what gourmet foods to explore
Posted in the Food Forum
#1 Jul 7, 2014
Moderator: I posted this message on the Gourmet Forum
( http://www.topix.com/forum/food/gourmet ), but then I noticed that there is virtually no traffic at that forum (so I'll never get a response), so please leave this message on THIS forum. Thanks.
Now that I can afford it, I've recently decided to explore the gourmet, haute cuisine, "foodie" world. Can anyone recommend gourmet foods I might like to try, other than the ones I've already started to delve into, namely:
• alcoholic beverages (such as beer, single malt scotch whiskies and wine)
• cooking oils and fats (including olive oil)
• fois gras
• fungus (such as mushrooms and truffles, the latter being a form of fungus, but not a mushroom)
• meat (including fish and shellfish, pork and Wagyu beef)
• vinegar (including real balsamic vinegar and many others)
I'm looking for "generally accepted" gourmet foods, not exotic, crazy things, and I don't care for "sweetbreads" and other offal.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Add your comments below
|Allentown's Udder Bar offers ice cream, gourmet...||1 hr||silly rabbit||8|
|Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06)||3 hr||Find phartse||225|
|Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11)||3 hr||Twigeater||979|
|'Doughnut lady' finds new home (Feb '08)||11 hr||Homer Simpson||5|
|Get your ramen with a side of karaoke at Yokoha...||15 hr||Udonbaby||1|
|Stampede eats a weird lot||May 20||wichita-rick||2|
|Community garden takes root in West Lincoln||May 19||turnip||1|
Find what you want!
Search Food Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC