Green Bean Deli Opens Location In Glastonbury That Serves Dinner, Too

Jun 24, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Hartford Courant

Time was when the biggest decision someone had to make when deciding to eat lunch at the Spicy Green Bean Deli and Catering in Wethersfield was exactly which "Kooky Konkoction" or standard overstuffed sandwich to choose.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Glastonbury Resident

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

I used to go to the one in Wethersfield and the food was pretty good, but the woman behind the counter kept mocking my mid-western accent and I found that really rude.
SuperGlastonbury MoM

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

That's ok, Eat at the Mustard Seed I'm pretty certain no one there will mock you. It's a nice family atmosphere. The family who owns it is very nice.
Glastonbury Resident

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

SuperGlastonburyMoM wrote:
That's ok, Eat at the Mustard Seed I'm pretty certain no one there will mock you. It's a nice family atmosphere. The family who owns it is very nice.
Thanks for the advice.
SuperGlastonbury MoM

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

They actually just had an article on the Mustard Seed and the owners in the Journal Inquire, it's worth reading.
Glastonbury Resident

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

Thanks again. I've never heard of this place so I'll look up the article and pay them a visit.
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

Only one table occupied when we arrived for an early lunch.It appeared to be staffed by a group of noisy teen-agers. After a wait of several minutes,the server came with a menu. We ordered sandwiches which took a lengthy time to arrive. We had to ask for tableware napkins and placemats.My impression is of a place that could be a great success. We won't go back due to the overwhelming noise, untrained staff, and slow service. It would benefit by training (customers come first before socializing with fellow workers, and the presence of an owner.
SuperGlastonbury MoM

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

I'm sorry Dee that your visit to this restaurant wasn't great. But I have to disagree with everything you just said. I am a regular there and first the place is doing very well as peak times for both breakfast and lunch, especially Sundays keep their tables very full. The owners Todd and Lisa are always present. These very nice people bend over backwards for their customers. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to meet them. The teenagers you are referring to are probably their daughters. It's a nice family setting and I love that it's ran by a local family and the food is great. They've only been open since April and for a place that is booming I think they are doing very well for being first time restaurant owners. That's ok, there always has to be 1 cranky customer who will probably never be happy anywhere they go.
Let It Rain

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Judged:

Stinks.
Superchuck

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Judged:

Super Glastonbury mom your a bitch

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Morgan Spurlock documenting wide range of subje... 21 min Garlanda Goldwin 1
Farmer's Market Vendor in Hot Water Over Stolen... 2 hr TTT 1
Neighborhood news: Spring Creek Village 5 hr Red 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 7 hr Clay lover 7,196
Trattoria 'A Vucchella opens in Bridgeport 7 hr America Gentleman Samuel 2
Fine, Whataburger, We'll Eat the Jalapeno Chedd... 20 hr Elise Gingerich 1
Who has the best pizza in Clifton? (Mar '09) 21 hr Matt Cohen 98
•••
•••