Little Pearl Cupcake opens in Grand R...

Little Pearl Cupcake opens in Grand Rapids, Michigan

There are 13 comments on the All Cupcakes, All The Time story from Feb 8, 2011, titled Little Pearl Cupcake opens in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In it, All Cupcakes, All The Time reports that:

They started out doing custom cupcakes. According to yesterday's article at WZZM 13 : Little Pearl Cupcake opened for the first time this morning on Northland Drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at All Cupcakes, All The Time.

mrscg

Ashley, MI

#1 Feb 13, 2011
Tried and did not like! I was very excited to have a cupcake shop in gr and close to home, but likely won't be going back. The red velvet cupcake was one of the worst I've had and I actually spit it out. The coffee cupcake wasn't bad, but out of 4 flavors tried, it was the only one that was decent. I so wanted to be a cheerleader for this shop, but was disappointed. Maybe they just need some time to settle in, but recipe editing is recommend.
Cake boss

Jenison, MI

#2 Feb 13, 2011
mrscg wrote:
Tried and did not like! I was very excited to have a cupcake shop in gr and close to home, but likely won't be going back. The red velvet cupcake was one of the worst I've had and I actually spit it out. The coffee cupcake wasn't bad, but out of 4 flavors tried, it was the only one that was decent. I so wanted to be a cheerleader for this shop, but was disappointed. Maybe they just need some time to settle in, but recipe editing is recommend.
Really? You went a bought some cupcakes...didn't like and couldn't wait to get home for a little online smear and share time. I seriously doubt you "wanted to be a cheerleader for this shop". My guess is you probably own or are connected to a bakery in the neighborhood.
But thanks for the heads up..I'll make sure I go there now.

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#3 Feb 13, 2011
Good luck to them.
sarasd

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2011
I have tried everyone except the gluten free cupcakes. The cupcakes I tried were so good I have been back several times since they opened. Smear all you want but please really try them before you make a judgment like the person above.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Is this akin to a pearl necklace?
Lou sam

Murska Sobota, Slovenia

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Good luck guys.... hope the new shop goes well!!!!

If you are looking for another product to sell with your cup cakes why not consider Kurtos kalacs.

I make and sell Kurtos kalacs ovens and ship them all over the world. Check out my web site:
www.kurtos-kalacs.com
cannonfodder

Lansing, MI

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Is this akin to a pearl necklace?
The cost is. 10 dollars for 4 small cupcakes, with frosting.
RFist334

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2011
cannonfodder wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost is. 10 dollars for 4 small cupcakes, with frosting.
Whao..........

back to little Debbie.
CupCakeLover

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Apr 8, 2011
I REALLY wanted to like this shop! I purchased the Groupon for a dozen and went in with very high hopes. Unfortunately, the cupcakes are dry and bland. I tried Key Lime, Choc Brownie, Choc Choc, Vanilla Bean, and Red Velvet. The were not evenly bakedI, some under and some over. Since I tried multiple flavors, I feel that I gave them a fair chance. I won't be going back. Sorry :(
How Nice of You

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2011
CupCakeLover wrote:
I REALLY wanted to like this shop! I purchased the Groupon for a dozen and went in with very high hopes. Unfortunately, the cupcakes are dry and bland. I tried Key Lime, Choc Brownie, Choc Choc, Vanilla Bean, and Red Velvet. The were not evenly bakedI, some under and some over. Since I tried multiple flavors, I feel that I gave them a fair chance. I won't be going back. Sorry :(
How VERY nice of you to return with another report, you haven't been here since you started this thread. Will you be back again in a few weeks with another report? I heard they are doing REALLY REALLY well!:) It must REALLY suk to be you huh.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Apr 9, 2011
Every new business deserves a chance. I hope they do well. Cupcakes are yummy.
RFist288

United States

#12 Apr 9, 2011
Ryleigh wrote:
Every new business deserves a chance. I hope they do well. Cupcakes are yummy.
If you can't do well calling yourself a "cupcake"place and then exspensive, there should be no complaints about the product.
bobolinq

Englewood, CO

#13 Apr 11, 2011
omg; not LPCC! i'll bet geha, et al. are 'all over this' breaking event. should be good for at least a week of flashbacks for wood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 11 hr Human 976
News Construction under way on Trevioli Italian Kitc... Sat General Zod 5
News Wendy's testing a 'pretzel burger' (Jan '13) Sat Lisa 3
News Northwest Side gains new Indian dining spot Sat Tim 2
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor Sat Chu Chu Rubusco 7
News Vito and Nick's II: Now In a Supermarket Near You (Nov '11) Sat Proud cheer fan 27
News Worcester restaurants close as part of 'Day Wit... Sat Bennie Hana 5
More from around the web