Barboursville Fest Kicks off with Parade

Barboursville Fest Kicks off with Parade

There are 13 comments on the Huntington News story from Sep 14, 2012, titled Barboursville Fest Kicks off with Parade. In it, Huntington News reports that:

Barboursville's annual fall festival started Thursday night with a parade with a wild , wild west theme.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Huntington News.

little help please

Ardsley, NY

#1 Sep 14, 2012
It was amazing loved it and so
Did my family
Omg

Ardsley, NY

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Yeah well my family won't be back!! We registered to be in it with a horse an buggy for autism awareness an we get there an a guy tells us we can unload it. So we lost 60$ in candy an the guy had the nerve to look my daughter who has autism an was all dressed at as well as my little niece who are 2 an 3 years old in the eye an say sorry about your luck!! So for that we will never go back an we have went for the past 8 years!!
pp

Ardsley, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Omg wrote:
Yeah well my family won't be back!! We registered to be in it with a horse an buggy for autism awareness an we get there an a guy tells us we can unload it. So we lost 60$ in candy an the guy had the nerve to look my daughter who has autism an was all dressed at as well as my little niece who are 2 an 3 years old in the eye an say sorry about your luck!! So for that we will never go back an we have went for the past 8 years!!
Tell us more please. That's awful call the news
lol

Ardsley, NY

#4 Sep 14, 2012
To the lady who was driving one of the queens around. I believe in A green bug.. Anyways. Slow down next time you have little kids running to get candy. You almost hit a poor child infront of the bank and then looked around and started looking all ugly and hateful flappin your jaw about the kid running out to grab candy.. Guess what? This was for the kids not your ugly face to fly thru like your shit doesn't stink with your stuck up kid thinkin she's all that cause you got a $10 tacky crown.

So many people running for office ran thru with big fake smiles lmfao. Next!!
i seen

Ardsley, NY

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Yeah that's the Cabell co fair queen that her driver almost took a poor kid out. Slow down!
Omg

Ardsley, NY

#6 Sep 15, 2012
pp wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us more please. That's awful call the news
I really have thought about it. We even offered to b the very last ones to go through the parade just so the two girls could ride. My husband even explained that our daughter wouldn't understand why we couldn't be in it. He then even showed him the paper were we had registered an they guy didn't seem to care even with two little girls standing there with tears!! An it seemed like the situation got worse after we said something about autism. Very sad when u can do this!
say it aint so

Milton, WV

#8 Sep 15, 2012
Omg wrote:
<quoted text>I really have thought about it. We even offered to b the very last ones to go through the parade just so the two girls could ride. My husband even explained that our daughter wouldn't understand why we couldn't be in it. He then even showed him the paper were we had registered an they guy didn't seem to care even with two little girls standing there with tears!! An it seemed like the situation got worse after we said something about autism. Very sad when u can do this!
Call the herald dispatch and wsaz and wowk and tell your story and then let them explain why they could do this to the sweet children of God! Barboursville is a disgrace to do a child(ren) this way!
Omg

Springfield, NJ

#9 Sep 16, 2012
Yes I agree, an I have tried to contact them an I can't get anyone to return my calls or emails. But regardless if we were doin this parade for any cause at all I didn't see the big real about the one small minature horse. An the theme was western! Really I did not understand any of it!!!
the GRINCH

United States

#10 Sep 16, 2012
Glad the circus freaks are gone and the shindig is over and road is finally open. Stupid stuff anyway. It's the kids? Well $17-$20 for an armband is ludicrous. How much for a cavalier weenie on a bun? Ridiculous. Spare us please. No more fall fests. Leave me alone.
Grinchette

Milton, WV

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Have to say I agree with the GRINCH!!
Omg

Springfield, NJ

#12 Sep 17, 2012
Yes totally agree!! I don't think it's so much about the kids anymore at all!!!!!
county

United States

#13 Sep 17, 2012
no its not about the kids..Its about politics..boring..and 20 for an armband lol..thats just ridiculous..theres nothing even there but 5 adult rides and some $6 lemonades..what a ripoff!! The parade was the worst ive ever seen. I stood there for 2 hrs to see a firetruck full of idiot rednecks..
public girl

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2012
The location needs to be changed to!!! horrible location for a parade!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breakfast Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Dec 9 BPT 59
News Top Yelp-reviewed spots for cheap eats in Great... Dec 7 BPT 6
News Billy's Downtown Diner in Allentown to begin di... (May '16) Dec 2 Walk Near Cliff 4
News 4 Seasons for Down Home Treasures (Oct '10) Nov 20 Just saying 18
News Breakfast at Tiffany's comes to life at New Yor... Nov '17 Phyllis Schlafly ... 2
News You'll soon be able to eat breakfast at Tiffany... Nov '17 Emerald 3
News Start your day off right at Stone Edge Estate (Apr '15) Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 2
More from around the web