Sharp rise in need for food has agenc...

Sharp rise in need for food has agencies seeking donations

There are 4 comments on the TriCities.com story from Nov 20, 2011, titled Sharp rise in need for food has agencies seeking donations. In it, TriCities.com reports that:

Debra McCown/Bristol Herald Courier - People wait to receive food on Tuesday evening for food at the Stone Soup Food Pantry at Ecumenical Faith in Action in Abingdon, Va.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.com.

R-F GLADE

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 30, 2011
YES I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS TOO!! YOU SEE ALL THIS FOOD SHORTAGE IS DUE TO PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T NEED IT GOES AND GETS SO MUCH THEY STOCK IT UNDER BEDS IN CAMPERS IN BASEMENTS AND GOD ONLY KNOWS WHERE ELSE, YES I MUST NOT FORGET THEIR'S ORGANIZATIONS IN SALTVILLE THAT ARE EVEN GETTING IT AND RE-SELLING IT AT THEIR LITTLE SO CALLED NON PROFFIT EVENTS. YES I'M SORRY I'M NOT FULL OF IT,JUST ASK AROUND!. IF THESE PEOPLE WERE EVER INVESTIGATED IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST GOVERNMENT FOOD BANK FRAUD CASES IN HISTORY. THEY NEED THEIR ASSES BUSTED BECAUSE THIS IS AS DAMNED LOW AS YOU CAN GO. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT NEED THIS FOOD AND ARE GOING WITHOUT BECAUSE YOU LOW LIFE ASSHOLES ARE OUT THERE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE PROGRAMS. I HOPE THEY INVESTIGATE THIS SHIT AND TAKE YOUR ASS TO COURT AND HAVE YOU PAY THE MAXIMUM PENALTY. SOME PEOPLE NOT ALL PEOPLE JUST WON'T DONATE FOOD BECAUSE THIS IS TAKING PLACE.
whatha

Hermitage, TN

#2 Dec 3, 2011
R-F GLADE wrote:
YES I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS TOO!! YOU SEE ALL THIS FOOD SHORTAGE IS DUE TO PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T NEED IT GOES AND GETS SO MUCH THEY STOCK IT UNDER BEDS IN CAMPERS IN BASEMENTS AND GOD ONLY KNOWS WHERE ELSE, YES I MUST NOT FORGET THEIR'S ORGANIZATIONS IN SALTVILLE THAT ARE EVEN GETTING IT AND RE-SELLING IT AT THEIR LITTLE SO CALLED NON PROFFIT EVENTS. YES I'M SORRY I'M NOT FULL OF IT,JUST ASK AROUND!. IF THESE PEOPLE WERE EVER INVESTIGATED IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST GOVERNMENT FOOD BANK FRAUD CASES IN HISTORY. THEY NEED THEIR ASSES BUSTED BECAUSE THIS IS AS DAMNED LOW AS YOU CAN GO. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT NEED THIS FOOD AND ARE GOING WITHOUT BECAUSE YOU LOW LIFE ASSHOLES ARE OUT THERE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE PROGRAMS. I HOPE THEY INVESTIGATE THIS SHIT AND TAKE YOUR ASS TO COURT AND HAVE YOU PAY THE MAXIMUM PENALTY. SOME PEOPLE NOT ALL PEOPLE JUST WON'T DONATE FOOD BECAUSE THIS IS TAKING PLACE.
It's a sad situation. There are people who could use the surplus of this food, and they work for a living, I know a widow woman who is always broke by the end of the month, who lives on a little check, doesn't get but a ten or twelve dollar food stamp card, and she is always out of groceries. by the time she pays the rent, the electric and buys what she can, she is broke. It's wrong for these people who are supposed to help the needy to steal this food, that's all you can call it.
bluebelle

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 3, 2011
i know this for a fact myself.visited a home where someone works at the saltville food bank and one room in the house was loaded down with boxes of produce.way to much for any one family to use up b4 it would go bad.not sure if they work there anymore but it does happen and its not right to take away from people who really could use the food..just sayin someone needs to see this dont happen.
whatha

Springfield, TN

#4 Jan 7, 2012
I know for a fact these people mishandle the food bank..not only do they hoard it among themselves and their friends, they even take the meats to the dump(from their coolers near the food city parking lot...their friends from the churches helped to haul it off.

They have been warned that the companies who donate this food surplus, can't sell it because it's outdated, however, to donate it to this organization, they can write it off on their tax. As they mishandle this distribution of food, even resale at a flea market, they are under the Federal Law and are considered embezzlers or extortionists. They can be charged AND prosecuted. If they can charge people who go to two different food banks, they are not above the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bread Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Makers of Brownberry Bread Restore a Classic (Jun '07) Nov 20 Sharon Carroll 49
News Start your day off right at Stone Edge Estate (Apr '15) Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 2
News Arnold Takes Their Passion for Bread a Deliciou... (Apr '07) Oct '17 Dewey 214
News Poor In Miami: Hoping To Ride Out Irma On Bread... Sep '17 Manbearpig 4
News Here are the Top 5 best-rated coffee shops in C... Sep '17 Duke for Mayor 54
News Little Italy Festival attractions include immig... Sep '17 Wophop 1
News Theodore Decker: Goose culling could bring abou... Aug '17 shadow_hunter 6
More from around the web