Residents help make holiday brighter for needy in Caseyville

Nov 26, 2013 Full story: Belleville News Democrat 26

Families collected 150 baskets of food that were laid out over several tables Monday at Village Hall.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
way out therr

Collinsville, IL

#1 Nov 27, 2013
This is nice jester but I do not believe for one moment that it was done out of the goodness of Mayor Black's heart. This man has an agenda for all his actions and they are for his benefit only. I would add Rick Casey, Jr. to that list also. The Watts I believe do care about people and really do want to help people. The article should have promoted the Caseyville Food Pantry that has been helping people for years all year round.
Kerry Davis is an A-hole

Collinsville, IL

#3 Nov 27, 2013
Way out there is right A-HOLE
Timmys Mom

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 27, 2013
I just found it funny that it mentioned that it "wasn't polictical" Gimme a break ! This has been done for years - It was 100% polictical ! Atleast be honest once in a while.
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#5 Dec 1, 2013
Leave it to George Chance, Kerry Davis, Ron Tambo and Wally Abernathy to give such a good example. Oh, that's right- they weren't there!
laughing outloud

Collinsville, IL

#6 Dec 2, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
Leave it to George Chance, Kerry Davis, Ron Tambo and Wally Abernathy to give such a good example. Oh, that's right- they weren't there!
How would they know to be there? Everything is a secret with the present do gooders. They have always participated and given away more than this present bunch ever will and did not keep anything for themselves unlike some people. The original post had it right, nothing was done out of the kindness of these people's hearts and it was political.
geoff

Belleville, IL

#7 Dec 2, 2013
I agree - it has been done for years. It had to be political.
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#8 Dec 3, 2013
laughing outloud wrote:
<quoted text>How would they know to be there? Everything is a secret with the present do gooders. They have always participated and given away more than this present bunch ever will and did not keep anything for themselves unlike some people. The original post had it right, nothing was done out of the kindness of these people's hearts and it was political.
So then who informed George Chance and Frank Moore that JD Roth had committed suicide? Rick Casey, Jr.? Len Black? Chance and Moore were there before JD's body had been taken away- beautiful photo op for the BND.

I'm not on the inside loop by any stretch, and I knew what was going on, so what's the excuse for these 4 jokers? They DON'T want to know!!!
Riding on tailsend

Belleville, IL

#9 Dec 4, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
<quoted text>
So then who informed George Chance and Frank Moore that JD Roth had committed suicide? Rick Casey, Jr.? Len Black? Chance and Moore were there before JD's body had been taken away- beautiful photo op for the BND.
I'm not on the inside loop by any stretch, and I knew what was going on, so what's the excuse for these 4 jokers? They DON'T want to know!!!
It is called courtsey from another venue. Black knew but was walking around and keeping it to himself waiting to to watch others suffer. God is watching from up above and he knows who is real and who is not. Black will answer to the man upstairs one day and I bet it will not be pretty.
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#10 Dec 4, 2013
Riding on tailsend wrote:
<quoted text>It is called courtsey from another venue. Black knew but was walking around and keeping it to himself waiting to to watch others suffer. God is watching from up above and he knows who is real and who is not. Black will answer to the man upstairs one day and I bet it will not be pretty.
"The Man Upstairs" is also watching you, so you need to watch yourself before you judge Len.
Timmys Mom

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Dec 4, 2013
Can we just call him GOD ? Mr. Black will answer as we all will. Bottom line - lie to someone else ! IT WAS POLITICAL ! And a photo op for the gang - I really hope they/you didn't take any food/products for themselves.
Merry Christmas - Jesus/God is the reason for the season ! Not Santa or Mr. Black or Romanick or anyone else !
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#12 Dec 17, 2013
Santa will be at the Santa's house by the Village Hall December 21 & 22 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.

It is said that all of the Village Trustees will be there. Does this mean that Kerry, Ron and Wally will actually show up, or will they be AWOL like they were for the Town Hall Meeting and the day we were packing the baskets for the needy? I guess George Chance will also be there, since he's such a concerned citizen of this village.
Timmys Mom

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for the info. Just promise me that stripper boy Romanick won't be there or me my son won't be there. Why you so onesided with your tilt to the story? Just angry or mad at some trustees? Did George Chance get invited or another little smart comment? I know he is a lifelong resident. You seem kinda nice but very sarcastic and have a chip on your shoulder.
Way out therr

Collinsville, IL

#14 Dec 17, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
Santa will be at the Santa's house by the Village Hall December 21 & 22 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
It is said that all of the Village Trustees will be there. Does this mean that Kerry, Ron and Wally will actually show up, or will they be AWOL like they were for the Town Hall Meeting and the day we were packing the baskets for the needy? I guess George Chance will also be there, since he's such a concerned citizen of this village.
Who is Santa? If I had small children and with what hangs out at city hall I would want to know before I would subject my children to danger, convicted felons and people with order of protections filed against them. What will happen if Santa doesn't like the way a small child is acting?
Caseyville Gone Forever

Collinsville, IL

#15 Dec 17, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
George is being smart just sitting back and watching the city being ruined and going down the sewer. Hopefully he will be around to pick up the pieces. Why would he go to Santa"s house? He is not in office and doesn't have small children. I read earlier in this posting that it was not political. But it sounds like according to you that it is political. Why would any elected official be there if it is not political? Go Figure!!!!!!!!
Way out therr

Belleville, IL

#16 Dec 18, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
Caseyville First are you the Bradley Vanhoose that is in another post about verbally abusing an elderly woman at the Caseyville township meeting? I heard that Fairview police are wanting to talk to you. Guess they should show up at the Santa house Saturday. Why haven't you been seen at the township since this happened?
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#17 Dec 18, 2013
Timmys Mom wrote:
Thanks for the info. Just promise me that stripper boy Romanick won't be there or me my son won't be there. Why you so onesided with your tilt to the story? Just angry or mad at some trustees? Did George Chance get invited or another little smart comment? I know he is a lifelong resident. You seem kinda nice but very sarcastic and have a chip on your shoulder.
I appreciate your kindness toward me- honestly.

To answer your question- yes, I am angry. I've had the misfortune of seeing Kerry, Ron and Wally in action. I'm not saying that I agree lock-step with Mayor Black, Rick Casey Jr., Rob Watt, Brenda Anderson or anybody else in the administration, but it seems that the three aforementioned come together to fight everything the others are doing, no matter what it is. I understand that we all have differences, but to me, they are doing more harm to the Village than they are good.

To answer the question of Way Out Therr, no- I am not Brad Van Hoose. I know Brad, but I am not him. I live in Caseyville.
Way out therr

Belleville, IL

#18 Dec 18, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your kindness toward me- honestly.
To answer your question- yes, I am angry. I've had the misfortune of seeing Kerry, Ron and Wally in action. I'm not saying that I agree lock-step with Mayor Black, Rick Casey Jr., Rob Watt, Brenda Anderson or anybody else in the administration, but it seems that the three aforementioned come together to fight everything the others are doing, no matter what it is. I understand that we all have differences, but to me, they are doing more harm to the Village than they are good.
To answer the question of Way Out Therr, no- I am not Brad Van Hoose. I know Brad, but I am not him. I live in Caseyville.
I am sorry that I thought you were Vanhoose. But still for the politicians to be at Santa's house shows that the house was put there for political reasons only. Children should be able to visit Santa just for the fun of it like we all did when were children. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas without the politics.
Way out therr

Belleville, IL

#19 Dec 18, 2013
Caseyviille First wrote:
This posting is why I thought you were Vanhoose. Sorry if I offended you.
Caseyviille First

Granite City, IL

#20 Dec 18, 2013
Way out therr wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry that I thought you were Vanhoose. But still for the politicians to be at Santa's house shows that the house was put there for political reasons only. Children should be able to visit Santa just for the fun of it like we all did when were children. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas without the politics.
I heard it advertised that ALL the trustees were going to be there, I guess as sort of a support of the Village type thing, but given the absence of them three on other things- hence the question.

No offense taken regarding Brad. I know Brad and consider him a friend... but do question his methods from time to time.
geoff

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Dec 19, 2013
Still political ! Hey look at me ! Get a photo so we can get the hell out of here and get to the bar ! That's how it goes !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zymbiotics puts the zaur in the kraut 53 min Jeff Ziebelman 1
7 things to know about epilepsy 2 hr DeeDee86 2
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 6 hr cooldude 5
News Hits: Schuette OKs school taxes for new Re... 8 hr Art Lafler 2
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 10 hr georgie 8,752
Food Dehydrator (Oct '10) Tue Pavlos Lombardi 2
Japanese Cherry Blossoms Tue SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
More from around the web