Misunderstanding vitamins

Misunderstanding vitamins

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Misunderstanding vitamins. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

New studies are finding they can actually be harmful to your health. We all know that too much of a good thing isn't good for us.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Jackie Bauleke

Fairfield, CA

#1 Feb 25, 2009
I strongly disagree. I am very healthy and I take several vitamins on a daily basis. I take a multi-vitamin (Centrum Silver), Mag/Vit D/Zinc, Omega-3, CO-Q-10, and other supplements for cleansing and allergies. I am 63 and have strong bones, do not take high cholestral pills, and I am trying to get off my high blood pressure pill (which is the lowest one given HCTZ). My main health problem is being overweight and lack of exercise. If I ate the amount of food that would give me the proper amount of vitamins that I need to stay health, I am sure I would weigh much MORE! I eat healthy, oatmeal with raisens and almonds and skim milk for breakfast. Prune juice and green tea. For lunch I have a well balanced meal with protein, vegggies and carbs. I have a lighter meal for dinner - smaller portions of protein, and veggies and carbs. When I snack I have fresh fruit or nuts - sometime popcorn or fresh salsa and tortilla chips - maybe jello with fruit and cottagr cheese and honey and wheat germ for dessert. I have the occasional cookie or ice cream bar. I do not eat much candy, but sometimes crave a piece of chocolate like M&M with peanuts or a snickers. I believe in vitamins and think people would be better off taking vitamins than harmful prescriptions handed out by doctors who are slaves to the pharmicudical companies!!
Colten
#2 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 3 hr karinoweb 62
News A&W holds its 8th annual 'Burgers to Beat MS' p... 5 hr Kevin is Leery Al... 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 6 hr Wall Failure 783
News Lions' breakfast aids food bank (Apr '12) 18 hr Lions hall gone 3
News Here's 7 Guacamole Mistakes You're Making 20 hr Rb RECORDS 1
News Warmer weather and experimentation lead to new ... 22 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News 102 Days of Summer Blog Featuring: Winona Peach... 23 hr BIA 1
More from around the web