Foie gras video: Animal-rights activi...

Foie gras video: Animal-rights activist settles libel suit with...

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Foie gras video: Animal-rights activist settles libel suit with.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A legal battle over a gruesome video that fueled the foie gras debate nationally and in Chicago was averted Wednesday as the parties settled a libel lawsuit shortly before jury selection was set to begin in Cook County Circuit Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EON

Chicago, IL

#22 Jun 24, 2009
Congrats to Pease for getting them to settle. Often times the pocket book is the only way to affect people's decisions. Foie gras is about force feeding Geese over a long enough period of time to enlarge the liver. Google it. Many of you may still say "so what". Taking a moment to consider the broader sphere affected by your choices is something we all do every day at very levels. Animal rights are just about extending those concerns a little further from home. It is my opinion that our planet and all of its abundant life is valuable. It should be respected, conserved, and treated humanely.
While any exchange of ideas is better than no exchange its sad how quickly comment boards negatively digress. I'm saddened when I see people who are compassionate for other animals so limited in their compassion for some human animals. Calling each other radical and using hateful words is dismissive, unjust, and polarizing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foie Gras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-star chef Benoit Violier found dead in appare... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lovereal SGVN 1
News Outside France, foodies are gorging themselves ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 common sense 30
News Maite Kropp: Is satisfying your taste buds wort... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jerry 4
Lancement d'une nouvelle gamme de foie gras/que... (Oct '14) Oct '14 MarketingEtudes 1
News Responding to complaints from animal rights act... (Sep '11) Dec '13 T Ly 3
News Wire: Chez Simo Bistro Open in Ravenswood; Bon ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Steve 2
News dining review casimir bistro boca raton (Oct '08) Mar '13 Jeanine from Boca 11
More from around the web