Polk County begins Seamless Summer Feeding lunch program

Jun 14, 2013 Full story: Rome News 36

Children, from age 1 to 18, can eat a free meal at designated sites in Polk County as part of the Seamless Summer Feeding Program.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Travon

Cedartown, GA

#22 Jun 24, 2013
Now that the Republican party is dead and will never be in the White House again .
Poor people will see lot more programs to make their lifes easier . Good housing food and health care for everyone. Its about time.
SewTheySay

United States

#23 Jun 24, 2013
"Breeders and Eaters". I like that one. May borrow it.
WhoDat

United States

#24 Jun 24, 2013
Travon wrote:
Now that the Republican party is dead and will never be in the White House again .
Poor people will see lot more programs to make their lifes easier . Good housing food and health care for everyone. Its about time.
Unfortunately the Republican Party is not dead. I don't like Republicans but I dislike freeloaders even more.
The camel that brings in all this free stuff is having back problems.

It's time to stop rewarding people for having kids and time to start rewarding them for NOT having kids. I say bigger tax breaks for those who do not have children.
WWJD

Rome, GA

#25 Jun 24, 2013
The main ones in uproars about banning abortions are religious zealots who should be teaching their own teens to keep their pants on and abstain until marriage. And the ones who picketed the clinics would never adopt a child!

Then you have the liberals who say it's their right to have as many babies as they want and never say the first word about the responsibility that goes along with that. I say give them free birth control but nothing else.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#26 Jun 24, 2013
be real wrote:
repubs are for white races dems are for blacks always has been always will be whats your thoughts ms? i know you have some surely...
I do. When you continue giving people stuff for free, they become dependent and are unable to care for themselves. Feed a stray dog and see what happens.
OBSERVER

Houston, TX

#27 Jun 25, 2013
The churches feed these kids and also get to put the word of God in their ears before they eat. The whole goal is to let them know they can do better in life, to encourage, help and spend a little time with them. Not everyone is the perfect parent like all of you. If we want to break the habits of these kids, it starts with us. You should show up to help, its mind boggling to see these kids, all they want is for someone to steer them in the right direction.
FeedYourOwn

United States

#28 Jun 25, 2013
OBSERVER wrote:
The churches feed these kids and also get to put the word of God in their ears before they eat.
Thank you for your post. That's one problem that I have with this program. It's a federally funded program and NO CHURCH should be allowed to misuse it in this manner to further their religious mantra.
The church(s) have a pathetic history with these things that end up doing little more that propagating the problem.

Anyone can simply turn on the TV and see a public announcement ad wanting us to send in our dollars for feeding children in some third world country. It never ends unless we stop the needless breeding. They don't want to stop it because it is a industry for them. Contraception and education would end their money raising campaigns.
Now the US is becoming a third world country because no one will work for food when it is trucked in to them for free.
It's no longer a Democrat or Republican issue. It's not a black or white issue. It's a "Break the Food Hauling Camel's Back" issue.
The camel is in trouble.
OBSERVER

Houston, TX

#29 Jun 25, 2013
I agree somewhat, from my understanding, my church was permissible to teach the word.
be real

Cedartown, GA

#30 Jun 25, 2013
i worked the program..the churches volunteer and pick up the food at the schools then take it to sites to distribute...volunteer on churches part strictly volunteer
yep

Rome, GA

#31 Jun 26, 2013
Looks as if everyone is going to get free lunches now
Hello

Rome, GA

#32 Jun 26, 2013
FeedYourOwn wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your post. That's one problem that I have with this program. It's a federally funded program and NO CHURCH should be allowed to misuse it in this manner to further their religious mantra.
The church(s) have a pathetic history with these things that end up doing little more that propagating the problem.
Anyone can simply turn on the TV and see a public announcement ad wanting us to send in our dollars for feeding children in some third world country. It never ends unless we stop the needless breeding. They don't want to stop it because it is a industry for them. Contraception and education would end their money raising campaigns.
Now the US is becoming a third world country because no one will work for food when it is trucked in to them for free.
It's no longer a Democrat or Republican issue. It's not a black or white issue. It's a "Break the Food Hauling Camel's Back" issue.
The camel is in trouble.
How in the heck are churches allowed to go into public buildings under the guise of volunteering with a lunch program and push their beliefs on children? What if this nonsense keeps people away and kids are allowed to go hungry? This must stop now. It is so unconstitutional to deliver a federally funded program with a religious message!

If churches want to preach while they feed they need to do it on their own property.
Hello

Rome, GA

#33 Jun 26, 2013
OBSERVER wrote:
The churches feed these kids and also get to put the word of God in their ears before they eat. The whole goal is to let them know they can do better in life, to encourage, help and spend a little time with them. Not everyone is the perfect parent like all of you. If we want to break the habits of these kids, it starts with us. You should show up to help, its mind boggling to see these kids, all they want is for someone to steer them in the right direction.
A friend showed up with her grandchildren and no one was there. Tuesday at the old gym in Rockmart. WTH?
Observer

Cartersville, GA

#34 Jun 26, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend showed up with her grandchildren and no one was there. Tuesday at the old gym in Rockmart. WTH?
They had to move to the old high school gym last week, cause some kids break into the other gym to tore it up. Did you reach out to feed your friends grandchildren? Hopefully you did.
food

Rome, GA

#35 Jun 26, 2013
The Free Food Program was moved to the old R.H.S. gym because some broke into the HOgue Ave. and destroyed somethings it it.. times are 12 to 1 noon
Hello

Ashburn, VA

#36 Jun 26, 2013
She didn't see a sign and they didn't go hungry
just sayin

Carrollton, GA

#37 Jul 6, 2013
What are the locations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 11 hr Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 14 hr Deano 10
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 22 hr Deo Vindice 7
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) Fri Bundy 4 Prez 6
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Fri Hhhhll 8,787
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... Thu Gabby 1
More from around the web