Hershey To Boost Candy Prices Nearly ...

Hershey To Boost Candy Prices Nearly 10 Percent

There are 37 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Hershey To Boost Candy Prices Nearly 10 Percent. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Chocolate is soon going to cost more green. The Hershey Company is raising wholesale prices by 9.7 percent, because its own costs have risen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patricia A Jublikhan PC

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Mar 31, 2011
I will join the cake eaters club.
Chocolate

Springtown, PA

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Hershey can shove it up the Hershey Highway
LOVE it ORleave itUSA

Mount Prospect, IL

#3 Mar 31, 2011
They are moving production lines to mexico and canada, eliminating US jobs, and now screwing us with increased prices. soon we will hear about their record profits.....Boycot Hershey products!
Chocolate

Springtown, PA

#4 Mar 31, 2011
Chocolate wrote:
Hershey can shove it up the Hershey Highway
I already have. I slipped once or twice and saw how small it was . Never again. Everthing is downsized . Cereal, yogurt . Made in Mexico . That really did it . Next company to fall.
UNION YES

Greensboro, NC

#5 Mar 31, 2011
Can't those Mexicans work fast enough to give the CEO'S 10 Million dollar salaries. Where is their profit going? Stick together and BOYCOTT HERSHEY. Be a true AMERICAN!
Drew

Allentown, PA

#6 Mar 31, 2011
Chocolate wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have. I slipped once or twice and saw how small it was . Never again. Everthing is downsized . Cereal, yogurt . Made in Mexico . That really did it . Next company to fall.
Everything is downsized not to make more profit. It is downsized to hide the effects of inflation and rising prices. A company is not going to stay in business to eat losses so consumers benefit at their peril. They are going to pass those costs to the consumer either through price increases, by cutting back on quality or quantity of the product, or both.
coolmcfinn

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Mar 31, 2011
if I wanted to taste wax I'd eat a candle.
James

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2011
Sure why not....everything else in life is rising but our paychecks....gotta love america !!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 31, 2011
Glad I stopped eating Hershey's (after having lived not far from Hershey, eaten their chocolate all my life, and having fond memories of touring the actual chocolate factory). They've already cheapened the chocolate by using PGPR instead of cocoa butter; less healthy and tastes bad... .
Tamie

Northampton, PA

#10 Mar 31, 2011
I have also always Eaten Hersey's Candy. Not since they moved to Mexico...BOYCOT
Reading

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 31, 2011
I bet Milton is rolling over in his grave!
mek

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Mar 31, 2011
Boycott for sure - first they steal American jobs and then they steal from your pockets. We are already paying hefty gas prices now they want to take a simple indulgence and make it unaffordable. Shame on you Hershey! I will never buy your product again. I am sure there are other chocolate brands that will be cheaper and better tasting.
Joe

Allentown, PA

#13 Mar 31, 2011
They did not STEAL American jobs...they simply moved to an area where the people aren't looking for $50 an hour plus benefits to do a job that a monkey can do.
dejavu

Allentown, PA

#14 Mar 31, 2011
LOVE it ORleave itUSA wrote:
They are moving production lines to mexico and canada, eliminating US jobs, and now screwing us with increased prices. soon we will hear about their record profits.....Boycot Hershey products!
Quote from another thread by a resident windbag:

WeElectedABunchO fIdiots said:

Anyone who thinks a "boycott" works is an idiot.
Drew

Allentown, PA

#15 Mar 31, 2011
Joe wrote:
They did not STEAL American jobs...they simply moved to an area where the people aren't looking for $50 an hour plus benefits to do a job that a monkey can do.
Exactly. Americans priced themselves out of work. I find it comical that the same people that are crying about a 10% increase in price are crying about the jobs lost. Hershey would have to increase it's cost by a lot more than 10% to sustain the amount of pay and benefits an American worker demands.
Chocolate

Springtown, PA

#16 Mar 31, 2011
mek wrote:
Boycott for sure - first they steal American jobs and then they steal from your pockets. We are already paying hefty gas prices now they want to take a simple indulgence and make it unaffordable. Shame on you Hershey! I will never buy your product again. I am sure there are other chocolate brands that will be cheaper and better tasting.
Wrong, whoever told you that chocolate was good for you must have been working for Hershey. There are others, more expensive and just as bad for you. Let them sell it in China or elswhere. It gives you peemples.
Steve H

Allentown, PA

#17 Mar 31, 2011
coolmcfinn wrote:
if I wanted to taste wax I'd eat a candle.
Totally with you on that. If you like real chocolate get the European stuff, especially the British Cadbury's etc manufactured over there. It may be a little expensive, but well worth it. Beats eating candle wax any day!
Bernadette

Boyertown, PA

#18 Mar 31, 2011
I love the people who say boycot Hershey's look how fat most Americans are i don't think that will work !
Hamburg_PA

Allentown, PA

#19 Mar 31, 2011
Guess I'll stock up enough for 2 more of a cake recipe I make exclusively with Hershey's milk chocolate bars. And then I'll put that recipe in cold storage.

They move so much production to Mexico and then expect us to pay still higher prices. I hope their greed comes back to bite them in the butt.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#20 Mar 31, 2011
James wrote:
Sure why not....everything else in life is rising but our paychecks....gotta love america !!!!
Well, there's exits to our north and our south... east and west if you're feeling ambitious. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chocolate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Chocolate Lobster Aug 15 Kid_Tomorrow 3
News Icelandic Stout packs a punch Jul '15 The Fist of Allan 4
News Chris Botti review: Chocolate box show filled w... Jul '15 LeAnn 1
News Economic Crisis Bites Into Russia's Taste for C... Jun '15 POVERTY in NAZI R... 2
News Billionaire No More: Ukraine President's Fortun... May '15 Zeppelin 1
Norwegian Chocolate Apr '15 Lynn Amanda 1
world's most expensive chocolate Mar '15 surya 1
More from around the web