Women who cut out red meat 'twice as likely to suffer from depression or anxiety'

Mar 21, 2012 Full story: Daily Mail

Tuck in: Women should eat the recommended amount of red meat to avoid mental health problems, researchers say Women who cut red meat out of their diet are more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety, according to a study.

Read more
newlyVEGAN

Yorktown, VA

#1 Mar 22, 2012
My entire family, 4 boys hubby and me have all recently taken the path of whole foods , plant based diet. Anxiety? depression? are you serious? I have never felt better both physically and mentally in my life! I loved meat, but my health was faltering. Since halting the meat and dairy intake 1 month ago, I am more active, find myself laughing and smiling more, just plain happier than before. Did I mention I've lost 20lbs? Perhaps it's because my entire body isn't being plagued with the horrible side effects meat has on your body? Either way, I would like to see who the women are that were chosen..and if this study was 'funded' by a company in connection with meat distribution companies.
Godsent

New York, NY

#2 Mar 22, 2012
Meat is good for your health. It's abusing meat that's bad for you. Like medicine, if taken too much and too often it can be harmful. Going vegan does NOT prolong your life or make you healthier in the long run. What you are feeling now are the results of not abusing your body by giving it too much meat. What you should do not is gradually phase back in the meat. Eat meat only once 4 days out of the week and red meat only once out of the 4. You will still feel great and there will be no "down side" to your diet.
Godsent

New York, NY

#3 Mar 22, 2012
correction: What you should do NOW is gradually phase back in the meat.
Godsent

New York, NY

#4 Mar 22, 2012
Eat only 4oz of meat when you do eat it and eat meat only 4days out of a week. You will still feel great, loose weight and won't be deprived. There are plenty of overweight vegans. It's not the lean meat that's making people fat, it's the abuse of grains in the form of breads (including pasta), corn products and also processed sugar. If you practice portion control, you can eat meat and still feel great. The key is to never get Full. Stop at not hungry aka satisfied and there should always be more veggies on your plate than anything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beef Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colombian Grass Fed Cows?? Feb '15 Yanno 1
News 17-year-old UP boys accused of impaling cattle (Jul '11) Feb '15 another Yooper 5
Why is fresh ground beef sometimes brown in the... (Aug '06) Feb '15 storms15rgreat 62
News A call for transparency in the kashrut industry Feb '15 Natali Portman 3
News Massachusetts firm recalls ground beef for poss... Jan '15 lavon affair 1
News New diet guidelines might pull back from meat Jan '15 Chicopee 4
News Dick Stevens Has Gone Nuts With New Product (May '10) Dec '14 JeffEckert 148
More from around the web