Free burgers mark Whataburger's 60th

Free burgers mark Whataburger's 60th

There are 106 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Free burgers mark Whataburger's 60th. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Wearing orange on Tuesday could get you a free Whataburger, thanks to the fast-food chain, which is celebrating its 60th birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
texas thing

Newcastle, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2010
these are some of the best burgers in town. they have exceptional customer service.
Chip

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 30, 2010

Get those orange t shirts out or those UTEP shirts.

Just Me

El Paso, TX

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Whataburger! They have the best burgers in town!
Bonjour

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2010
I LOVE WHATABURGER. Its unbelieveable, but I remember eating WHATABURGER for 35 cents,
Damn I am old. BUT I LOVE WHATABURGER. And the best part, they still treat you like a person should be treated.

There is not one place in town that has their type of service. And they are getting better too. Now they take the burger to your setting area. WOW! I should have gotten a job at WHATABURGER!
Just Me

El Paso, TX

#5 Jul 30, 2010
Wow, Bonjour! You paid 35 cents for a burger? As long as we've lived in EP and gone to Whataburger they've charged way more than that! You must be old!
Burgers

El Paso, TX

#6 Jul 30, 2010
texas thing wrote:
these are some of the best burgers in town. they have exceptional customer service.
Great burgers. Worst customer service in the industry. Montana & McRae location tops the list of worst customer service. But poor customer service is typical for El Paso.
Gator

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2010
I ALSO LOVE WHATABURGER... Hey youngon, I don't know when they raised their prices… In 1955 I remember getting a WHATABURGER for 25 cents, fries for 10 cents, and a chocolate shake for 15 cents.

They were known for their fast personalized service.

That is when they didn't have much on the menu… all I recall is that they had burgers, fries, cokes, and shakes. They could serve your order quicker back then.

We aren’t old... we are just seasoned! The seasons come and go much faster now than they did back then.
ronald mcdonald

United States

#8 Jul 30, 2010
hey guys come on, I know whataburger is good but don't say it's the best in town. My place is the only restaurant where you'll find an emmaculate 99cent menu, I know most of you have eaten my double cheeseburger after a day of smoking the chiba. Remember el paso I love you, and continue making me filthy rich..i mean continue stuffing ur fat faces at my place -Ronald
isla

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2010
i agree they have good food but worst customer service ever and i tried different locations and they're all the same

Since: Jul 10

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 30, 2010
Get your free burgers guys. Hopefully we'll get the title of fattest city in the u.s next year. We only ranked 3rd this year.
Fukt_Fanny

Seminole, FL

#11 Jul 30, 2010
Nastiest burgers in the U.S. Cholera, anyone? Food poisoning, anyone? Fooch, never make it in Hollywood like the scrumptious In-N-Out burgers. Now, that's what I call a BURGER! Yummy.
nacho

United States

#12 Jul 30, 2010
quit b*tching about the customer service, it's all ur brat kids whom weren't raised right cuz ur such sh**ty parents, good job. You can kick yourselves in the butt for this one
Safonda Coxxx

Seminole, FL

#13 Jul 30, 2010
nacho wrote:
quit b*tching about the customer service, it's all ur brat kids whom weren't raised right cuz ur such sh**ty parents, good job. You can kick yourselves in the butt for this one
Grammar check: "it's all ur brat kids who (not whom) weren't raised..."

Another successful graduate of Taco Tech. Go, gurl!
Cops R Us

Washington, DC

#14 Jul 30, 2010
The way you express yourself writing doesn't say about your parents. You write like a "Home Girl".......without a job.
Safonda Coxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammar check: "it's all ur brat kids who (not whom) weren't raised..."
Another successful graduate of Taco Tech. Go, gurl!
PowerBottom78

Seminole, FL

#15 Jul 30, 2010
Cops R Us wrote:
The way you express yourself writing doesn't say about your parents. You write like a "Home Girl".......without a job.<quoted text>
Look who is talking. Your first sentence makes no grammatical sense whatsoever. If you're a cop, that explains it. Most cops "barely" graduated from high school - or did you obtain a GED. BTW, have you assaulted anyone lately? Hmmmmm? Calling Dateline's Chris Hansen!
nacho

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2010
calm down safonda I didn't know I was in school and the comments I post are gonna be revised and grammar scrutinized. "who (not whom)" ha good job dumbass
Muy Grande

El Paso, TX

#17 Jul 30, 2010
Anyone who doubts that El Paso has one of the highest levels of obesity in the country need only consider the fact that this is the #1, most viewed story in the EL PASO TIMES. Says it all. People in this town aren't interested in GOOD food -- only lots of it at low prices -- and especially when it's free. Wonder how many people will be making the rounds of multiple Whattaburger locations?
SayWhat

Plano, TX

#18 Jul 30, 2010
Free burgers? What, are they trying to get rid of all their expired inventory, hummm?
Chip

El Paso, TX

#19 Jul 30, 2010
nacho wrote:

It also works both ways with the customer demanding service immediately. Customers should be courteous to the workers. Remember they are the ones putting things into the product.

Chip

El Paso, TX

#20 Jul 30, 2010
SayWhat wrote:
Free burgers? What, are they trying to get rid of all their expired inventory, hummm?

Remember the buy one get one free day also. Those Whataburgers somehow were different tasting. Don't know if it was inferior meat or old stock. Let us hope not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fast Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did Kelly's invent the roast beef sandwich? Eit... (May '15) Jul 1 Matter of taste 3
What D Swaggy thinks of veggies Jun '16 Swaggy Bling 1
News Is Pro-LGBTQ Chicken Shop ChkChk Better Than Ch... Jun '16 Patrick Rooney 3
News Taco Bell testing more modern a " even hipster ... May '16 Leann 1
News Hardee's announces plans for 84 locations in Ohio May '16 VCNZX 29
News Posted: 1 hour agoComments (1)Thunder Bay Museum Apr '16 focus 1
News McDonald's appeals six-figure settlement for fi... Apr '16 Ronald McDonald B... 1
More from around the web