California chefs join forces to fight...

California chefs join forces to fight foie gras ban; this is their charter and list of signees

There are 2 comments on the SFGate story from Apr 30, 2012, titled California chefs join forces to fight foie gras ban; this is their charter and list of signees. In it, SFGate reports that:

One of the protesters outside of Bay Wolf during a foie gras dinner last month. Special to the San Francisco Chronicle Gracing the front page of the Sunday edition of the San Francisco Chronicle was this report on how over 100 of California's best chefs are joining forces at the 11th hour to oppose the July 1 statewide ban on foie gras.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Let me eat

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2012
Good for them. It's sad that we have to fight for our freedom from whacko fringe groups that will take our foie gras away. Doesn't California have more pressing issues to deal with than what I choose to put on my plate.
do not mess with the chef

Clearlake, CA

#2 May 1, 2012
Let me eat wrote:
Good for them. It's sad that we have to fight for our freedom from whacko fringe groups that will take our foie gras away. Doesn't California have more pressing issues to deal with than what I choose to put on my plate.
These so called do gooders will rob us and legislate every freedom away. California has gotten rediculous with it's nanny state.
You can not even have a child in the front seat of a car till age eight. I'll vote for a legislator who will take two laws off the books for every one that is introduced. We can start saving that way first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foie Gras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-star chef Benoit Violier found dead in appare... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lovereal SGVN 1
News Outside France, foodies are gorging themselves ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 common sense 29
News Maite Kropp: Is satisfying your taste buds wort... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jerry 4
Lancement d'une nouvelle gamme de foie gras/que... (Oct '14) Oct '14 MarketingEtudes 1
News Responding to complaints from animal rights act... (Sep '11) Dec '13 T Ly 3
News Wire: Chez Simo Bistro Open in Ravenswood; Bon ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Steve 2
News dining review casimir bistro boca raton (Oct '08) Mar '13 Jeanine from Boca 11
More from around the web