Black East Indian Ducks.

Black East Indian Ducks.

Posted in the Duck Forum

Sarah

South Shields, UK

#1 Apr 8, 2007
Hi.
Are The black east indian ducks quiet?
Seeing as we live in the city, and would prefer that, and are more interested in getting that breed of duck.
Also.
Are They're eggs suitable to eat? I've heard they are alot smaller, so are they?
Ali

Romsey, UK

#2 May 4, 2008
Hi,

Mine are still babies so don't make too much noise and are really tame - the kids pick them up and cuddle them like a puppy!

The eggs are fine to eat - they're a great colour of being slightly grey/green! They're about the size of a chicken egg although the egg itself looks more elongated!
Julie west country

Llandudno, UK

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Hi I have a female and a male black east indian age about 8 months now penned in under wire cannot let them out due to cats either side .
I have to keep moving them to a new patch of grass , They have started mating but she has not layed any eggs, they love the water especially when it is clean, I feed them on corn as instructed and odd treats of mealie worms .I want them to be happy but i feel that they just want to be free and roam , if i let them out can they defend themslves from cats in the garden their wings are clipped.
This is the first time i have kept ducks and welcome any comments, I evntually want to add more females to get eggs
Sarah Scotland

UK

#4 Apr 26, 2009
Julie :We have 2 Black East Indian Bantams and they see off the Cat,Dog,Chickens,garden Birds, not to mention the Postman and anyone else who dares to tread!Ducks do like to wander so its best to keep your boundaries secure.
Sarah: Yes they are quite noisy, drakes are very quiet but females are very loud and Donald Duck like!
Debbie

AOL

#5 Jun 24, 2009
julie,
I have a pair of black east indi and we let ours run free but a fox got our male. we have 5 cats and the cats don't bother the ducks but they would if the ducks were just hatched. Their wings are not clipped either and they stay in our yard but like i said a fox got the male. The female quack is loud if she is excited she will get to quacking when my daughter brings out food, the male has a lower quack to him, sometimes it's hard to even hear him. good luck with your ducks please keep them safe
GeordieLad

Greenfield, MA

#6 Jan 18, 2011
My bird wants to get one of these ducks but we live in a council flat and I don't reckon its a good idea. Is she right or just a daft bint?
Billy

Weston-super-mare, UK

#7 Mar 2, 2011
GeordieLad wrote:
My bird wants to get one of these ducks but we live in a council flat and I don't reckon its a good idea. Is she right or just a daft bint?
Daft Bint....need water and are quite messy
scott

Liverpool, UK

#8 Sep 13, 2011
i have a little black east indian duck, 5 weeks old, has a nappy as h8s being left alonre so it can wonder the house, can be well tamed, sits in the dog basket with the dog at night and doesnt move till the dog wakes up
amy

Carmarthen, UK

#9 Oct 19, 2011
duck do not belong in a house! they need lots of room water and they make a lot of mess!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Introducing a new duck to flock (Jan '07) Dec 27 lilmoma31 10
I need help with my Duck something is wrong Oct '17 Anonymous 2
Why is my duck not sitting on her eggs? (Feb '10) Oct '17 Sara 39
my duckling is very sick HELP QUICK (Aug '11) Oct '17 ALP45 3
Duck can't walk (May '07) Oct '17 Elizabeth 124
My Sweet Blue Swede Sep '17 Joey 2
What Food can i feed my ducks, apart from norma... (Nov '06) Aug '17 Deanna1899 199
More from around the web