KFC in the UK - "Goes Halal"

May 2, 2009 | Posted by: Abu Najda | Full story: www.kfc.co.uk

At KFC we listen to our customers - and the views of our customers help us to evolve the menu and choices we offer.

Comments
1 - 20 of 1,441 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2013
First Prev
of 73
Next Last

“Peace, Justice, Honesty, Adab”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

Top idea. The last KPC I had was in Mecca. Looking forward to them coming to my town with a halal menu - there is drive through just up the road.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

AthiestOz wrote:
Hafal .. a blessing of a animal before its slaughtered ... you wouldnt have a clue if it is or isnt ...
Assuming that "halal" is anything like kosher, it means the animal was humanely killed under sanitary condtions.

“Peace, Justice, Honesty, Adab”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

AthiestOz wrote:
Hafal .. a blessing of a animal before its slaughtered ... you wouldnt have a clue if it is or isnt ....
'Oh bless this animal before I cut its throat for it is about to be used as food for human consumption ... etc etc etc...' oh please ...
I honestly wonder how many 'Muslims' can taste any difference between a hafal chicken to a non-hafal chicken..... Its all in peoples heads ...
Its not the taste. It absolutely does not affect that. It is a blessing (as per the Jewish tradition). If someone can show that the meat they have is halal, then as a Muslim, it is enough to accept them at their word provided you have confidence that this is something you can rely on.

If it was not halal, you would never know, but then the one who answers for it is not you but the person who supplied you - they have the responsibility. The purchaser fulfilled their obligation.
mr Giblets

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that "halal" is anything like kosher, it means the animal was humanely killed under sanitary condtions.
ever seen a halal butcher shop? what a stink, blowflies everywhere, who would eat that stuff?
aqeela

Loughborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

'Halal' isnt just about blessing the animal before its death, its also about how the animal is killed, its about how it is reared, and its about the health of the animal before it is killed for meat.
anglistan

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

yes, another step towards the islamization of UK

“I love my total freedom..do u?”

Since: Nov 08

Jellystone National Park.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

It is a ritual slaughter.... that is all .. and a blessing has to be said ...(it has to be said throughout the whole inhumane slaughter).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bans_on_ritual_s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of...

http://books.google.com/books...

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

Subway also has halal branches, they do have to display a sign saying so, not that it will bother everyone, look at all the filthy wog restaurants with the sick pool hop scotch outside, someone must use them.
wtf

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

what will they come up with next.

for fck sakes, stop trying to take over e v e r y t h i n g!!! i couldnt care less if it is halel or not, im not phased, but isnt it bad enough you kill, rape and force people to become apart of your religious denomination, now you want to tell us how to eat! Fck off!!!

And as for you Abu Najda, who got excited, thats touching you think its a "top idea" do you also think its a top idea that a 14 yr old girl has been raped and is now forced to join the islam denomination???? who gives two hoots about food, peoples innocents and children are at attack thanks to your prophets expectations and what is right by "allah"

get a life it is only chicken eat it or go home!!
george whyte

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

lol should muslims not be boycoting this evil american franchies, not eating there.lol

you gotta love these westernised muslims

“PROUD INFIDEL”

The Crusades got it right!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

What a morbid disgusting practice! The barbaric torture of animals. Please stop this cruel ritual. Everyone who is non muslim needs to boycott anything that says halal on it. Why is the UK allowing this to happen??
Sarah

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

I myself boycott KFC.It is not tasty.
I started to hate everything which is American,Western or even Christian..

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
Really? you will be getting kitted out for your cemtex waistcoat then.

“I love my total freedom..do u?”

Jellystone National Park.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
Can we do the same thing regarding Islam???

Cause if you can .. so can we !!!
Sarah

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

AthiestOz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we do the same thing regarding Islam???
Cause if you can .. so can we !!!
You already do it.
halal pokburgers

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
why are you using a computer, another western invention, to go onto a Western website? go and live in a tent with your camel.
EdSed

Motherwell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Ritual slaughter? All animals must be stunned before slaughter in Sweden. There is no exception for religious slaughter. That appears to makes sense and it makes sense it is rejected by Jews and Muslims. They are so alike.

KFC only exists to make McDonald’s look good. McDonald’s meat is ritually consumed by me about once a week.

AtheistOz omitted this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughter_ (livestock)

If I could be completely vegetarian, I would.
STFU

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
Ritual slaughter? All animals must be stunned before slaughter in Sweden. There is no exception for religious slaughter. That appears to makes sense and it makes sense it is rejected by Jews and Muslims. They are so alike.
KFC only exists to make McDonald’s look good. McDonald’s meat is ritually consumed by me about once a week.
AtheistOz omitted this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughter_ (livestock)
If I could be completely vegetarian, I would.
Totally agreed. Ritual slaughter should be banned outright regardless of religion be it Muslim or Jew.

I also agree on the vegetarian wish ... but having just eaten an Aberdeen Angus roast (bought from Costc :))... I fail to live up to my higher aspirations. Forgive me and my weakness!:)
Mr Giblets

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

aqeela wrote:
'Halal' isnt just about blessing the animal before its death, its also about how the animal is killed, its about how it is reared, and its about the health of the animal before it is killed for meat.
and by the look of the typical halal butchers shop, to make it as infected and disgusting as possible. Are the bluebottles halal too?
george whyte

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
so you only use muslim products then, which would be what..lol

the chip in your puters fron israel...dooooow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 73
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••