U.S. pushes cheese it says is bad for us

A Domino's Pizza employee makes the Wisconsin six-cheese pizza. DispatchPolitics Domino's Pizza was hurting last year. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cheesehead

Pickerington, OH

#1 Nov 7, 2010
This is exactly why we need less government
Hungry

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 7, 2010
How about everyone be responsible for them self, and use a little moderation. A pizzia or cheeseburger once in a while certainly isn't going to hurt anybody. Eating 3 a day every day is!
The end is near

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 7, 2010
Yes kiddies, we should always believe the government.
TMC

Hilliard, OH

#4 Nov 7, 2010
cheesehead wrote:
This is exactly why we need less government
Cheesehead you are correct. Department of this, Department of that, Government Lawyers. All supported by tax payer dollars. The government is involved in sugar, tobacco, and peanuts.

Where would we be without them?
Dave

Dublin, OH

#5 Nov 7, 2010
Why doesnt the governement use us, the unemployed for those tests. We get paid , wont be any more unemployement . I surely can eat three pizzas a day
Banned

Delaware, OH

#6 Nov 7, 2010
I love cheese.
What is it

Watseka, IL

#7 Nov 7, 2010
You should of seen the cheese on my Rally hamburger..it was moving, man. Like my old

lady's mouth....and just as bad.
Holy Cow

Watseka, IL

#8 Nov 7, 2010
Who cut the cheese?!

Open a window...light a match...dang...that smells worse than the counter at a White Castle

at 2am.
moronh8r

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 7, 2010
Ah, the American media. Villify a federally created and funded department for doing its job effectively. The same outcome if it were wasting taxpayers money by not producing anything for the investment. When are people going to learn that it is not the governments responsibility to restrict what goes into your body? Heres an idea, learn to moderate that steam shovel that doctors call your arm from over-stuffing your pie-holes and we won't need this mindless drivel from the New York Mayor to tell us we can't eat cheese or salt.
Columbusite

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2010
Yes, we definitely needed to spend $150 million taxpayer dollars to tell the people how much cheese they should eat. No freakin' wonder we're in so much debt.
the truth

Mount Ida, AR

#11 Nov 7, 2010
Obama has his moch ell my bell with the big back side attacking food we love yet she is eating it all up.
Upset

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 7, 2010
I eat what I have, the h with the goverment..
fifty

Waverly, OH

#13 Nov 7, 2010
moronh8r wrote:
Ah, the American media. Villify a federally created and funded department for doing its job effectively. The same outcome if it were wasting taxpayers money by not producing anything for the investment. When are people going to learn that it is not the governments responsibility to restrict what goes into your body? Heres an idea, learn to moderate that steam shovel that doctors call your arm from over-stuffing your pie-holes and we won't need this mindless drivel from the New York Mayor to tell us we can't eat cheese or salt.
Oh come on now-that's too much common sense. Then what would the truth from Newark have to rant and rave his usual dribble about?
Dan

Piqua, OH

#14 Nov 7, 2010
Fat isn't so much the problem. Look at the trends over the last 30+ years. Fat has decreased from our diets and obesity has increased. I'd be way more concerned with high fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners that they are putting into everything because of corn subsidies. That's what's killing America. Just look at the rest of the world, now that they have adopted Western diets. It's killing them too.

Since: Dec 09

Columbus

#15 Nov 7, 2010
Eat the cheese - No don't eat the cheese

This is not the first or only time the government has spent time and money on both sides of an issue. The left hand doesn't or care what the right hand is doing or how much money is wasted contradicting each other.

Too much out of control government with no coordination and no economic incentive.
seamus

Naples, FL

#16 Nov 7, 2010
This isn't quite as stupid as the City of San Franciso ordering McDonald's not to include toys with Happy Meals, but it's not the government's function in either case, nor can policy of this sort be logically advanced by taxpayers. Take the Domino's example. Why should the shareholders of Pizza Hut or Papa John's take up the cause of their competitor through their tax dollars ? It's incredible that government has gone so far off it's intended path.
Wow

Reynoldsburg, OH

#17 Nov 7, 2010
Our tax dollars at work to force unhealthy products on us! Our tax dollars shelled out $12 million dollars to help make an already obese society even fatter! Worst part is that Bush and Obama supported it. We need to take back control of our government!
Sing a Long

Watseka, IL

#18 Nov 7, 2010
"Cheese...cheese...cheese ....cheese...eating Domino

cheese....ummmmmmm how delicious...eating Domino

cheese."

Sung to the tune of Gober Peas from the Civil War.

Pass the Pepto & Charmin...I think I'll be here a couple of days..also..get me something to read. Thanks.

Letting it Loose in St. Louis
Synonimous

Columbus, OH

#19 Nov 7, 2010
Screw Michelle Obama! I don't need she or her husband to tell me what to eat,when to s---,what light bulb I can use or the setting on my thermostat!(65 degrees in summer and a toasty 74 all day in the winter).
trollh8r

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Nov 7, 2010
moronh8r wrote:
Ah, people who believe that if you don't act the way we think you should, then it's your fault that the government takes over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bread & Butter: Cool idea for Novato: ice cream... (Mar '13) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 6
Gerry Frank's picks: Bandon's cheesemaking trad... Oct '14 tacyandersen 1
Creature comforts for Thunder Bay ag community Oct '14 Medewiwin 1
Home Made Cheese Bangkok Thailand (May '09) Aug '14 Angel 14
Sandwiches in memory of parents, brother Aug '14 vishal 1
Lee County deputy, entrepreneur's beer cheese s... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Ross 2
Post a Comment (Oct '09) May '14 Replica borse 63
More from around the web