Paleo Dinner for parents in law
Posted in the Dining Forum
“first day on Top Pix ”
Since: Mar 15
#1 Mar 9, 2015
I want to invite my parents in law for a dinner. I know that my mother in law prefers paleo food. I never made a paleo menu bevor so i ask you for some advice. I picked up some ideas from http://onlyhealthyfood.com but i am not sure if this paleo menu is fitting good together.
I hope you can help me what would be the best to make her and my wife happy.
Ideas for Paleo Starter:
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Everyone loves this classic appetizer, but with the added creaminess of avocado, this recipe is out-of-this-world delicious. You can even opt out of using the egg yolks in this recipe if you're worried about your cholesterol. Simply omit the yolks and continue the recipe as instructed.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Ingredients:
2 Avocados, ripened6 Boiled eggs, peeled and halved1/2 tsp salt1/2 tsp pepper1 Tbsp minced garlic1/2 tsp cayenne pepper Parsley (optional)
Avocado Deviled Eggs Instructions:
1. Slice avocados in half, remove the nut and mash the flesh2. Sautee garlic until soft and mash into the avocado flesh 3. Combine all ingredients except the egg whites until completely mixed through4. Stuff egg white with the mixture and top with parsley
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Ask anyone on the paleo diet what their top favorite foods are and I can pretty much guarantee that bacon will be at the top of the list. These bacon wrapped asparagus appetizers may even have you forgetting there was even a vegetable involved.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Ingredients:
About 20 or so Asparagus stalks1 package thick cut bacon
If you find yourself with less bacon than asparagus, don't worry. The bacon's thickness allows you to cut the strips in half or even thirds without compromising flavor.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg F2. Be sure to first wash the asparagus stalks and trim the bottom two inches.3. Separate your bacon and slice it down the center if necessary.4. Wrap the bacon around the stalk i a spiral pattern from top to bottom, so each bite taken has a little bacon. 5. Place the wrapped stalks on a parchment paper covered pan and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, maybe even longer depending on how crisp you like your bacon.
Paleo Main Dish
This chili is not only a winner because it is mouth-wateringly delicious, it's also entirely made in a crock pot! Now you can set it and forget it paleo-style.
Paleo Chili Ingredients:
2 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey5 Cloves of garlic, minced1 1/2 diced onions4 Celery stalks, diced1 1/2 tomatoes diced1 Cup sliced button mushrooms1 Red bell pepper sliced1/4 Green chiles28 oz Can crushed tomatoes15 oz Can tomato sauce2 Tbsp Chili powder1 Tbsp Oregano1/2 Tbsp Basil1/2 Tbsp Cumin1/2 Tbsp Adobo sauceSalt to tastePepper to tasteCayenne to taste
Paleo Chili Instructions:
1. Grease skillet with olive oil and sautee onions and garlic over a medium low heat.2. Cook meat over the skillet until brown and add to crock pot with onions, garlic and the rest of the ingredients. 3. Stir everything together and cook on low for 7 hours.
“first day on Top Pix ”
Since: Mar 15
#2 Mar 9, 2015
Ideas for the paleo dessert:
It's really surprising how well these flour-less pancakes hold up next to the original. These light, fluffy cakes are so scrumptious, they make better desserts than breakfasts.
Banana Pancakes Ingredients:
3 Egg whites, beaten until fluffy ( the more airy your egg whites run out, the fluffier your pancakes will be)1 Banana1 Tbsp Almond butter Cinnamon (optional)Coconut Cream (Optional)
Banana Pancakes Instructions:
1. Combine egg whites, banana and almond butter and mix until thoroughly combines. You may want to use a blender or food processor for this. 2. Sprinkle cinnamon over batter according to your liking. 3. Grease skillet with coconut oil, place over medium heat4. Drop about 1/4 cup onto heated skillet and allow to cook for about 2 minutes per side.5. Top with whipped coconut cream, if you desire.
Chocolate Chocolate Cake
A rich double layer chocolate cake with creamy thick frosting that will have paleo chocolate addicts swooning? Yes please!
Chocolate Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
1/2 Cup coconut flour3/4 Cup cocoa powder2 tsp Baking soda3/4 tsp Cream of tartar1/2 tsp Salt1 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup4 Large eggs1 Cup coconut milk or almond milk1/2 Cup coconut oil2 tsp Vanilla extract1 cup Boiling water
Chocolate Chocolate Cake Instructions:
1. Set oven to 350 deg F and prepare two 9-inch round baking pans by greasing them with a coconut oil2. Sift flour the flour and cocoa powder together in a large bowl3. Using a whisk, mix in baking soda, cream of tartar and salt4. Add eggs, syrup, milk, oil and the vanilla extract to the dry mixture and blend on medium speed with a hand mixer until fully combined, scraping the sides when necessary.5. Finally, pour boiling water over batter and stir with whisk6. Carefully pour the batter into the pans and let sit for 5-10 minutes before placing in oven7. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.8. Allow cakes to cool completely before decorating
Chocolate Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
1 Cup coconut milk3/4 Cup pure maple syrup1/4 Cup cocoa powder
Chocolate Chocolate Frosting Instructions:
1.Using either a standing mixer or handheld mixer, whip coconut milk on medium high speed until it has doubled in volume and appears light and fluffy.2. Add the maple syrup and combine3. Add the cocoa powder slowly, scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary.
Paleo Snacks for the rest of the night:
These light delights are almost unrecognizable as cucumbers after they've been baked to a crisp in your oven. Just try to make them last the day, or even the hour!
Cucumber Chip Ingredients:2 Large cucumbers, sliced thin 1 tsp Vinegar of your choice1/4 tsp Salt or garlic salt
Cucumber Chip Instructions:1. Set your oven to 135 degrees 2. Dissolve salt in vinegar3. Add your sliced cucumber to the vinegar mixture and turn over several times so that each slice is saturated with the sauce4. Prepare a baking sheet covered in parchment paper 5. Lay out your cucumber slices evenly and put into the oven for 4 1/2 hours.
Kabocha Pumpkin Fries
If you're mourning the loss of sweet potato fries, then you will love this recipe. Kabocha has a subtle sweet and nutty flavor with a slightly starchy consistency which perfectly mimics the taste and texture you expect in a french fry.
Kabocha Pumpkin Fries Ingredients:
1 Large Kabocha pumpkin (Look for one with grey or yellow discoloration as these are the sweetest)Olive OilSalt
Kabocha Pumpkin Fries Instructions:
1. Set oven to 400 degrees F. 2. After washing and peeling your pumpkin, slice into 1/4 inch strips.3. Toss strips with olive oil until fully coated 4. Lay out onto a pan covered with parchment paper and salt the strips according to your liking5. Bake for 15 minutes6. Flip strips onto the other salt, salt them, and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
Add your comments below
|New spots for wings, beef and pizza coming to town||21 hr||isu||1|
|Ruth's Chris Steak House to bring its signature...||Mon||Lol||83|
|More from the Medures: French bistro in San Mar...||Mon||Dee Dee||1|
|The 22 best places to eat in Penarth||May 22||Cheddar Cheese||1|
|And the Best Chicken Parm in the Utica Area Goe...||May 21||dee||3|
|Eurovision host city of Stockholm hits all the ...||May 17||Tammy||1|
|TruNorth: Comfort Bar Food In A Crisp, Nautical...||May 16||Samuels Furnace Man||5|
Find what you want!
Search Dining Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC