Dog's birthday party to be held at Neiman Marcus

May 13, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 75
Patricia Wayman solicits a kiss from 10-year-old Tiger Lily after the dog had her coat trimmed. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Alex

Chicago, IL

#2 May 13, 2009
Whatever floats her boat. I can die now, I've seen and heard it all.
Jeff

United States

#3 May 13, 2009
Lovely gesture for those who know this woman and her pampered pooch. I hope it's a success!
Ben

Zephyrhills, FL

#4 May 13, 2009
I thought chocolate killed dogs?
GeneTierney

Fremont, CA

#5 May 13, 2009
I love Chenille my poodle and Neiman Marcus, too. But $1,200 for a birthday party?
GO ILLINI

Oak Park, IL

#6 May 13, 2009
Don't feed chocolate to a dog.
Ula-la

Des Plaines, IL

#7 May 13, 2009
OH My Goodness....if she wanted to do some good, donate that $1200 to a dog resue group.
rsa

United States

#8 May 13, 2009
What a sad, sorry lady. I understand the concept of dog as companion and friend, but this lady carries it to pathetic extremes. Spending money on shopping sprees (high end shopping sprees, it sounds)and wasting money on a dog's birthday are truly the realm of the lonely person with nothing else going on in their life.
Boo ya

Schaumburg, IL

#9 May 13, 2009
ckoooo ckoooo
Aretha

Orland Park, IL

#10 May 13, 2009
Why wasn't BO, the new White House dog invited?
Dare we say racism?
Jack

United States

#11 May 13, 2009
Tiger Lily sure has a "sick puppy" for a parent. I love my dog to death but would never spend that amount of money on a party! I'f I had that money to blow, I'd donate it in the dog's honor to a no-kill shelter.
GeneTierney

Fremont, CA

#12 May 13, 2009
My poodle Chenille growled whenever I attempted to put clothing on her. So much for being a frou-frou dog!
O-kay

Worth, IL

#13 May 13, 2009
I love my dog to bits but he's a dog and he wouldn't know the difference between Neiman Marcus and his usual bed from CostCo
More questions

Streamwood, IL

#14 May 13, 2009
dont be jealous people. yeah- she is a little extreme to have a party for her dog but maybe she doesnt have any kids. it seems she doesnt have much family left at all. this is probably her everything.
you see in LA all the stars take their dogs everywhere with them into the stores. why can't she? if the store allows it- why not.
this money she is "spending' is helping the world go around. it's not like she is burning it up.

and for all of you who ate at chili's or lou malnati's or even mcdonalds yesterday- why didnt you just eat a p&b&j sandwich and a banana with a cup of water? you could have donated that $15-$20 that you spent on your meal to the homeless shelter or a food bank. yeah- there!
corntrader19

Garland, TX

#15 May 13, 2009
Chocolate is toxic to dogs. If they eat too much of it, it will kill them.
Tom

Mt Zion, IL

#16 May 14, 2009
This woman is a certified nut!! Hey, I'm a dog owner and I think a party is nice (a bit whacked, but nice). But Neiman Marcus, a Louis Vuitton collar, that's just plain stupid. With all the pain and suffering going on in this area, donating half the money to a charity, to someone that doesn't have a meal, would be more honorable. This woman makes me sick!
Love it

Naperville, IL

#17 May 14, 2009
Some people need booze, some people need pills...this lady needs her beloved pup to get through life. And what is wrong with that? If I had $1200 to spare, I'd give my dog a birthday party, too.
Those of you that just dont get it, that's okay, maybe you'll find it some other way--just dont look for that love in all the wrong places.
Fear The Gopher

Buffalo Grove, IL

#18 May 14, 2009
Some people have way too much money.
Pooch

United States

#19 May 14, 2009
My dog can read a calendar and she pouted all day when I didn't have a birthday party for her! Actually, having human friends in for a celebration is good human therapy. Enjoy the party!
Bob in Chicago

Hillside, IL

#20 May 14, 2009
This woman is an I D I O T and should have an adult gaurdian assigned by the court!!!

This story just shows how stupid people can be !!!!

It doesn't even qualify as a feel good story...say where someone goes to a shelter and adopts a special needs dog saving it from being put to sleep.

This story is just plain stupid and disgusting!!!
zoe moore

Skokie, IL

#21 May 14, 2009
"Psychiatric prescription" notwithstanding, this is NOT a service dog unless it is specifically trained and certified as such. Does this dog have the proper certification?

Or is this woman just another scamming pet owner who thinks she should get to bring her darling everywhere she goes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is pumpkin the new bacon? Sun vib_ram 2
News Prudence Hilburn: Test-kitchen products become ... Apr 16 many get sick too 1
News Food for Thought: Fruit-filled summer celebrations Apr 15 MagaliD 1
News Officials say anti-gay cake refusal did not vio... Apr 13 Jonah1 120
News Southern cooking diva Deen trims down (Jul '13) Apr 13 Vib_Ram 4
News Lehigh Valley Scene: ASD goes back to the futur... Apr 6 Ahab 1
News State says bakery did not violate rights of man... Apr 4 The Old Switcheroo 1
More from around the web