The GenoType Diet

Full story: Newsday 33
When I first heard about the Blood Type Diet , it seemed like an interesting concept. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carlos

United States

#23 Mar 31, 2008
I had a heart attack in august of 2007, a major one. I was put on medications whose contraindications were as dangerous as my condition, I was depressed at the thought that I would take these meds the rest of my life, then I was put onto the blood type diet and later genotype, and I will say here and now that it was the miracle I prayed for. I lost weight, grew hair(don't laugh, it's true), and have a wonderful sense of well being. You know, people will agree right away that wearing the same outfit, or using the same style in any aspect of their lives is rediculous because" I am a unique individual". My question, why does this "individuality" apply to the most trivial aspects of our lives and when addressing something as important as our health and well being,it is viewed as quackery or worse. We spend billions on diets, cosmetics to achieve an unnatural look( have you seen some of those makeup jobs?, yikes!!!!). I believe sincerely that the genotype way of life is the first step towards a broader, saner, more complete understanding of our " individual selves", than has ever been achieved through logical, concise, clear thinking and application of said thinking regarding what we put into our minds and bodies.ood clean, wholesome diets,free of garbage, paying specific attention to our unique needs and maladies. Wake up folks, we are being given control of our selves once again with no reliance on drugs, or poisons that offer no more than an illusion of well being. How many times have you heard a friend say " I am taking this medication, and it's making me feel sick or drowsy, or some such other complaint? This is your chance to do something positive without risking the hazards of often unsound experimentation, at great expense to us financilally and emotionally. I for one will take that path thus far least traveled knowing that it will become the main avenue for our health and well being. Thanks doctors collici and D'Adamo. be well always
Sandee

Birmingham, MI

#24 Apr 2, 2008
I have tried a lot of fad diets like Atkins, South Beach, Abs Diet, etc.. Luckily, I missed the GenoDiet :-) A couple years ago I found a diet and lifestyle that is a life changing.

I have lost 70lbs in 11 months and more importantly have transformed my mind and spirit. The diet plan is predicated on abstinence from sugar and flour. These are harmful to the body for many reasons.

If anyone is interested I have more information on my story and a bunch of free recipes on my site at www.happy2beme.com .
Caryn

South Africa

#25 Apr 9, 2008
I have just started on this diet so I can only speak from limited experience, however the main benefit so far (apart from weight loss) has been the fact that I can look at 95% of the 'food' sold in supermarkets and know that it is absolute junk. I shop with a knowledge of what is really healthy and what to avoid. I miss out complete aisles at supermarkets these days. In fact the only sections I visit are the fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat and fish and the health food products. The amount of money I save on junk food is an added bonus
EddieTol

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Jul 15, 2008
I am not a dieter and am fairly healthy. I was recently involved in an automobile accident and suffered a back injury. I was referred to a physical therapy doctor who recommended this diet as part of my recovery. Within three weeks of starting the diet I am completely off of my pain medication, sleeping pills, chloresterol medication and high blood pressure pills. My blood pressure went from the high 170's to the low 120's in two weeks and I feel fantastic. THe high blood pressure was keeping me from donating a kidney to a cousin whoise kidneys have failed. Now I will be able to do this for her. Don't tell me this diet doesn't work.
Alison

Long Beach, CA

#27 Jul 21, 2008
I can only say this:
Diets AREN'T for everyone! What may work for one person won't work for another. If you're lactose intolerant and blood type AB there is that chance this won't work for you. However, just because it does not work for YOU does not mean it will not work for EVERYONE.:)

I've been on the diet *just* over a week and I'm very happy with it. Partly because I'm O and I have more choices. This diet is more lenient in it guides you to the right foods rather than saying "No. You *HAVE* to eat this!"
AnthroPoly

Concord, NH

#28 Jul 23, 2008
What is science but a set of working hypotheses? "Science" is not a term for "absolute truth". I have had some science education and there is plenty backing up D'adamo's work. I, too, have had significant changes in my health in two months of BTD. One needs an open mind in order to let new ideas in.
Say the Truth

Wallingford, PA

#29 Jul 23, 2008
Caryn wrote:
I have just started on this diet so I can only speak from limited experience, however the main benefit so far (apart from weight loss) has been the fact that I can look at 95% of the 'food' sold in supermarkets and know that it is absolute junk. I shop with a knowledge of what is really healthy and what to avoid. I miss out complete aisles at supermarkets these days. In fact the only sections I visit are the fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat and fish and the health food products. The amount of money I save on junk food is an added bonus
You are 100% correct. Most of the chronic health conditions today are caused or made worse by hightly processed foods. HFCS is poison, and appears in more places than you would think. If there's an ingredient in something that you can't pronounce then don't eat it! You don't need to buy a book or go on some special "diet" to know this.
Medical Student

Long Island City, NY

#30 Mar 8, 2009
These people who claim that diet doesn't affect genetic expresison haven't been studying science lately. Actually, genes change expression all the time. They are strings of proteins that are folded over on themselves, again and again, forming complex shapes, but there are chemicals in our blood (depending on what we EAT) that break certain chemical bonds at the bends in the protein strings, and this opens up the molecule so certain other genes inside the folded shape now have expression. There are several layers of folding within folding, so there are many, many genes that are expressed only under certain chemical conditions.

Don't talk if you haven't a clue what you're talking about. I'm in my third year of medical school and have had nine semester-long courses in physiology. Try knowing of what you speak before you open your mouth.
Mara New York wrote:
I can't see the science in the Genotype book. To turn off genes by eating blueberries (for example) or by not eating blueberries - depending on genotype - is laughable.
The Genotypes look like a random categorisation. I tried it nevertheless and it made me feel worse.
canada08

Red Deer, Canada

#31 Apr 1, 2009
I have really enjoyed reading all the comments on this sight! My best friend of 22 years went to a Naturopathic doctor and had all the tests ran. She has been a Nomad now for about 4 months. She is supplementing as well and I have NEVER seen her do so well. She feels so energetic! She has always had to watch her diet and exercise. But, by far the Geno way of life has excelled anything she has done. So, now I am next...I am reading the book but would love to go see a Naturopathic doctor as she did. I recently moved to Alberta, Canada from the U.S.A. Does anyone know of a Naturopath anywhere that works with the Genotype diet? I have searched and searched! Any help would be helpful! Thanks!
soulmambo

Temple Hills, MD

#32 May 18, 2009
Mara New York wrote:
I can't see the science in the Genotype book. To turn off genes by eating blueberries (for example) or by not eating blueberries - depending on genotype - is laughable.
The Genotypes look like a random categorisation. I tried it nevertheless and it made me feel worse.
you don't ring true, why would you just try one thing and negate the whole style of living, don't you realze that lives a re being changed here. I you are a health worker who is afraid of losing your clients, I say learn a new way and pave the road in front of you to the new millenium. Open your eyes and seek truth
Mike Ledford

Fishersville, VA

#33 Sep 13, 2011
There's a lot behind eating for your type. You don't wear clothes made for the pope do you?

You eat what's appropriate for you, and partly that's genetically determined. I don't know about blood type... I think metabolic type is a better indicator.

Modern diets can lead to chronic inflammation, which can lead to a host of other maladies. See what I mean here... http://www.antiagingjournal.org/depression-an...
anne brough

Auckland, New Zealand

#35 Jul 16, 2012
I keen to try to get rid of my joint pain.
watch this space!!
wag

Lakeport, CA

#36 Dec 11, 2013
Debra wrote:
Barnum was right--there's a sucker born every minute. Maybe if we actually had some decent science education in our schools people would understand just how stupid the idea of a "blood type diet" is.
"Good science education" means remaining open to evidence that disconfirms your old model. There are many credible empirical findings that a) different genotypes are susceptible to different disorders, b) epigenetic triggers can change gene expression within an organism, and c) the chemicals that we put into our bodies can alter this gene expression.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruits Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Products from Azerbaijan receive 'registration'... Sep 21 Dander 10
Beer Man: Unique ingredient mix produces Footpr... Sep 8 Your enemy 1
Tiny Bayfield has thriving restaurant scene Aug '14 Natural 1
Opportunity for Pakistan to penetrate Russian f... Aug '14 Putinko 3
State Street's real McCoy Aug '14 Frogger 3
Immigration crisis at border afflicts heartland... Aug '14 T Turner 2
European farmers feel Russian sanctions bite Aug '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 15

Fruits People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE