Diet or die: lifestyle changes could hit cancer

Mar 18, 2012 | Posted by: Palawa | Full story: www.theage.com.au

A QUARTER of cancers could be prevented by 2025 through diet and exercise alone, saving hundreds of millions of dollars in the cost of treatment, the Medical Journal of Australia has found.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

Yeah diet and lifestyle decreases cancer probability but I think genetics is more determinative.

Take Steve Jobs. Watched his diet. Zen meditation. Exercise. BAM pancreatic Cancer. 54 years old.

Linda McCartney. Vegetarian. Non Smoker. BAM Breast Cancer 40's.

Look at Keith Richards. Have you ever seen that guy without a cig. Drinks like a fish and tried every drug imaginable. He must close to 70 now.

Eliminating Cancer is not just diet and exercise.
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

Mr Humbert wrote:
Yeah diet and lifestyle decreases cancer probability but I think genetics is more determinative.
Take Steve Jobs. Watched his diet. Zen meditation. Exercise. BAM pancreatic Cancer. 54 years old.
Look at Keith Richards. Have you ever seen that guy without a cig. Drinks like a fish and tried every drug imaginable. He must close to 70 now.
Well well.
Fark me Humbert, you've actually said something that isn't stupid.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

Mr Humbert wrote:
The vegans are under an illusion their veggies are chemical free, they often are not. Carrots and stone fruits in particular have chemical reside (pesticides, herbicides and fungicides) that actually seep into the fruit itself.

When you reduce meat you compensate by eating more fruit vegetables and bread and all of these are full of chemicals.

Eliminating cancer you are better off reducing what you eat rather than cutting out meat altogether.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The vegans are under an illusion their veggies are chemical free, they often are not. Carrots and stone fruits in particular have chemical reside (pesticides, herbicides and fungicides) that actually seep into the fruit itself.
When you reduce meat you compensate by eating more fruit vegetables and bread and all of these are full of chemicals.
Eliminating cancer you are better off reducing what you eat rather than cutting out meat altogether.
What a load of drivel, people who really care about their bodies make sure they have fresh uncontaminated food. There are many growers who don't use any chemical sprays or feritlisers and they can be accessed anywhere in the country.

Red meat has many toxins alien to the human body, when you add lot feeding, drenching and hormones, you have a carcinogenic cocktail.

There's nothing wrong with eating more fresh vegetables and fruit, only benefits. What's wrong with bread, when it consists of natural uncontaminated ingredients.

Your problem is you are only interested in eating contaminated foods and hope one day some miracle will overcome your biological decay. Sounds like waiting for god to appear and save you, good luck with that approach.
Celtic Bard

Mont Albert, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

What a load of drivel, people who really care about their bodies make sure they have fresh uncontaminated food. There are many growers who don't use any chemical sprays or fertilisers.

Try talking to the people at bacchus marsh....the shit has been in the soil for generations. AND they don't use aggressive chemicals. This would be the same for many areas in Australia.
The issue idiot, is what is in the soil and what has been there for a long time.
You are ill informed....again.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:

I think its genetics to, doesn't help that the weak don't die anymore, contaminating the human gene pool with defective DNA, that's what happens when you go against nature.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Celtic Bard wrote:
What a load of drivel, people who really care about their bodies make sure they have fresh uncontaminated food. There are many growers who don't use any chemical sprays or fertilisers.

Try talking to the people at bacchus marsh....the shit has been in the soil for generations. AND they don't use aggressive chemicals. This would be the same for many areas in Australia.
The issue idiot, is what is in the soil and what has been there for a long time.
You are ill informed....again.
Organic farmers have to adhere to a strict code though, there can still be a small amount of chemical in the soil that is at "safe" levels to claim its completely organic, now if these levels are actually safe is beyond me.
Perry

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
sid

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

It's interesting that cancer and heart disease are the two biggest killers in australian society. Looking at these two diseases from a metaphysical perspective shows there may be other causes of these diseases not usually thought of.

The heart can be seen as the centre of love, we live in a loveless society, you could say people are dying from a broken heart, blocked heart, malfunctioning heart, the centre of love is being killed.

Cancer can be seen as uncontrolled cell growth of an entity within a host entity, the host entity having no control over the invading entity. Cancer indicates self abuse and accumulation of toxins within the body, poor elimination, poor diet. Cells that are poisoned to the point of revulsion where they take on a consciousness of there own and exist outside of the control of the host body.
Society is a reflection of the individuals that constitute it, it's not hard to see how our loveless, hateful, manipulative, poisonous society breaks our hearts, drive our bodies out of alignment with the correct way of living.
Two diseases of our times, how could it be otherwise.
Growers market

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I think genetics has very little at all to do with cancer. I think unnatural substances that cause DNA damage such as alcohol and tobacco smoke and radiation exposure cause cancer. A natural diet helps helps prevent tumours, but the cause is still the substances like UV rays, smoking and drinking. Alcohol has a much bigger role than is given credit. Things like burnt bean coffee no doubt not only give you insulin resistance, but cancers of the GI tract.
Growers market

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

People crap on about the danger of raw egg, but tell me anyone who has been sick, anyone?? Fresh unpasturised milk from a certified and tested producer, nobody sick. very healthy and these people don't get sick!

But yet alcohol, go nuts, raw egg milkshake oh dangerous. Cigarettes oh thats freedom, unpasturised fresh milk worst thing in the world it will cause you to drop dead.

To me it's obvious why some people get cancer and some don't. Non drinker, non smoker, good diet if you have fair skin avoid high UV exposure, you stand a good chance to avoid cancer. Being a regular weight i'm sure helps also with just overall health.

I know people who have died early from cancer and I couldn't help but notice that they were either smokers and or big drinkers. I think everyone knows someone who has had cancer, but we still don't want to make the connection with alcohol. A substance known to cause birth defects no less.
GoatsMilk is Muslim Mom

Fulshear, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Growers market wrote:
People crap on about the danger of raw egg, but tell me anyone who has been sick, anyone?? Fresh unpasturised milk from a certified and tested producer, nobody sick. very healthy and these people don't get sick!
But yet alcohol, go nuts, raw egg milkshake oh dangerous. Cigarettes oh thats freedom, unpasturised fresh milk worst thing in the world it will cause you to drop dead.
To me it's obvious why some people get cancer and some don't. Non drinker, non smoker, good diet if you have fair skin avoid high UV exposure, you stand a good chance to avoid cancer. Being a regular weight i'm sure helps also with just overall health.
I know people who have died early from cancer and I couldn't help but notice that they were either smokers and or big drinkers. I think everyone knows someone who has had cancer, but we still don't want to make the connection with alcohol. A substance known to cause birth defects no less.
piss off you dead beat loser who posts as mumlim mom. Nobody wants to hear your crap.
Growers market

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

GoatsMilk is Muslim Mom wrote:
<quoted text>piss off you dead beat loser who posts as mumlim mom. Nobody wants to hear your crap.
No mate, I won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••