Restaurant Review: The City Cellar and Loft

Jul 30, 2011 Full story: Patch.com 30

The City Cellar and Loft is a dining and music venue in Cartersville and if you haven't been there yet, it's time to check it out! Expect a dark, moody atmosphere that feels equal parts casual and classy.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cartersvilleresi dent

Cartersville, GA

#21 Feb 29, 2012
Former_Bouncer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Bob pays the DJ(not much from what I understand) and keeps the rest of the cover.
Their was a DJ during the first few months of business and the owner and DJ agreed to a particular price. Since that time the bands WERE paid with the cover and the owner does NOT keep any of the money. There is now pool tables which people really seem to be enjoying and no cover.
photodude

Rome, GA

#22 Apr 18, 2012
well now lets see... The owner is a drunken arrogant fool... the best bar tender dennis left because of the owners ass like attitude, and he was the best...the female bartender is a joke , and not a funny one, Food is some of the worst I have ever eaten... The waitresses are rude and friendly only to those they know, When the original chef was there the food was good...but the owner screwed him, his first female partner and everyone else.... The man is a total FOOL...Never go there again...but hey the owner will piss off the wrong person soon and then the place will be closed... IT is for sale I hear... worth about what the current owner paid for it.... and that would be NOTHING...
Feet in mouths

Cartersville, GA

#23 Jan 30, 2014
So, just saw the thread, thinking about going, and it is now 2014.... These comments are from 2012....looks to me like someone is doing something right.
Chris T

Rome, GA

#24 Jan 30, 2014
Feet in mouths wrote:
So, just saw the thread, thinking about going, and it is now 2014.... These comments are from 2012....looks to me like someone is doing something right.
I thought it closed.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#25 Jan 31, 2014
My wife and I had dinner there 2 weeks ago. We have enjoyed it the dozen or so times we've been. The fish and chips I had was good and my wife loved the Cajun shrimp Florentine. The waiter was just attentive enough without being annoying. Around 8pm 2 guys began playing some jazz quietly enough that my wife and I cold still talk normally.

Want meals that come in frozen and are microwaved in a kitchen by kids reading from a list of instructions? Cartersviille has plenty of them.

We're happy giving the owner of City Cellar our money instead.

PS The Trackside Grill in Kennsaw is well worth the short drive for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch.
jo jo whites

Duluth, GA

#26 Jan 31, 2014
Scrumpley I seed u in dere. I remembers dat de food was so bad dere dat the guy walked in front of de train. Maybe you will 2 if youse eat dere enuf.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27 Jan 31, 2014
We ate at City Cellar for the first time last week. The food was excellent and the staff were very pleasant. Their entrees are not what you'll find at every other restaurant. We had the Shrimp and Grits and Cajun Shrimp Florentine and we would happily order them again. Both the French Onion soup and the Baked Potato soup were also very good. Good luck to them, we'll be back.
Mark1978

Alpharetta, GA

#28 Jan 31, 2014
as one of the MANY disgruntled former employees..first let me say the owner is an alcoholic douchebag. It's a thousand wonders that he has not been arrested for DUI on his 3 block trek home after closing. then again let me say..the FOOD IS EXCELLENT!.. now from someone like me who dislikes bob immensely..that is a testament to how great the food is..the restaurant is clean, the service is good and he has some inventive items on his menu..so u should be able to tell this is a fair review..let me sum it up...OWNER ..BAD.. FOOD GREAT!!
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#29 Feb 1, 2014
Tell it to jo jo, the sad clown.

(You may have to write more than once though. He's got about a dozen other personalities screaming at him inside his head.)
jo jo whites

Rome, GA

#30 Feb 1, 2014
Mmmm Scrumpley... Do me big buoy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old-fashioned fare: Aunt B's offers soul food, ... Thu uh oh 2
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) Feb 25 Squach 921
News Nazelie's is the place for Lebanese comfort foo... (Sep '10) Feb '15 Josephadan 12
News Standards aim to cut down on salmonella in poultry Jan '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Government proposes standards to reduce salmone... Jan '15 singer 1
News For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... Dec '14 Deano 10
News The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Dec '14 medioguarddia 135
More from around the web