Its all homemade at Hometown Restaurant in Peterstown

Apr 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

Linda Fox greets a customer at Hometown Restaurant, in Peterstown. She has operated the Monroe County eatery for 28 years.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2014
MrReese

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Great place to sit down an enjoy a meal served by the best cooks in the county.
Wondering

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Best cooks?! I ate there one time and took some of the food from my plate home so the doctors in ER would know what killed me..
maybe

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

I like the place myself. The only thing I don't like is they don't serve gravy an biscuits on Sundays :-(
Blanka Fawkes

Mount Lookout, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Best cooks?! I ate there one time and took some of the food from my plate home so the doctors in ER would know what killed me..
sad to see that your still here by the message on topix i guess the doctor had a misdiagnosis with mental retardation
curious

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

has anybody ate at big als.
MrReese

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Blanka Fawkes wrote:
<quoted text> sad to see that your still here by the message on topix i guess the doctor had a misdiagnosis with mental retardation
I like that lol
radical

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Yea its a great place to eat if you have a feeding tube and it doesnt touch your taste buds.
Not What It Used To Be

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

At one time Hometown Restaurant was great! But that was a long time ago. You will never convince me that the food is not canned and is made fresh daily. I eat there every now and then to see if anything has changed and I never cease to be disappointed.
radical

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Less than average thats an understatement the peace corps wouldnt feed it to third world countries
Get Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Country Girl wrote:
Hometown Rest. is surviving in a bad economy and they have alot of loyal customers. But I find the food is far from what I would consider fresh and homemade. At one time they had the best yeast rolls in the county and I would go in just because they had a great cook. Guess fresh got too expensive to continue so they serve less than average food.
That is a very nice way of putting it, but the fact remains that the food is awful and they could do a lot to improve the taste and texture. So quit trying to sell the public on 28 years as an excuse not to make improvements.
REALLY

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TASTE OF THE FOOD, IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE.... DON'T EAT THERE. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN THE FOOD PREPARED, TRUST ME, IT IS HOMEMADE. 28 YEARS? WHY YES, THEY HAVE BEEN THERE 28 YEARS, GUESS THAT PRETTY MUCH SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, HUH?!!
blinkie

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Love big las
simple

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

from can, to pot, to plate spells home made
Lies Lies Lies

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Honestly I worked there...90% of stuff is taken out of a tub, put into warmer then put onto the bar...only the things fried are homemade...because honestly they open a pack of hotdogs or hamburger and fry it! If this is your example of HomeMade I feel sorry for you!!!!!
REALLY

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Lies Lies Lies wrote:
Honestly I worked there...90% of stuff is taken out of a tub, put into warmer then put onto the bar...only the things fried are homemade...because honestly they open a pack of hotdogs or hamburger and fry it! If this is your example of HomeMade I feel sorry for you!!!!!
Sounds like someone got sent packing, and now trying to knock the restaurant. Why don't you just give it up? They seem to be doing just fine, no matter what you say. I'm sure that they would let anyone take a look in the kitchen during prep time to see just what's homemade, and what comes from a can.
ridiculous

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

Judged:

REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone got sent packing, and now trying to knock the restaurant. Why don't you just give it up? They seem to be doing just fine, no matter what you say. I'm sure that they would let anyone take a look in the kitchen during prep time to see just what's homemade, and what comes from a can.
sounds like your getting paid to talk good about them. Its like eating an MRE from WWII.
curious

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

Power flickering whats going on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr crazy 4 stuff 7,866
Fairfield gets new pizza shop 4 hr Uppercut 1
The best dishes I ate this month 5 hr DDD 1
Former Farm Manager wants criminal probe 10 hr EEllein 1
Fitchburg neighbors come together for yearly co... 11 hr ken 7
Norwegian bans smoking on balconies 14 hr smokers are POS 6
Aretha Franklin slams server's D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T 16 hr SOSUS INDIAN 1
•••
•••