St. Louis Fast Food Workers Walk Off the Job

Jul 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: River Front Times

St. Louis fast food workers are walking off the job Monday, July 29 in a 24-hour strike to protest low wages.

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Aug 2, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
glenn

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

The fast food Res didnt call you and ask if you would please come to work for them you knew the wage going in all this give me shit quit and set at home Obama will pay out of hard working tax payers STOP ALL THE FREE SHIT WORK FOR IT
Cheese Johnny

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Raising the wage to $15.00 per hour would be very good for a handful of workers and would mean pink slips for the rest. If I have to pay workers $15 per hour, I'm going to hitch my wagon to my best horses only. Work them long and hard and let the dead weight go.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
Wow. should take all of 45 minutes to train new people to do those jobs...
this is what determines level of pay.
fast food jobs are not meant to be living wage jobs.
If your employees only have 45 min of food safety training, then i think you will have a lot more to worry about than hiring/training staff.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Salt, sugar, and food coloring have no political party. Just don't expect the 'food', to do a body good.
fatbacks x

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Geez folks! Back off cuz new cell phones,face beads,dope,and tatoos are expensive, not to mention the acne treatments. But they do save on the dental care costs.
actually

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

The people up front and at the drive-thru would be replaced by automated touchscreens and payment systems like you see at Schnucks. They'd screw themselves out of an easy job.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
If your employees only have 45 min of food safety training, then i think you will have a lot more to worry about than hiring/training staff.
Don't most people learn that by age 8 or 9?
who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
if you think 16yr olds in fast food get more than a single copied page and 15 minutes on hygene and food handling you are sadly deluded.
Gettemeiers

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

That's pretty serious.
Inspector confirmed case of shiga toxin producing E. Coli in waitress during late June from a St. Louis County Department of Health report.
http://florissant.patch.com/groups/business-n...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Our neighbor's teen age son works at a fast food joint, and he thinks it is funny the Government wants people to pay someone $15. an hour to do tha work, since you can train a monkey to do it in an hour. And it will only take that long if the monkey doesn't understand English/.
ICP2013

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

I will chime in on this topic every black employee should get a raise right on out of there job and be replaced with hard working white people,no one wants to go into any of these fast food places and be waited on by these ebonic talking pants on the ground booty handed unsanitary mambo lip c00ns.Now that's the facts.7734/2013 (;-()-

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Our neighbor's teen age son works at a fast food joint, and he thinks it is funny the Government wants people to pay someone $15. an hour to do tha work, since you can train a monkey to do it in an hour. And it will only take that long if the monkey doesn't understand English/.
see, we can all tell this is a bullshit story, as the gov't has nothing to do with this...

you are even too stupid to lie properly.

you are too stupid to have one of those minimum wage jobs, this is why you are on the public dole.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

If they get $15 an hour you know those $2.00 burgers will sky rocket to $8.00 a burger and that fountain soda you get will be $3.00 for a small and NOR refillable.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

i hope those pimple faced kids aren't peeing in the pickles or deep frying any mice. you do know this goes on in these places, don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 18 min suri clay 7,895
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr lgbt is silly 37
Lukin's Brick Oven Pizza & Lounge to Open on Va... (Oct '12) 3 hr Angie 30
Pasta salad with chickpeas (recipe) 7 hr Firefoxx 1
Fast food ambitions in China hurt by safety scares 8 hr New China 1
Former Farm Manager wants criminal probe 9 hr marlee 2
Latest fried-chicken spot touts private recipe,... 22 hr Big Johnson 1
•••
•••