento, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2010
"Is it apocalyptic enough for ya?" W. Baine

This article states we spent $1 Trillion on oil in 2008; 1999,$80 Billion: Is it apocalyptic enough, indeed, this article flat out states our way of life is on the line.

Phunny, but that's just what T. Boone says too.

Also focused on is how oil is used in making almost everything we have...

Pine residue as biofuels feedstock
Jul 30, 2010

http://southeastfarmpress.com/biofuels/pine-r...

Oil has never cost more, just as our over-burdened economy pauses for a double-dip recession.

What Leaders we enjoy, NOT!

Make all this humorous, Wally; I defy you to broach the subject.

Since: May 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Aug 1, 2010
Global warming became climate change due to strategic renaming so that those with an agenda can continue to scare us in whatever direction they like.

The weather has always changed. So has the climate.

Are people responsible? Maybe. Most likely not.

The science isn't in. When is science ever in, as in completely and absolutely settled?

Politics masquerading as science is a bad bet. Don't fall for it.

Instead of worrying about climate change, let's worry instead about polluted air and water.
dON

Sacramento, CA

#8 Aug 1, 2010
Well NASA says wrote:
differently.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100715/ts_afp/e...
Mr Don = you cite the dailymail.uk which is a basic scandal sheet. Get some facts from the real people.
How about the actual interview with the BBC? YAHOO!?!@?

Good enough for ya? Read it yourself!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/851...

BTW, NASA has also lagged its feet on freedom of info on Global temps.

Christopher Horner: NASA’s Temperature Data Worse Than CRU’s
NASA Data Worse Than Climate-Gate Data, Space Agency Admits
By Blake Snow – FOXNews.com

http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2010/03/30...

Climategate 2.0 — The NASA Files: U.S. Climate Science as Corrupt as CRU (PJM Exclusive — Part One)

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-2-0-...
Not Again

Capitola, CA

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Best Wallace - really funny !
Don

United States

#10 Aug 1, 2010
is whacked...

Sounds like a shut in
Stephen

Oakland, CA

#11 Aug 1, 2010
I hope the Sentinel isn't paying this guy a lot of money to write this drivel. I check his stuff out every once in a while to see if there's any improvement. I think he's getting worse, a function, probably, of what happens to our locally famous writers. They all get big heads and think they're Fitzgerald or Hemingway in Paris in the 1920s. Pfiff.
Ya Know

Daly City, CA

#12 Aug 1, 2010
@Stephen: Why complain, when you can buy Wallace's "Rhymes with Vain," a collection of his best columns from the past few years? Fitzgerald? Hemingway? Al Gore! Barack Obama! Nancy Pelosi! Everybody's an author.
Seriously

United States

#13 Aug 1, 2010
Haha! From the general tenor of these comments, I'd say it's proof positive that ol' Wally hit the nail on the head. He made me laugh—in an amused way (clarification for those who excel at misinterpreting)—at the truthiness of his very points. Special thanks to dON, Xanthippe, Spreading Gloom and their ilk for demonstrating how right Wally is!
All knowing

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
Xanthippe wrote:
Instead of worrying about climate change, let's worry instead about polluted air and water.
Hush hush!! We don't want to scare away the tourists, do we?
Ex Liberal

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2010
Hey Wally you Numb-nuts! There ain't no man made global warming! Just experiencing some slight cyclical fluctuations in temps as have been occurring throughout the world’s history! It's being exposed daily as a fraud! It's a con game perpetrated by some very ingenious business and political entrepreneurs looking to make a whole lot of money selling AIR and taxing the carp out of everything and everyone while raising our cost of living, eating, heating, cooling etc! A con game of epic proportions perpetuated by megalomaniacs!
GhostWriter47

Sunnyvale, CA

#16 Aug 1, 2010
Perhaps Mr. Baine's hypothetical East German
"peaking over the Berlin Wall" had just dropped acid.

Oh, please just hire yourself a copy editor, Mr. Baine, since your managing editor apparently cannot afford the basic necessities of journalism, and since you apparently cannot spell.
ReeederNotAGHOST Righterrr

San Francisco, CA

#18 Aug 2, 2010
GhostWriter47 wrote:
Perhaps Mr. Baine's hypothetical East German
"peaking over the Berlin Wall" had just dropped acid.
Oh, please just hire yourself a copy editor, Mr. Baine, since your managing editor apparently cannot afford the basic necessities of journalism, and since you apparently cannot spell.
Oh MY, GhostWriter47! Aren't we wayyy up there on our high horse. And whoa! A misplaced letter! This is so incredibly imPORtant these daze; you must think it means the writer just can't possibly have anY crediBIlity, right? And you are so amazingly clever, too, catching that tiny little mistake just like that. And how 'bout all these sentences right here starting with a conjunction: must really drive you crazy, huh? Might have to go do something else besides lurk around on the internet lOOking for tYpoSsss in pieces you don't agree with.(Ooh, gotta love that ending with a preposition too).
Weatherman

United States

#19 Aug 4, 2010
Some thoughts on the matter:

[What 7 Republicans Could Do by Thomas L. Friedman]

Rather than think seriously about our endless dependence on oil, the G.O.P. has focused its energies on making “climate change” a four-letter word and labeling any Democrat who supports legislation that would in any way raise energy prices to diminish our dependence on oil as a “carbon taxer.”

“If we take that threat seriously now and pass an energy bill that begins to end our oil addiction, we can shrink the piles of money we send to the worst regimes in the world, strengthen our dollar by keeping more at home, clean up our air, take away money from the people who finance the mosques and madrassas that keep many Muslim youths backward, angry and anti-American and stimulate a whole new industry — one China is already leapfrogging us on — clean-tech. Nothing would improve our economic and national security more, yet Republicans won’t lift one finger to make it happen.

“They would rather we send more Americans to fight terrorism in the Middle East, let petro-states hostile to our interests get richer and let China take the lead in the next great global industry than ask Americans to pay a little more for the gas they use or the carbon pollution they put into the air. If OPEC, China and Russia could vote, they would be 100 percent supportive of the Republicans.

“How about we stop honoring our soldiers and our military families and start helping them? Nope. The Republican view of fighting the war on terrorism is that rather than ask all of us to make a small sacrifice to weaken our foes and buttress our troops, we should ask only a few of us to make the ultimate sacrifice. And that’s called being tough?”

Can you imagine how high the stock market would soar and how easy a compromise with Democrats would become if Republicans offered an energy policy consistent with their values and our interests?
art

Grand Island, NE

#20 Feb 6, 2012
A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear

Thus says The Lord: I HAVE SENT FAMINE UPON THE LAND!...

Even as in the day I caused a famine throughout the land of Israel... No, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of The Lord... As it was then, so it is this day also...
From the churches of men and from the devout I have removed My hand, and from My people I have taken back My Spirit...

Lo, one full day has passed since I left them desolate,
In severe thirst, with nothing at all to nourish them...

I have left them in darkness, with no light to guide them...

The still small voice, silent.

And what is this I hear among the churches of men and those devout in Israel, even among those who have recognized Mashiach in Israel? What voice do I hear lifted up to heaven, crying out for guidance, longing for My presence and The Word of The Lord? What sound from the people has entered into the ears of The Holy One?!...
I HEAR NOTHING! NOT A WORD IS SPOKEN! NO OUTCRY IS MADE! NO REPENTANCE IS OFFERED!... NO PLEA IS LIFTED UP! No one thirsts, not one hungers, not one of them seeks The Light or grasps My robe, that I might guide them through this darkness! Through this desolate land!... None listen for My voice.

Behold! I have spoken a multitude of words, a great number of speeches!... Letter after Letter, Volume after Volume. Yet they will not eat of this bread, for they are already full; nor will they drink from this cup, for they are drunken; nor can they lift their heads to look upon this glory, for the weight of their sin remains upon them...
THEY REFUSE TO SEE, THEIR EYES ARE BLINDED! THEY WILL NOT LISTEN, THEIR EARS ARE UNCLEAN!... THEY COVER THEIR FACES AND STOP THEIR EARS!... FOOLISH PEOPLE! MOST WICKED GENERATION! I DO NOT KNOW YOU!...
FILL UP THEN, THE FULL MEASURE OF YOUR ERROR, ACCORDING TO THE PERVERSE DOCTRINES OF YOUR FATHERS! BEAR THE SIN OF YOUR HERESIES! DRINK FROM THE CUP OF YOUR BLASPHEMIES, TO THE FULLEST!

Yes, I hear your songs and your spiritual hymns, offered up to God... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! I see your uplifted hands, and I hear all these prayers offered up in the name of Christ... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! PERVERSE GENERATION!
The Day of The Lord is here! Yes, I have declared it! In these very Letters, and by My servants, I have made it known. Lo, through this man I have spoken it, for he does seek to honor Me... I HAVE BROUGHT GLORY TO MY NAME!... Yet you have hated both Me and My word! YOU HAVE REJECTED THE VOICE OF THE LIVING GOD! YOU HAVE LOATHED THE MESSENGERS OF THE MOST HIGH! Therefore shall I also reject you, for your ways are loathsome in My sight! I have left you in famine, and now I shall leave you utterly desolate...

For I have called to My lambs, their hearts sing in anticipation...
I have called to My sheep, they have embraced My voice...

Yea, I have entered in and gathered them together...

Behold, the harvest is separated!

All is ready, the door is shut.

I have but to call out, and the first election shall pass from your sight... And the gate shall be shut. For the door is shut already, the time has passed... No more shall pass through.

I tell you the truth: You have done this! You have decided, your decision is made!... Yes, YOU have shut the door to ME!... Therefore is it also shut to you.

And it shall not be opened again, until you breathe your last,
Testifying to the name of Glory and Him crucified...

Until the time I open it anew...

Behold, I shall open the gates of the city,
And the dead shall pass through!...

The martyrs of The Lord lifted up to glory!

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
Bozo

Benicia, CA

#21 Feb 6, 2012
art wrote:
A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear
Thus says The Lord: I HAVE SENT FAMINE UPON THE LAND!...
Even as in the day I caused a famine throughout the land of Israel... No, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of The Lord... As it was then, so it is this day also...
From the churches of men and from the devout I have removed My hand, and from My people I have taken back My Spirit...
Lo, one full day has passed since I left them desolate,
In severe thirst, with nothing at all to nourish them...
I have left them in darkness, with no light to guide them...
The still small voice, silent.
And what is this I hear among the churches of men and those devout in Israel, even among those who have recognized Mashiach in Israel? What voice do I hear lifted up to heaven, crying out for guidance, longing for My presence and The Word of The Lord? What sound from the people has entered into the ears of The Holy One?!...
I HEAR NOTHING! NOT A WORD IS SPOKEN! NO OUTCRY IS MADE! NO REPENTANCE IS OFFERED!... NO PLEA IS LIFTED UP! No one thirsts, not one hungers, not one of them seeks The Light or grasps My robe, that I might guide them through this darkness! Through this desolate land!... None listen for My voice.
Behold! I have spoken a multitude of words, a great number of speeches!... Letter after Letter, Volume after Volume. Yet they will not eat of this bread, for they are already full; nor will they drink from this cup, for they are drunken; nor can they lift their heads to look upon this glory, for the weight of their sin remains upon them...
THEY REFUSE TO SEE, THEIR EYES ARE BLINDED! THEY WILL NOT LISTEN, THEIR EARS ARE UNCLEAN!... THEY COVER THEIR FACES AND STOP THEIR EARS!... FOOLISH PEOPLE! MOST WICKED GENERATION! I DO NOT KNOW YOU!...
FILL UP THEN, THE FULL MEASURE OF YOUR ERROR, ACCORDING TO THE PERVERSE DOCTRINES OF YOUR FATHERS! BEAR THE SIN OF YOUR HERESIES! DRINK FROM THE CUP OF YOUR BLASPHEMIES, TO THE FULLEST!
Yes, I hear your songs and your spiritual hymns, offered up to God... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! I see your uplifted hands, and I hear all these prayers offered up in the name of Christ... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! PERVERSE GENERATION!
The Day of The Lord is here! Yes, I have declared it! In these very Letters, and by My servants, I have made it known. Lo, through this man I have spoken it, for he does seek to honor Me... I HAVE BROUGHT GLORY TO MY NAME!... Yet you have hated both Me and My word! YOU HAVE REJECTED THE VOICE OF THE LIVING GOD! YOU HAVE LOATHED THE MESSENGERS OF THE MOST HIGH! Therefore shall I also reject you, for your ways are loathsome in My sight! I have left you in famine, and now I shall leave you utterly desolate...
For I have called to My lambs, their hearts sing in anticipation...
I have called to My sheep, they have embraced My voice...
Yea, I have entered in and gathered them together...
Behold, the harvest is separated!
All is ready, the door is shut.
I have but to call out, and the first election shall pass from your sight... And the gate shall be shut. For the door is shut already, the time has passed... No more shall pass through.
I tell you the truth: You have done this! You have decided, your decision is made!... Yes, YOU have shut the door to ME!... Therefore is it also shut to you.
And it shall not be opened again, until you breathe your last,
Testifying to the name of Glory and Him crucified...
Until the time I open it anew...
Behold, I shall open the gates of the city,
And the dead shall pass through!...
The martyrs of The Lord lifted up to glory!
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
Hey Art, do you know why the Pope wears that stupid-lookin hat?

Because he's really a Conehead, and doesn't want anyone to find out!!

But shhhhhh... It's our little secret!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garlic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
desensitized garlic (Oct '07) Nov '14 shawn 26
Raw garlic vs Allicin suppliments (Allimax, All... (May '12) Sep '14 don 13
Garlic May Be the Natural Cure For MRSA (Feb '09) May '14 Seth 10
Raw Garlic versus Cooked Garlic (Apr '14) May '14 Seth 2
15 Best Anti-Aging Foods You Need To Start Eati... (Feb '14) Feb '14 vipin 1
Wildest Ice Cream Flavors (Aug '09) Jan '14 Colorado Chick 38
how do you make garlic clove chips? (Aug '09) Dec '13 Eileen 4
More from around the web