Rock 'N' Roll Ribs in Coral Springs Conjures the Backyard Barbecue With Tasty Results

Feb 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Broward-Palm Beach - News

I barely even have to chew," my friend Jeffrey said, pausing for a moment from sucking sticky-sweet barbecue sauce off the business end of a baby back rib.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Rhonda

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

he Worst Rib Joint in Coral Springs‎ - ‎ - 2010-02-24
My husband and I went to this rib joint on the recommendation of a friend. He said it was ok
a little noisy but the ribs weren't bad.
We both ordered a full rack of baby back ribs, and it
came with 2 sides. So I ordered the baked potato and
cole slaw. The ribs came on this metal pizza tray. No
sour cream they were out of it according to the waitress
even though she said there was plenty of sour cream in the back but she couldn't find it so she brought me butter. Ok, I can live with that, no problem. I started to
eat 3 of my ribs and I noticed that as I was eating the first three they were getting harder and harder. They were so dried out that it didn't even break apart. I called the waitress over and told her if she could please bring them back and give me another rack that would be a little more tender. She took my whole plate with both of the sides and hadn't been touched. A few minutes later out came 1/2 a rack with nothing else on the plate. I said I had a full rack minus 3 small ribs. What happened to my potato and cole slaw? The owner, Rick Baum,(a ragged washed out slimmy looking thug who looked so dirty I thought maybe I should get out of dodge immediately because if he looked so grubby what must the food be like). He came out from the side and said that I had I had eaten the baked potato and slaw already and I only get a half of baby back ribs. He also stated that if I didn't like it we could leave. Great customer service for a new place in town, which happens to have enough rib places to fill a whole cattle car. I couldn't believe he was yelling at us because his ribs were burnt and he didn't give a damn because I dared to insult his ribs. The waitress did agree with me that the new nuked ribs from before did appear to have hard meat but the owner did not care. He started acting like a bouncer from one of those cheap heavy metal clubs that had no idea what it meant to have good customer service. He forget the credo "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT". He almost jumped on the table at this point and said you know what I don't give a crab what you think just get the "F---k" out of here. Really nice owner wouldn't you say.
I want to tell you I am such a threat to him a 57 year old woman and her husband that just wanted to have a good night out and some ribs. P.S. when you eat their ribs be prepared to have plenty of pepto bismol and a handy bathroom nearby for you will certainly not feel well after this horrific experience. Don't waste your money and if you do don't say I didn't warn you. This experience was like the horrible video's of this band's very short lived hayday. Let the buyer beware. The food is awful.
I guess this proves my point about the obnoxious owner. Can't even handle an honest review. Again buyer beware.
Jimbo

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Rhonda, I KNOW you are one of those complainers who likes to get free meals. Eats half or most of the food then complains and says it was not good or too hard so please bring me another portion for free.

I have been to this place 3 times and each item was fantastic. The ribs fall off the bone, how could you have found them hard? Service and atmosphere is fantastic. Although if you don't like music, then it might be a little to loud for your ears especially if accustomed to perry como or RAP music. I mean, did you not hear and see the instruments and music atmosphere before you sat down?

You lost all credibility when you say the owner is dirty. You mean he has long hair like your 57 year old tastes don't like? Then you say "horrible videos of the bands very short lived heyday" Do you have any idea what you are talking about? I would say not. Do yourself a favor and stay with frequenting the lower scale restaurants where you have a better chance at getting another helping of free food AFTER you have EATEN it and complained it wasn't to your liking.
Artie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

My wife and I thought we would try out the new place in town. The hostesses (looked like she was 13) said it would be about 10 minutes. There was about six empty tables then. It got worse as mutiple tables beame available and we were totally ignored by the gaggle of teenagers that seemed to be running the show. With the choice of good resturants to eat in CS and being hungry we left, never to return.
Lori from Margate

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

I've eaten at Rock 'n' Roll Ribs and had a great experience. The food was great, and they had sour cream and the service was excellent (so was the music). You must have had a bad experience.
Rhonda wrote:
he Worst Rib Joint in Coral Springs‎ - ‎ - 2010-02-24
My husband and I went to this rib joint on the recommendation of a friend. He said it was ok
a little noisy but the ribs weren't bad.
We both ordered a full rack of baby back ribs, and it
came with 2 sides. So I ordered the baked potato and
cole slaw. The ribs came on this metal pizza tray. No
sour cream they were out of it according to the waitress
even though she said there was plenty of sour cream in the back but she couldn't find it so she brought me butter. Ok, I can live with that, no problem. I started to
eat 3 of my ribs and I noticed that as I was eating the first three they were getting harder and harder. They were so dried out that it didn't even break apart. I called the waitress over and told her if she could please bring them back and give me another rack that would be a little more tender. She took my whole plate with both of the sides and hadn't been touched. A few minutes later out came 1/2 a rack with nothing else on the plate. I said I had a full rack minus 3 small ribs. What happened to my potato and cole slaw? The owner, Rick Baum,(a ragged washed out slimmy looking thug who looked so dirty I thought maybe I should get out of dodge immediately because if he looked so grubby what must the food be like). He came out from the side and said that I had I had eaten the baked potato and slaw already and I only get a half of baby back ribs. He also stated that if I didn't like it we could leave. Great customer service for a new place in town, which happens to have enough rib places to fill a whole cattle car. I couldn't believe he was yelling at us because his ribs were burnt and he didn't give a damn because I dared to insult his ribs. The waitress did agree with me that the new nuked ribs from before did appear to have hard meat but the owner did not care. He started acting like a bouncer from one of those cheap heavy metal clubs that had no idea what it meant to have good customer service. He forget the credo "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT". He almost jumped on the table at this point and said you know what I don't give a crab what you think just get the "F---k" out of here. Really nice owner wouldn't you say.
I want to tell you I am such a threat to him a 57 year old woman and her husband that just wanted to have a good night out and some ribs. P.S. when you eat their ribs be prepared to have plenty of pepto bismol and a handy bathroom nearby for you will certainly not feel well after this horrific experience. Don't waste your money and if you do don't say I didn't warn you. This experience was like the horrible video's of this band's very short lived hayday. Let the buyer beware. The food is awful.
I guess this proves my point about the obnoxious owner. Can't even handle an honest review. Again buyer beware.
Kim

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

I might want to check this out! I hope the food is as good as what I make using my new grill which I got here http://charbroilpatiogrills.com/
RibDiner

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Food was good but Iím not a connoisseur. Beans tasted nice and smoky and were piping hot. Ribs were tasty, fall of the bone, others have suggested that this is overcooking, and were smothered in sauce so that I couldn't taste the ribs themselves. Fries were good, but slightly soggy. Sadly enough, the line cook was not wearing a beard net. This is a health violation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dining Discussions

Search the Dining Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) 13 hr Deedy loves BJs 32
Mexican restaurant to open in Burnham (May '13) 16 hr haters 3
A taste of Poland comes to Israel Wed Chrobry 120
El Coyote to Open New Restaurant in Forest Hills Apr 15 Frank Frascati 1
Our Gourmet: The Colosseum is an Italian favori... Apr 15 Wlliam Brasky 1
Go for the food: Asheville, N.C. Apr 15 ApePeeD 3
Day Trips Apr 13 lucas 1
•••
•••