On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall

On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall

There are 46 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Oct 9, 2007, titled On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

OMAHA, NE -- ConAgra Foods -- which had to recall its Georgia-made peanut butter earlier this year -- is in the middle of another recall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
matt

Yakima, WA

#1 Oct 10, 2007
139 people out of millions of pot pies sold, isn't enouph to stop me from enjoying them!
Josie

AOL

#2 Oct 10, 2007
My husband, my son and I ate a pot pies from ConAgra Foods - Marie Callender's brand and became ill. My husband & son have had diarrhea for the last 3 days, I had it for one day. The code on the box is P2. Perhaps this brand needs to be tested for possible contamination as well.
Charles

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2007

This is a good reason to cook food properly. This is really important if the
food product contains meat,or meat products.
Angie P

Ashland, OH

#4 Oct 11, 2007
I was just eating a couple of chicken pot pies when I went on line to look at local news. What was the first thing that popped up? yes the recall on the banquet pot pies. Stopped the spoon dead in my mouth!! I had eaten about the total of one pot pie. The code on the box was the P-9. I became sick at approx 4 hours later. Diarrhea, terrible stomach cramps and a headache. I called my doctor who said that it should go away. Well that was about 24 hours ago and I still have the headache and the diarrhea. seems to be better now than last night. So please beware. If it is from that lot DON"T EAT IT. You will be very sick. My question is if I end up going to the hospital with this then who pays for that! I have no insurance? That 49cent refund does nothing for the bill of an ER.

“mudrock”

Since: Oct 07

omaha,albuquerque,mudrock

#5 Oct 11, 2007
Charles wrote:
This is a good reason to cook food properly. This is really important if the
food product contains meat,or meat products.
it's very important even if meat isn't involved...remember tainted spinach? green onions?

“mudrock”

Since: Oct 07

omaha,albuquerque,mudrock

#6 Oct 11, 2007
Angie P wrote:
I was just eating a couple of chicken pot pies when I went on line to look at local news. What was the first thing that popped up? yes the recall on the banquet pot pies. Stopped the spoon dead in my mouth!! I had eaten about the total of one pot pie. The code on the box was the P-9. I became sick at approx 4 hours later. Diarrhea, terrible stomach cramps and a headache. I called my doctor who said that it should go away. Well that was about 24 hours ago and I still have the headache and the diarrhea. seems to be better now than last night. So please beware. If it is from that lot DON"T EAT IT. You will be very sick. My question is if I end up going to the hospital with this then who pays for that! I have no insurance? That 49cent refund does nothing for the bill of an ER.
angie, get a hold of a good personal injury lawyer in your area. and hopefully, if it's not too late, save the pie. and no reasonable doctor would tell you that food poisoning would "just go away" it can be fatal. be sure to mention *HIM* to your attorney.
john from kansas

Tescott, KS

#7 Oct 12, 2007
I also ate a Marie Callendar chicken pot pie and it made me pretty sick. The code was p45.
Dont waste your time calling Convict foods as I was on hold for over 20 min.
Gail from Oregon

Eugene, OR

#8 Oct 12, 2007
We eat pot pies regularly and cook them all together (6 people in my house) in the oven so they were all cooked the same amount of time at the same temperature. My 8 year old boy has been sick for 12 days now. Took him to the doctor yesterday and have to do further tests cause I am going to get proof that it is salmonella. I probably wouldn't be as torked if it were me sick but my child is sick and it is someones fault. I ahve called ConAgre foods twice now and they say that someone is going to call me back. I don't have any health insurance but luckily my mother was willing for fork out the $ to take my son in.
Judi D

Slatington, PA

#9 Oct 12, 2007
My daughter had one last night for dinner. She seems fine today. The code on the box is P9. I have 3 more in the freezer. I'm wondering if the ones at the store are also P9. It is one of the few foods she eats.
Chris

Marietta, GA

#10 Oct 12, 2007
This never would have happened if they didn't go to the Microwave option! They just don't cook nearly as well in those paper trays. Bring back the tin trays!!!
no name

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2007
Get real people I eat anything and I get sick.
Heywood Jablowme

Omaha, NE

#12 Oct 12, 2007
Geez people, follow the directions PROPERLY and you won't get sick!!!!
Rose Pallaschke

Fenton, MI

#13 Oct 13, 2007
I ate 2 chicken pot pies. Got sick to stomach diareia stomach pains, bad gas,and headache chills
Don't eat them.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14 Oct 13, 2007
Heywood Jablowme wrote:
Jeez people, follow the directions PROPERLY and you won't get sick!!!!
You are exactly right. Any type of food that has not been cleaned, prepared, or cooked correctly can cause a bacterial disorder. If you eat any food raw, you are asking for trouble.
eric

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Oct 14, 2007
Food poisoning take36-48 hours to kick in, not 4. You people are OVER REACTING!!!
Colleen

San Jose, CA

#16 Oct 14, 2007
I ate one 2 weeks ago! AH! i found out about the recall today. i cooked it until it was bubbling. i havent suffered from anything. what a scary thing.
nobody

Omaha, NE

#17 Oct 15, 2007
I read on the internet that its the cheap mexican labor thats putting fecus in the food. Search google for Illegal Mexican Aliens Putting Feces In Your Food
tommy salami

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2007
this is plot to kill the poor and the elderly in america.....

they know broke people eat the pot pies as a meal
and old people eat the hell out of them too...

con agra also makes dog food
tommy salami

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2007
holy cow i found some pot in my pot pie........
tommy salami

United States

#20 Oct 16, 2007
POT PIES SHOULD BE NAMED POTTY PIES AFTER THEY MAKE YOU STOMCAH SICK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Underwood's B-B-Q in Brownwood, Texas Review (Jul '09) 25 min TEAPEA 110
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 27 min Just Sayin 785
News Former OSU grid stars, friends to open The Pit ... 2 hr Big Johnson 2
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 7 hr karinoweb 62
News A&W holds its 8th annual 'Burgers to Beat MS' p... 9 hr Kevin is Leery Al... 1
News Lions' breakfast aids food bank (Apr '12) 22 hr Lions hall gone 3
News Here's 7 Guacamole Mistakes You're Making Sun Rb RECORDS 1
More from around the web