Two restaurants plant stakes in downt...

Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent...

There are 76 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from May 19, 2010, titled Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Frank Gordon and John Ng said there's no reason to wait to open new restaurants on Main Street, because people still need to eat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

ridiculous

Winchendon, MA

#45 May 20, 2010
I think its absurd that this pizza place will be "mafia" themed. Since when did the mafia become cool? I think Im going to open an authentic middle eastern restaurant and it will be "al qaeda" themed.
No Meat at Expresso

North Reading, MA

#46 May 20, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Fitchburg demographics say it wont work. That's how business decisions are made!
Have you bought a sub at Expressos lately? If your order a turkey sub, you receive two pieces of thin turkey hidden by two tomato slices. I have never seen a more skimpier sub than expressos!

We need a good pizza joint, maybe goombas can offer that! Goomba is slang for either "the man", "my friend" or "idiot". I am not downplaying the name; I actually like the name it is fun and different!
Candy

Gardner, MA

#47 May 20, 2010
fitchburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Exspresso has the best pizza !!
If you're a sugar junkie. Expresso's was the FHS sugar fix that keeps on giving. They bred a whole generation of addicts. Fitchburg Dentists had a good thing going for a while until everyone lost their teeth.
City guy

AOL

#48 May 20, 2010
Candy wrote:
<quoted text>If you're a sugar junkie. Expresso's was the FHS sugar fix that keeps on giving. They bred a whole generation of addicts. Fitchburg Dentists had a good thing going for a while until everyone lost their teeth.
Is the reason their sauce is sweet orange soda?
Marie in the Burg

Great Barrington, MA

#49 May 20, 2010
I thought I was the only person in Fitchburg who can't stand Espresso pizza. Way too sweet and greasy. Cardboard drive-in pizza was better than Espresso. I prefer anything but.
City guy

AOL

#50 May 20, 2010
Way too sweet for me
Yup

Leominster, MA

#51 May 20, 2010
Marie in the Burg wrote:
I thought I was the only person in Fitchburg who can't stand Espresso pizza. Way too sweet and greasy. Cardboard drive-in pizza was better than Espresso. I prefer anything but.
I agree! Waaaay too sweet!
Reality

Windham, NH

#54 May 20, 2010
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree totally! I don't even want to humor a business that considers violence and coruption decorative.
So I assume you never go to, rent, watch movies. Who decorates the mafia more than Hollywood?
Get over yourself!
Come again

Leominster, MA

#55 May 20, 2010
ridiculous wrote:
I think its absurd that this pizza place will be "mafia" themed. Since when did the mafia become cool? I think Im going to open an authentic middle eastern restaurant and it will be "al qaeda" themed.
That is a ridiculous comparison. Absolutely ridiculous.
Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#56 May 20, 2010
No Meat at Expresso wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you bought a sub at Expressos lately? If your order a turkey sub, you receive two pieces of thin turkey hidden by two tomato slices. I have never seen a more skimpier sub than expressos!
We need a good pizza joint, maybe goombas can offer that! Goomba is slang for either "the man", "my friend" or "idiot". I am not downplaying the name; I actually like the name it is fun and different!
Lately? Their subs have always been skimpy.
Just Saying

Dracut, MA

#57 May 20, 2010
I honestly love Espresso and I do not even work there. I was raised on that pizza. I eat there at least twice a week.

WOW, I never knew so many people stopped liking it. The place is busy at lunch.
Candy

Gardner, MA

#58 May 20, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
I honestly love Espresso and I do not even work there. I was raised on that pizza. I eat there at least twice a week.
Your parents should be brought up on neglect charges. Lemme guess, you ate all the led paint off the window sills in your parents apartment?

Fitchburg, MA

#59 May 20, 2010
all good wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't been there in a while - lots of interesting businesses popping up. Interesting new energies. Artists moving into the old theatre spaces as we speak. With the eyesore Antiques Row building gone, Wraps Plus replaced with Goombas, Chaibo under Destare, Mike Gallant long gone, the hope and energy are palpable.
I go through there every day and just because the scenery changes, doesn't mean the residents do. They can tear down all the buildings they want and build brand new multi million dollar ones, its still a city full of lowlife, scumbag welfare sucking deadbeat criminals.You keep hoping, like people have for years, and watch how fitchburg just gets worse.
AJP

Fitchburg, MA

#60 May 20, 2010
I tried the pie at Goombas today, very nice. I'll be back
AbsoluTruth

Quinebaug, CT

#62 May 20, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Fitchburg demographics say it wont work. That's how business decisions are made!
actually the demographics are perfect. l;ots of young pepple, and oh yeah that little thing called a college right there. wow, learn something about business please
AbsoluTruth

Quinebaug, CT

#63 May 20, 2010
Come again wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a ridiculous comparison. Absolutely ridiculous.
how is it ridiculous> they are both terrorist organizations, in fact i bet if you compared numbers the mob has killed more people
Fitch connector needed

North Reading, MA

#64 May 20, 2010
AJP wrote:
I tried the pie at Goombas today, very nice. I'll be back
I didn't know it opened yet. I'll have to check it tomoroow.
Agreed

Gardner, MA

#67 May 20, 2010
AJP wrote:
Premier subs may have good food but I'm not going back until they clean the place, the carpets are filthy. Then stop the help from hanging around the entrance smoking ciggies all day, that with the dark windows doesn't make for an appealing business.
Absoultely agree that Premier has good food....but also that the employees smoking right in front the the door is disgusting. I had to hold my breath and still left there smelling like smoke. I speak in the past tense as I haven't been back since. Hopefully they'll read this and change things up!
Marie in the Burg

Great Barrington, MA

#69 May 21, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
I never did like it. From what I have heard from different people over the years, you either love it or hate it. My husband loves it, I canít stand it. When he wants Espresso Pizza, I get a salad (which is also skimpy).
Reality

Windham, NH

#70 May 21, 2010
AbsoluTruth wrote:
<quoted text>actually the demographics are perfect. l;ots of young pepple, and oh yeah that little thing called a college right there. wow, learn something about business please
That must be why we're saturated with brew pubs and steak houses like what was requested. Best you learn a little about business yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 1 hr BIG John 28
News Lard comes out of the recipes as restaurants ob... (Jan '10) 22 hr Patricia2001 20
News Thai Thai Villa replaces Sri Thai in Huntington Tue pad thai fan 1
News Sam's Diner opens in Annville Apr 16 Bob 1
News New look for Max's Famous Hot Dogs in Long Branch Apr 11 jeepman 1
News Texas burger joint, "Fat Ho", draws big crowds (Apr '11) Apr 7 Joan 28
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Apr 3 WorkAvoider 17