Crimson American Grill opens at forme...

Crimson American Grill opens at former Chapps at the Hill site

There are 97 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Apr 28, 2010, titled Crimson American Grill opens at former Chapps at the Hill site. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Crimson American Grill, formerly known as Chapps at the Hill, opened Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
drew pfafflin

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2010
who knew?
another low class greek joint...
if ya need someone who can mix a real martini, gimme a call.
misty da ho

York, PA

#2 Apr 28, 2010
I went there last night and had a very nice experience. The place is very modern, has a smoking patio, the food looked great and generous, and really makes all the other places in York look boring in comparison. Also, my friend who works there said the menu prices are under $20 so it keeps it in the affordable price range. Not typical York county and I am certain they will do well!
thirsty

York, PA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
where to get a good martini??????
Dylan

York, PA

#4 Apr 28, 2010
misty da ho wrote:
I went there last night and had a very nice experience. The place is very modern, has a smoking patio, the food looked great and generous, and really makes all the other places in York look boring in comparison. Also, my friend who works there said the menu prices are under $20 so it keeps it in the affordable price range. Not typical York county and I am certain they will do well!
It does look very nice from the outside! Chapps at the Hill equals suitable for old people but no one else (just like everything else in York!). This place - not so much! It actually looks like a great place to go for younger people or families.
Man in Black

Lemoyne, PA

#5 Apr 28, 2010
good luck george!
BlackCloud

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2010
drew pfafflin wrote:
who knew?
I guess you are pissed cause they didn't hire you. Go back to Colesseo idiot.
crackiswacked

York, PA

#7 Apr 28, 2010
drew pfafflin wrote:
who knew?
Look this loser up on facebook once. He makes smart a$$ comments all the time, I guess he doesnt realize what a joke he is and he has no credability considering he has done time and looks like a meth head.
Young professional

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2010
This place is awesome. The food is great and totally reasonable in price. My husband and I ( in our 30s) had a great experience and the menu is refreshing. Highly recommend the crimson cupcake. We can't wait to come back and sit in the outdoor patio area with our friends.
BMiller

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2010
We were invited to the preview party on Monday. The place is lovely, and the food delicious. We agree it will do well.
local farmer

York, PA

#10 Apr 28, 2010
Hey George, Don't you think it is about time you paid Glenn for the eggs you still owe him from way back when?

All your money and properties will remain, the wrongdoings will go to the grave with you. How about righting some wrongs?
Nick karandrikas

United States

#11 Apr 28, 2010
local farmer wrote:
Hey George, Don't you think it is about time you paid Glenn for the eggs you still owe him from way back when?
All your money and properties will remain, the wrongdoings will go to the grave with you. How about righting some wrongs?
Funny... Glenn stops by from time to time and he never mentioned any outstanding invoices. Try to stay positive.
misty da ho

York, PA

#12 Apr 28, 2010
The guy who posts as Drew Pfafflin is a guy who is an imposter. He obviously has too much time on his hands and is trying to ruin the real Drew's credibility. Not very nice, I actually know the real Drew and we have been trying to sort this out with YDR and nothing has been done. I guess freedom of speech can involve anything from saying racist mean things at the expense of another human being. Some people on here need to get a life. Or maybe do some volunteer work so they can realize how to appreciate their OWN life and not try and take another person down out of jealousy. I can't stand to hear this fake Drew rant about dumb stuff and he should be blocked from the site....
misty da ho

York, PA

#13 Apr 28, 2010
Oh, and I have been to Crimson twice so far. I think it is much more refreshing than Chapp's was, although Chapp's was reputable it is always nice to have a positive change in York County's dining and nightlife.
Good Luck

Springfield, VA

#14 Apr 29, 2010
York needed a nice local restaurant like this. Not the corporate imported same old food scene as the national chains.
Spend your money in your own community first where it does everyone good.
Best Wishes To American Crimson Restaurant!

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#15 Apr 29, 2010
i'll have to try it out.
is it true that some of these local resturaunt owners who keep going back to greece do so to keep from paying the same taxes as an owner from america? i'm only asking because i heard someone saying this is true but i don't know for sure. i would be surprised if it was.
Past employee

York, PA

#16 Apr 29, 2010
brother lo wrote:
i'll have to try it out.
is it true that some of these local resturaunt owners who keep going back to greece do so to keep from paying the same taxes as an owner from america? i'm only asking because i heard someone saying this is true but i don't know for sure. i would be surprised if it was.
it's not true. I worked for a Greek dinner when I was in college. They go back to Greece to visit family and friends. After all, in the family I worked for, the owners were born there and their parents stillived there.
Mark

Mount Wolf, PA

#17 Apr 29, 2010
drew pfafflin wrote:
who knew?
Yea- if I wanted the same crap I would just to go one of the Greek owned diners in the area. Not home cookin to me...
George

Marshall, VA

#18 Apr 29, 2010
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea- if I wanted the same crap I would just to go one of the Greek owned diners in the area. Not home cookin to me...
If you want home cooking then eat at home!
Gomer

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Apr 29, 2010
Hows the buffet at this place?
RealityCheck

Manassas, VA

#20 Apr 29, 2010
brother lo wrote:
i'll have to try it out.
Don't be suprised, Although not a specific practice of greeks only, often restaurant owners sell and resell businesses to others in their family at a point when tax law requires them to show a profit(pay taxes) or declare the business a hobby due to yearly stated losses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Step inside - and back in time - at new Wicker ... Nov 30 chad hatten 3 1
News Construction under way on Trevioli Italian Kitc... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News Italian eatery Trevioli grows from storage unit... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News Guy Fieri, vegetable fan? Sure, the Food Networ... Nov 9 Unwatchable 1
News Veterans Day 2016 deals to serve up free meals ... Nov 8 Roger Shatzberg 2
News A tale of the Smitty burger – and where to... (Apr '14) Nov 7 Mike 2
News Recipe Exchange: Chile Rellenos from Gay and La... (Sep '07) Nov 6 Brett J 66
More from around the web