• Tin Sing's plans to reopen are...

Tin Sing's plans to reopen are parked, for now

There are 16 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 15, 2007, titled Tin Sing's plans to reopen are parked, for now. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Are chop suey and chow mein making a comeback? Tin Sing, the old-fashioned restaurant that served up American-style Chinese food to generations of Gardena residents, closed down a year and a half ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

bill

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Feb 19, 2007
does anyone have their recipe for sweet and sour chicken, it was the best.
Erica

Alhambra, CA

#2 Jun 25, 2007
Anyone have their recipe for their special chow mein? I grew up on this and ate it for over 20 years. I've been craving it since it closed!!! Maybe the family will open in Torrance or maybe let the public have the recipe? I still can't believe they were denied because of a parking lot space. Gardena would have made a lot of money if they let the restaurant open up again. They lost really good business.
Jeannie J

Bothell, WA

#3 Sep 5, 2007
Tin Sings is one of the few things I missed after leaving CA several years ago. What a shame it's gone...such good food. My favorite choice was a chicken, shrimp, mushroom and noodle dish with a yummy brownish sauce. It was called something like: "chicken menu mein." Sounded like that. Can anyone tell me the actual name?

Hope it reopens someday!!!
grace

AOL

#4 Dec 8, 2007
jeannie j, the dish was called chicken mun yee mein (i still have the take-out menu) and that dish was THE BEST noodle dish ever !! to the owners : please please come back to us!! no one can do chinese food like you did!!
Chris

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jan 28, 2008
This place was the BEST... if anyone knows of a place that cooks good Chinese food like Tin Sing please post!
Gloria

AOL

#6 Jan 31, 2008
I miss Tin Sings so much PLEASE if anyone knows where the cook went or If you know of food that even comes close to as good please POST!
Chris

Honolulu, HI

#7 Nov 29, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find the same place like Tin Sing been there everysince I was a baby..and damn it its gone....I love the chicken mun yee mein and fried rice....so if anyone knows where I can still find other chinese rest. that know how to serve chicken mun yee mein that would be great.....
EJS

San Mateo, CA

#8 Jan 22, 2009
Chris wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the same place like Tin Sing been there everysince I was a baby..and damn it its gone....I love the chicken mun yee mein and fried rice....so if anyone knows where I can still find other chinese rest. that know how to serve chicken mun yee mein that would be great.....
Check out Foo Shing at Western and 182nd Street. I'm told it's a teeny
place, but they might have it on their menu. I hear they even have ham yuk!
Rosie Passi

Redondo Beach, CA

#9 Sep 4, 2010
Please, I love the egg rolls. NO egg roll like Ting Sing egg roll. Does anyone know where to find another egg roll like that or Ting Sing?
Ting Sing

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 10, 2010
Rosie Passi wrote:
Please, I love the egg rolls. NO egg roll like Ting Sing egg roll. Does anyone know where to find another egg roll like that or Ting Sing?
I went to Fu Shing last night and their egg rolls were very close to Tin Sings. I had heard a former Ting Sing cook works there. The egg rolls were yummy!!! I had the special chow mein (Cantonese style) and that was tasty too.

I need to try other dishes but I will definitely be back for the egg rolls.
bill

La Habra, CA

#11 Nov 21, 2010
I went to Fu Shing last week and found their Sweet n Sour Chicken and Fried Rice to be excellent like Ting Sing's.
AAA

Redlands, CA

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Try Tasty Kitchen behind Burnt Tortilla off Artesia....Tried Fu Shing and Hong Kong Gardens...
bill

La Habra, CA

#13 Sep 24, 2011
Fu Shing has closed, anyone know where it went.
espinoza8143

Redondo Beach, CA

#14 Feb 2, 2015
Chris wrote:
This place was the BEST... if anyone knows of a place that cooks good Chinese food like Tin Sing please post!
As a consultant, I've traveled to many, many places and eaten Chinese food everywhere Ive been but not one of them has EVER come close to the fare that was served at Tin Sing. I had gone there since 1969.
The closest restaurant that came the closest to Tin Sing was a restaurant I frequented in Zaragoza, Spain when I had an engagement there. Other than that, I was really disappointed that this great restaurant was not kept open. Alas, as my mother-in-law said, "What are we gonna do??!!"
espinoza8143

Redondo Beach, CA

#15 Feb 2, 2015
Erica wrote:
Anyone have their recipe for their special chow mein? I grew up on this and ate it for over 20 years. I've been craving it since it closed!!! Maybe the family will open in Torrance or maybe let the public have the recipe? I still can't believe they were denied because of a parking lot space. Gardena would have made a lot of money if they let the restaurant open up again. They lost really good business.
Tin Sing Special Chow Mein....this is the only dish my son ever ate there...and he ate every bit and wouldn't share. My favorite? Chicken Kai Kew.

What a pity there're gone.
Alberto

Carson, CA

#16 Feb 2, 2015
Cream of sum yung guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chinese Cuisine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newcomer Auntie Guan's Brings Cutting-Edge Nort... Apr '16 Hasaun A Lee 1
Fish and Chips with sugar? (Jun '15) Feb '16 Atis 2
News Chinese restaurants: We don't serve dog meatJul... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Short Game Troll 6
News Review: Giant Panda Chinese Restaurant in Fargo... (Jul '09) Sep '15 Doc Occ 7
Chinese Food Gives The Sh!ts (Jul '15) Jul '15 Real Neegga 1
Chopstick revolution in China! (May '15) May '15 Joe bowdler 1
How can I reheat Chinese take-out... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cold black coffee 1
More from around the web