What Food can i feed my ducks, apart from normal Duck Pellets?

Posted in the Duck Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 193 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 4
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Charlotte the duck

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2006

Judged:

Hi there, just wanted to know exaclty what can i feed my ducks? I know Bread and junk food are a no no and taht veggies are good - Is there anything i shouldnt give?

Thanks.
tammy

Saint John, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2007

Judged:

apparently they like wheat barely and corn also !
Ashley

Cedar Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Judged:

I don't have a duck but i'm doind a project for a class at school and i don't know much about ducks...
Audrey

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Judged:

Ducks do well on non-medicated duck mash, vegetable greens, tomatoes, worms, and cracked corn.
chuck

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

Judged:

email amc1334@zitomedia.net
I have four pekans on my pond and two have become lame. Information tells me that it is hot foot caused by a bacteria.
Looking for medicated feed to help issue. If you can help please email me.
Thanks, chuck
margie

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

Judged:

i have been feeding ducks at a local park with bread which i learned through here is a no no..What can i feed them?
iwe

Salisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Judged:

Charlotte the duck wrote:
Hi there, just wanted to know exaclty what can i feed my ducks? I know Bread and junk food are a no no and taht veggies are good - Is there anything i shouldnt give?
Thanks.
bloodworm good day
iwe

Salisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

bloodworm
willie

Minerva, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Judged:

this is late for the post, but i have a baby mallard, 3 weeks, and i've fed him spinach, kale, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, hard boiled eggs, sweet peas and green beans.....he also eats everything in my pond and we go worming too...he loves earthworms, try to keep a balabnced diet......all the veggies and fruit are organic......he eats better than my husband LOL
Patricia

Chadron, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

What should i feed my ducks as a normal food? the local feed store only sells poulty layer complete so thats what i have been feeding them but they are acting really sleepy and loggy and one of then seems to be limping in both legs and im really worried but i dont know what to do somebody help me please??
lara

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

Judged:

Hi i have just bought a duck i have put him with chickrns is this ok? is chicken food ok ?
josh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

I have a friend who raises ducks and chickens. He told me that the ducks will kill the chicken with no mercy. I would advise against it. Medicated chicken food can kill your ducks pretty fast as well.
josh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

sorry I got that the backwards. Chickens will kill ducks without mercy.
dawn

Clarksville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Patricia wrote:
What should i feed my ducks as a normal food? the local feed store only sells poulty layer complete so thats what i have been feeding them but they are acting really sleepy and loggy and one of then seems to be limping in both legs and im really worried but i dont know what to do somebody help me please??
i've found out today that a duck we thought had a hurt foot instead has a bacterial infection causing it to appear to limp... vet said it was caused by the corn they've been eating........ they need medical attention
Dominic

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

I have 12 chickens and 12 ducks (runners) sharing the same range - they all seem to get along just fine - I've been feeding the ducks "duck grower" and the chickens "layer mash", but I frequently catch them snacking at each other's feeders. I'm wondering if I should just feed them all the organic chicken mash, which is only 18$/100lb versus 12$/50lb for the non-organic duck pellets.
jane f

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Judged:

lara wrote:
Hi i have just bought a duck i have put him with chickrns is this ok? is chicken food ok ?
I have 18 chickens and 1 duck. They move about freely. The duck is the babysitter. He waits for all the chickens to get into thier house and stands in the doorway until we shut the door. Its really neat to see
michael

Tonopah, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

what is the beast to feed my ducks
Guy Newman

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

i think goatse flakes are very good for ducks
michael

Tonopah, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

thank you
Bjeans

Fallon, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

Charlotte the duck wrote:
Thanks.
My ducks love tomatoes and cantelope that are very ripe, cut up small so they can gobble em down!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Duck Discussions

Search the Duck Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Duck laid eggs on my garden (Apr '07) Jul 24 R0seBlossom 54
what is white foam found on muscovoy ducks eye (Mar '10) Jul 9 Raegan 22
Duck Eggs (Nov '06) Jul 3 Cindy 93
Word of Mouth Baltimore: Food and Drink: Duck c... Jun '14 First 1
Duck can't walk (May '07) May '14 Susan C 96
duck with wobbly gait and falling down (May '08) May '14 Heather 24
when can a baby duck swim? (Jun '07) May '14 bobby 28
•••
•••