The tops in Pizza

The tops in Pizza

There are 58 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Dec 11, 2008, titled The tops in Pizza. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Anyone who has ever leaned over a counter to watch thin crusts slide into a brick oven on wooden paddles knows how comforting a pizzeria can be.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Hippie

AOL

#44 Dec 19, 2008
El Italia's owner, Mohammed Abdallah & members his family were killed in a car crash on the Mass. Pike after El Italia closed. Mohammed had two brothers that worked with him...David and Michael.
David returned to Palestine and became a freedom fighter for his village.
And as for the murder out front of the restaurant....I was there when it happened..sitting in the parking lot, having a sausage grinder.
Huey Long

Glens Falls, NY

#45 Dec 19, 2008
I'm sorry to hear that, everything. Man, life goes fast.
the things wife

Averill Park, NY

#46 Dec 20, 2008
honestly you know there isn't really a good pizza place here in pittsfield, but if you are ever in upstate new york.. try that TALK OF THE TOWN... the best pizza ever.
be your own thing wrote:
I have lived in this town my whole life and had pizza from probally every pizza joint here. I have to say that TEDDYS, TYLER ST PIZZA HOUSE, SOUTH STREET PIZZA, HOT TOMATOES and PAPA JOES. those are the best places to go for a slice or a whole pie. I remember 20 years ago going to Teddys for pizza for lunch during school at PHS . or hanging out at the arcade and going next door to teddys for a bite to eat. memories.

Since: Mar 08

Pittsfield, MA

#47 Dec 21, 2008
It's pathetic how much pizza (lousy and good) is in Pittsfield alone. It's rather dumb. So much pizza, so much Chinese....enough already.

I have my favorites and my "must-avoids".

Since: Aug 08

Pittsfield

#48 Dec 22, 2008
Old Hippie wrote:
El Italia's owner, Mohammed Abdallah & members his family were killed in a car crash on the Mass. Pike after El Italia closed. Mohammed had two brothers that worked with him...David and Michael.
David returned to Palestine and became a freedom fighter for his village.
And as for the murder out front of the restaurant....I was there when it happened..sitting in the parking lot, having a sausage grinder.
I remember they had a couple of sons- one was my age- do you know what happened to them?
takter

Glens Falls, NY

#49 Dec 22, 2008
Legal 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember they had a couple of sons- one was my age- do you know what happened to them?
One of them is he actor that played Borat.

Since: Aug 08

Pittsfield

#50 Dec 22, 2008
Are you serious!?!
oregonreckoner

Glens Falls, NY

#51 Dec 23, 2008
takter wrote:
<quoted text>One of them is he actor that played Borat.
Really, because Michael told me if he ever made it big, he would set me up for life. LOL, He is not Boarat. And Elizabeth Banks, is not Elizabeth Banks.
bbmks3bys

Shelburne Falls, MA

#52 Feb 11, 2013
Marina's was the best ever. The family isn't in the old neighborhood anymore. I came back to find them gone - I can't find what happened to the girls, Mom - no-one. They were good people.
Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's been at least 20 years since it's been gone from Tyler St. Maybe you remember the one on Elm St. I'm not sure how long it was on Elm St. Also I thought it was his brother that opened the one on Elm St. Does anyone remember?
Bitinski

Pittsfield, MA

#53 Feb 11, 2013
We use to order pizza from Papa Joe's when I worked at GE. It was great for awhile but went down hill.I heard that they were having money problems.Nice guy who owned the place but his wife who was there had a sour puss face all time.
acheshirecat

Queensbury, NY

#54 Feb 11, 2013
bbmks3bys wrote:
Marina's was the best ever. The family isn't in the old neighborhood anymore. I came back to find them gone - I can't find what happened to the girls, Mom - no-one. They were good people.
<quoted text>
Wow! They did have a great pizza! Almost forgot about them. And always asked "Do you know about the tooth pick in the middle of the pizza." lol
Obama The Drama Queen

Amherst, MA

#55 Feb 11, 2013
We used to go down to Elizabeth's and get their version of Pompeii Pizza.
Spicy
no good pizza

Pittsfield, MA

#56 Feb 12, 2013
Zuccos used to make good pizza. Now they only put half the stuff on it and it swims in oil.
joe jack

Springfield, MA

#57 Feb 23, 2013
yuck wrote:
The new place in Allendale is kinda gross, nothing special about it at all. Hot Tomoatoes is sooooooo good, as is Manhattan Pizza and Pizza House on Tyler Street.
By the way, where is the rest of this article??
it is gross and nasty they never get the deliverys right. cold sloppy and didn I say gross
Lisa

United States

#58 Feb 24, 2013
Teddy's
crane lifer

Pittsfield, MA

#59 Feb 24, 2013
Glenns Gen. store in Hinsdale puts out a pretty good pie.Lots of toppings.
No Substitute

United States

#60 Feb 24, 2013
The answer has to be Papa John's
Empire

United States

#61 Feb 24, 2013
Are you crazy? Empire pizza is the best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruth's Chris Steak House to bring its signature... 19 hr Lol 83
News More from the Medures: French bistro in San Mar... 20 hr Dee Dee 1
News The 22 best places to eat in Penarth Sun Cheddar Cheese 1
News And the Best Chicken Parm in the Utica Area Goe... May 21 dee 3
News Eurovision host city of Stockholm hits all the ... May 17 Tammy 1
News TruNorth: Comfort Bar Food In A Crisp, Nautical... May 16 Samuels Furnace Man 5
News Boathouse Grill opens in south Fort Myers (Sep '10) May 15 Tommy naples 43
More from around the web