New daily sodium limits are up - can I stop worrying about how much salt I eat?

There are 1 comment on the The Globe and Mail story from Oct 27, 2013, titled New daily sodium limits are up - can I stop worrying about how much salt I eat?. In it, The Globe and Mail reports that:

I heard the daily sodium limit has been increased. Does this mean I don't have to be concerned about how much salt I eat? Earlier this month Hypertension Canada announced a proposed recommendation to decrease daily sodium intake to 2,000 milligrams - an increase from the current 1,500-milligram limit - in an effort to lower blood pressure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Globe and Mail.

SCGuardian

Orangeburg, SC

#1 Oct 28, 2013
Still be aware, this may just be a fad statement. Also be aware of Potassium intake. Potassium and Sodium (Chloride as in common salt) are blood relatives to each other and as such, may enhance High Blood Pressure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mingle-Albany closes, Un-Hui Filomeno to Saratoga 5 hr Jacob 2
News Disma's Pizza opens (Jun '10) Sat dan 6
News Beyond the Derby: Louisville, Ky.'s dynamic din... Apr 30 foodguyron 1
News Chipotle is now GMO-free Apr 29 JohnInToronto 30
News Houston Chef David Guerrero Faces Major Brain S... Apr 27 TexasFarter 8
News Central Florida holiday bits and bites Apr 25 Tazo 3
News Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... (Oct '14) Apr 22 Lorrie 3
More from around the web