What Food can i feed my ducks, apart ...

What Food can i feed my ducks, apart from normal Duck Pellets?

Posted in the Duck Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Charlotte the duck

Moorooka, Australia

#1 Nov 28, 2006
Hi there, just wanted to know exaclty what can i feed my ducks? I know Bread and junk food are a no no and taht veggies are good - Is there anything i shouldnt give?

Thanks.
tammy

Saint John, Canada

#2 Feb 1, 2007
apparently they like wheat barely and corn also !
Ashley

Cedar Lake, MI

#3 Apr 26, 2007
I don't have a duck but i'm doind a project for a class at school and i don't know much about ducks...
Audrey

Grover, MO

#4 May 23, 2007
Ducks do well on non-medicated duck mash, vegetable greens, tomatoes, worms, and cracked corn.
chuck

Johnsonburg, PA

#5 May 28, 2007
email [email protected]
I have four pekans on my pond and two have become lame. Information tells me that it is hot foot caused by a bacteria.
Looking for medicated feed to help issue. If you can help please email me.
Thanks, chuck
margie

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 30, 2007
i have been feeding ducks at a local park with bread which i learned through here is a no no..What can i feed them?
iwe

Bath, UK

#7 Jun 6, 2007
Charlotte the duck wrote:
Hi there, just wanted to know exaclty what can i feed my ducks? I know Bread and junk food are a no no and taht veggies are good - Is there anything i shouldnt give?
Thanks.
bloodworm good day
iwe

Bath, UK

#8 Jun 6, 2007
bloodworm
willie

Malvern, OH

#9 Jun 21, 2007
this is late for the post, but i have a baby mallard, 3 weeks, and i've fed him spinach, kale, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, hard boiled eggs, sweet peas and green beans.....he also eats everything in my pond and we go worming too...he loves earthworms, try to keep a balabnced diet......all the veggies and fruit are organic......he eats better than my husband LOL
Patricia

Chadron, SD

#10 Jun 27, 2007
What should i feed my ducks as a normal food? the local feed store only sells poulty layer complete so thats what i have been feeding them but they are acting really sleepy and loggy and one of then seems to be limping in both legs and im really worried but i dont know what to do somebody help me please??
lara

Spain

#11 Jul 15, 2007
Hi i have just bought a duck i have put him with chickrns is this ok? is chicken food ok ?
josh

Copenhagen, NY

#12 Jul 15, 2007
I have a friend who raises ducks and chickens. He told me that the ducks will kill the chicken with no mercy. I would advise against it. Medicated chicken food can kill your ducks pretty fast as well.
josh

Copenhagen, NY

#13 Jul 15, 2007
sorry I got that the backwards. Chickens will kill ducks without mercy.
dawn

Evansville, IN

#14 Jul 25, 2007
Patricia wrote:
What should i feed my ducks as a normal food? the local feed store only sells poulty layer complete so thats what i have been feeding them but they are acting really sleepy and loggy and one of then seems to be limping in both legs and im really worried but i dont know what to do somebody help me please??
i've found out today that a duck we thought had a hurt foot instead has a bacterial infection causing it to appear to limp... vet said it was caused by the corn they've been eating........ they need medical attention
Dominic

Ottawa, Canada

#15 Sep 6, 2007
I have 12 chickens and 12 ducks (runners) sharing the same range - they all seem to get along just fine - I've been feeding the ducks "duck grower" and the chickens "layer mash", but I frequently catch them snacking at each other's feeders. I'm wondering if I should just feed them all the organic chicken mash, which is only 18$/100lb versus 12$/50lb for the non-organic duck pellets.
jane f

Hoyt Lakes, MN

#16 Sep 24, 2007
lara wrote:
Hi i have just bought a duck i have put him with chickrns is this ok? is chicken food ok ?
I have 18 chickens and 1 duck. They move about freely. The duck is the babysitter. He waits for all the chickens to get into thier house and stands in the doorway until we shut the door. Its really neat to see
michael

Tonopah, AZ

#17 Sep 29, 2007
what is the beast to feed my ducks
Guy Newman

Europe

#18 Oct 6, 2007
i think goatse flakes are very good for ducks
michael

Tonopah, AZ

#19 Oct 6, 2007
thank you
Bjeans

Fallon, NV

#20 Oct 13, 2007
Charlotte the duck wrote:
Thanks.
My ducks love tomatoes and cantelope that are very ripe, cut up small so they can gobble em down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is my duck not sitting on her eggs? (Feb '10) Jan 16 EvansDuckLady 33
why can put duck stand up by herself Oct '16 Anonymous 1
2 Cani ducks Sep '16 Carol follis 1
Duck Eggs (Nov '06) Aug '16 Crazy old duck lady 103
duck with wobbly gait and falling down (May '08) Aug '16 Andrea 34
Duck can't walk (May '07) Aug '16 Andrea 121
bloody eggs (Jun '16) Jun '16 Jeffrey 1
More from around the web