Foie gras video: Animal-rights activi...

Foie gras video: Animal-rights activist settles libel suit with...

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Foie gras video: Animal-rights activist settles libel suit with.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A legal battle over a gruesome video that fueled the foie gras debate nationally and in Chicago was averted Wednesday as the parties settled a libel lawsuit shortly before jury selection was set to begin in Cook County Circuit Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BDD

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 18, 2009
I am sure that Bryan is also loonie enough to save house flies too.
XVN

Evanston, IL

#2 Jun 18, 2009
Right; anyone who opposes blatant animal cruelty is obviously insane.
Capt Concernicus

Lincolnshire, IL

#3 Jun 18, 2009
They're just ducks and geese. No biggie. Hopefully they're Canadian geese. I hate those birds.
Ted

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 18, 2009
"Pease said he was happy the suit was settled. But he added that he's disappointed he will not have a chance to present his case -- and more video footage -- to a Cook County jury."

If you felt you had a case and wanted to present the evidence as stated then do not settle you hypocrit.
who has a name of maggot

Wilmette, IL

#5 Jun 18, 2009
anyone who tortures these poor creatures will hopefully die the same way! what freaks!!!
who has a name of maggot

Wilmette, IL

#6 Jun 18, 2009
also, anybody who eats this crap should choke to death from it!!! thats a video worth viewing!
Patrick

United States

#7 Jun 18, 2009
Yeah, BDD, it's funny to watch animals suffer isn't it? I bet you sit there and watch animals being abused and stuff your face with the putrified muscles of dead animals and laugh so hard it comes out of your mouth and runs down your fat ugly chin.
Patrick

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2009
Capt Concernicus wrote:
They're just ducks and geese. No biggie. Hopefully they're Canadian geese. I hate those birds.
And I hope someone tortures your mother cos i hate that beeotch.
Lisa

Woodland, CA

#9 Jun 18, 2009
What an illuminating exchange. Patrick, the animal rights whacko, shows his true colors. Not that it's any big surprise. Everyone animal rights whacko I've met has a loose screw. Patrick, aren't you wasting your time on this message board? Shouldn't you be out and about "freeing the neighborhood pets from bondage in their homes where they are forced to spend the day whiling away the time waiting for their owners to come home so they can sit on the couch and watch TV with them" or some such nonsense as relayed by the queen of the nuts, Ingrid Newkirk.
Patrick

United States

#10 Jun 18, 2009
Lisa, you are an ignorant bigot. I love animals and don't think they should be abused. That makes me a whacko? I bet that kid who skinned cats alive in Florida is your new hero. You are a sick, twisted, sad woman. I bet nobody loves you.
Lisa

Woodland, CA

#11 Jun 19, 2009
Patrick, look up the words ignorant and bigot. I have no doubt you think highly of PETA. Consequently, you should know that skinning cats is right up their alley. I don't think they've ever met a pet they wouldn't like to kill (talk to the pets they convinced other people to give up to them for adopting out. You'll find them dead at the bottom of a grocery store trash container in black trash bags...)
Mr Voter

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 19, 2009
they need to take out a few of these so-called chefs and the scum who eats this and force feed them or their bastard kids and let their liver gettwice the size, then we can laugh at them and not have any feelings for them....the scum!
Capt Concernicus

Lincolnshire, IL

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
And I hope someone tortures your mother cos i hate that beeotch.
Brilliant comeback.*sarcasm alert*

Well you shouldn't hate me as much as you should hate PETA and HSUS. They're the real criminals and hypocrites.
Patrick

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2009
Did I ever say I was a member of PETA??? I used to be, but I found their tactics too bizarre and alienating to continue to throw my hard earned money at. I support one animal organization now, ALDF: Animal Legal Defense Fund. I am sure they will help prosecute that sick twisted little f*** in Florida who was killing all those cats. As for having pets, my wife and I share our home with 10 animals. I just call them our furry (and feathered) babies. "Pet" sounds too condescending for my taste.
Capt Concernicus

Lincolnshire, IL

#15 Jun 19, 2009
Patrick wrote:
Did I ever say I was a member of PETA??? I used to be, but I found their tactics too bizarre and alienating to continue to throw my hard earned money at. I support one animal organization now, ALDF: Animal Legal Defense Fund. I am sure they will help prosecute that sick twisted little f*** in Florida who was killing all those cats. As for having pets, my wife and I share our home with 10 animals. I just call them our furry (and feathered) babies. "Pet" sounds too condescending for my taste.
You find calling your animals "pets" condescending? Well I will have to admit I've never heard that before.:-) May I ask why you feel it's condescending?
stp

Gwynn Oak, MD

#16 Jun 19, 2009
The loonie people are the ones who don't care about the animals. They all want to live and should have a right to a cruelty free life. People have no hearts who don't care about the animals and the horrible lives they lead due to people.
Patrick

United States

#17 Jun 19, 2009
Capt Concernicus wrote:
<quoted text>
You find calling your animals "pets" condescending? Well I will have to admit I've never heard that before.:-) May I ask why you feel it's condescending?
Somehow, it seems to imply ownership. I think that's not the right concept. If I own something, it's mine to do with as I please. I prefer to think of the relationship my wife and I have with our companion animals as stewardship rather than ownership. We take responsibility for their well-being, act in their best interests and love them nearly as much as one would love one's own child. Our hearts break when one of our animals passes away, and I have never forgotten a single one, nor do I believe I ever will. Each one has his or her own personality, each one interacts with us in their own unique way, and when I look in the eyes of one of our cats, I have no doubt I am looking into the eyes of a sentient being with feelings, thoughts and a soul.
Animal Lover

Bakersfield, CA

#18 Jun 19, 2009
It is unfortunate that some folks who actually do like animals have fallen for the animal radical's propaganda. When you do not OWN your pet, but you are only the GUARDIAN, then the state owns your pet. Wake up.

As far as the ducks and force feeding. Folks, the animal radicals ROUTINELY fabricate videos about animal issues. When the general public does not know HOW certain things are done with animal husbandry issues, they are likely to believe whatever b.s. is put forward by the ARs...even though it is not true. Over the years I have seen some videos put forward that were staged...and even met videographers who told of being PAID to do photograph x, y and z activities with the animals in order to make it look pitiful, abusive, etc. so that the ARs could prove their case. Why not be just a bit more critical here when viewing some of these staged events? The point of the animal radical agenda is to eliminate all animal/human contact...and they are making some headway with that. Don't believe everything you see when the ARs are providing the "documentation" because it is likely not the truth.
Patrick

United States

#19 Jun 19, 2009
Animal Lover wrote:
It is unfortunate that some folks who actually do like animals have fallen for the animal radical's propaganda. When you do not OWN your pet, but you are only the GUARDIAN, then the state owns your pet.<snip>.
I think your tin foil hat is on too tight. How about NOBODY owns an animal, just like NOBODY owns a human being??? How does it follow that if I don't own my pet, the state owns my pet??? How about God owns my pet? How about that??? Are you an atheist?
Patrick

United States

#21 Jun 21, 2009
BARBARINO wrote:
Unfortunately, this is an argument nobody can win.
Barbarino??? Hey up your nose with a rubber hose! Everybody sing along now! bar bar bar... bar bar barino

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foie Gras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-star chef Benoit Violier found dead in appare... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lovereal SGVN 1
News Outside France, foodies are gorging themselves ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 common sense 30
News Maite Kropp: Is satisfying your taste buds wort... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jerry 4
Lancement d'une nouvelle gamme de foie gras/que... (Oct '14) Oct '14 MarketingEtudes 1
News Responding to complaints from animal rights act... (Sep '11) Dec '13 T Ly 3
News Wire: Chez Simo Bistro Open in Ravenswood; Bon ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Steve 2
News dining review casimir bistro boca raton (Oct '08) Mar '13 Jeanine from Boca 11
More from around the web