Consuming meat, cheese as bad as smoking?

Mar 5, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

A study published in the journal Cell Metabolism Tuesday found that eating a diet rich in animal proteins -- such as meat, milk and cheese -- makes the consumer more likely to die of cancer than someone with a low-protein, no-cheese diet.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No kidding.

Unbelievable. If you don't eat right, you might not live as long as someone who does.

Who would have thought.
Antismokers Rule

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dumb. Not the same thing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Antismokers Rule wrote:
Dumb. Not the same thing.
The cancer's the same.
wrong again Dan

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The cancer's the same.
So there's only one type of cancer? Meat and cheese cause lung cancer? How bout providing proof?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wrong again Dan wrote:
<quoted text> So there's only one type of cancer? Meat and cheese cause lung cancer? How bout providing proof?
Cancer is bad, if you get the wrong kind you'll end up dead.

That kind of "same".

People who eat meat and cheese and don't smoke get lung cancer.

How bout that?
smokin parasites

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer is bad, if you get the wrong kind you'll end up dead.
That kind of "same".
People who eat meat and cheese and don't smoke get lung cancer.
How bout that?
Thanks DR DUH
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2014
 
smokin parasites wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks DR DUH
It's "The Reverend Dr.", thanks.
Time Heals

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2014
 
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "The Reverend Dr. DUH", thanks.
You forgot the DUH....you're welcome
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Time Heals wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot the DUH....you're welcome
I think we all missed what point you were trying to make.

What was it, respective to this article?

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

I would like to see proof also" does not, does too" isn`t cutting it
Stink of cigs

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 28, 2014
 
I've never had someone who just ate meat and cheese sit beside me and waft a god awful stench. Unless they just sucked in 4,000 to 5,000 chemicals from a disgusting cig.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 28, 2014
 
Stink of cigs wrote:
I've never had someone who just ate meat and cheese sit beside me and waft a god awful stench. Unless they just sucked in 4,000 to 5,000 chemicals from a disgusting cig.
I have had someone who just ate a meal of hard boiled eggs and Miller beer sit beside me and waft a Gawd awful stench. Just sayin'.
SMOKING IS NOT COOL

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 28, 2014
 
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>I have had someone who just ate a meal of hard boiled eggs and Miller beer sit beside me and waft a Gawd awful stench. Just sayin'.
That's digestion. Add cig stench to that and invest in gas masks, you become a mogul. That might be good for vaping

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 28, 2014
 
Stink of cigs wrote:
I've never had someone who just ate meat and cheese sit beside me and waft a god awful stench. Unless they just sucked in 4,000 to 5,000 chemicals from a disgusting cig.
I have a question: "If isAFact and his wife get divorced, will they still be brother and sister?"

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 28, 2014
 
SMOKING IS NOT COOL wrote:
<quoted text> That's digestion. Add cig stench to that and invest in gas masks, you become a mogul. That might be good for vaping
LOL
BUTT OUT

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 28, 2014
 
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question: "If isAFact and his wife get divorced, will they still be brother and sister?"
Guess you can't be ex-brother/sister. It would be a blow to the family though because they put all their hope into this relationship. Now with no grandchildren they'll have no one to leave the half ton and trailer to. Maybe they can adopt that smoking baboon.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 29, 2014
 
BUTT OUT wrote:
<quoted text> Guess you can't be ex-brother/sister. It would be a blow to the family though because they put all their hope into this relationship. Now with no grandchildren they'll have no one to leave the half ton and trailer to. Maybe they can adopt that smoking baboon.
If he adopts this one, it may cause problems between him and his sister:
http://tinyurl.com/k6mbr2a
ItsAFact

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 29, 2014
 
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
If he adopts this one, it may cause problems between him and his sister:
http://tinyurl.com/k6mbr2a
hubba hubba

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••