Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9230 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

corn strach eater

Vienna, VA

#1711 Jul 5, 2012
trina wrote:
<quoted text> LOL I know this lady an she can be a little much for her cookies. If she like you the she like you but of she don't then she don't, I guess I was a person she didn't like because when I got some from her 10 she wanted 30 dollars shipping an handing I just laugh I'm not going to pay that much for 10 cookies when I can call back home an get 30 cookies from a aunt for 5. The only thing I can say is they do have a nice taste an when I was in Haiti I would go early an buy some me an my cousin would hide an eat them... so good an smooth......
Do u think she would send me some i will pay more than 5 dollars.
queen

Sioux City, IA

#1712 Jul 5, 2012
trina wrote:
<quoted text> LOL I know this lady an she can be a little much for her cookies. If she like you the she like you but of she don't then she don't, I guess I was a person she didn't like because when I got some from her 10 she wanted 30 dollars shipping an handing I just laugh I'm not going to pay that much for 10 cookies when I can call back home an get 30 cookies from a aunt for 5. The only thing I can say is they do have a nice taste an when I was in Haiti I would go early an buy some me an my cousin would hide an eat them... so good an smooth......
you are right lol she can be something to deal with lol are you part of Tamil group? I was on this form b4 but she sent us all who ask for a sample one an they are the size of tea plate. That how I got from her an she live not far but not close lol..
mzlibra

United States

#1714 Jul 6, 2012
Hi everyone! Its been a couple of days since I posted. Had my cornstarch fix last night and this morning. I think I'm good until I gt off work. My cornstarch is in my truck waiting for me. I drove to work with the box and eat while I was driving. I used a straw. I purchased a brand called Cream. Its pretty good had it before but it had been awhile. So I see a few people have ordered from sam to gt the white dirt. I haven't yet. If I could put this cornstarch down I think I would rather have the clay. Its the smooth and creamy texture that gets me.
shan

Darlington, UK

#1715 Jul 6, 2012
hi can any one help me gt hold of chunks of clay in the u.k?
janet

Sioux City, IA

#1716 Jul 6, 2012
queen wrote:
<quoted text> you are right lol she can be something to deal with lol are you part of Tamil group? I was on this form b4 but she sent us all who ask for a sample one an they are the size of tea plate. That how I got from her an she live not far but not close lol..
I love them cookies a lady here in NY make them an when I was carrying my son I would eat them but now I'm hook on cornstarch. Would not mind having one..
shina

Delhi, India

#1717 Jul 7, 2012
how many of u have tried fuller's earth......??
ackee

New York, NY

#1718 Jul 7, 2012
janet wrote:
<quoted text> I love them cookies a lady here in NY make them an when I was carrying my son I would eat them but now I'm hook on cornstarch. Would not mind having one..
Hi Janet how can I reach that lady? It is hard to find clay in NY. The clay online is costly. Is she still making them . I would love to try it.
bhaw

India

#1719 Jul 7, 2012
shina wrote:
how many of u have tried fuller's earth......??
Hello shina,
Fuller's earth has became a realy bad addiction of mine these days! Do you eat them too?i recently ate half a kg in a week.. In wat amount do you buy dem? And most importantly had u and rest fuller eaters gone thru any problm or side effects? I got addicted wen i saw many ppl nibbling different types of clay on internet as being anemic! I first used nibble chalk pieces 4 years ago..bt its almost a year i hadnt evn had any thought of eating dem since i started fuller as it is d nly clay available here i started it 7 months back and nw i cant feel comfortable by nt having any :/
shan

Darlington, UK

#1720 Jul 7, 2012
zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.
hi Zenith can u supply to the uk?
queenn

United States

#1721 Jul 7, 2012
I love the earthy taste of white dirt, but I would like it to be more gritty than smooth. where can I get some gritty white dirt...
corn strach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#1722 Jul 8, 2012
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Janet how can I reach that lady? It is hard to find clay in NY. The clay online is costly. Is she still making them . I would love to try it.
I know u are in ny I've been wanting to try the dirt cookies to I will send you the money for mailing them est. The email for the lady is not working if u have better luck then me let me know really want to pay some.
mzlibra

United States

#1723 Jul 8, 2012
Packed a plastic bag full of cornstarch to take to work. I did take my iron pills this morning......pica got me bad!!!!!! LOL
Pyon

Tucson, AZ

#1724 Jul 8, 2012
Inathi wrote:
Just received my chalks, however I seem to have lost the craving. I don't even crave the clay I ordered. Quite bizarre maybe I've overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Hello Inathi,
May I ask how long you've been without clay or chalks? Also, do you find yourself going back to any of the newly bought chalks for a nibble?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#1725 Jul 8, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
Packed a plastic bag full of cornstarch to take to work. I did take my iron pills this morning......pica got me bad!!!!!! LOL
I remember those days, when I felt I couldn't be without my supply!

Have you noticed any reduction of cravings at all from the iron?(Have to say doesn't sound like it, lol)
mzlibra

United States

#1726 Jul 8, 2012
All Things Clay not at all. I take the iron bcuz I eat the cornstarch. I just enjoy the taste.
corn strach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#1727 Jul 8, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
All Things Clay not at all. I take the iron bcuz I eat the cornstarch. I just enjoy the taste.
I know what u mean its so good but i stop eating it because i heard it bad when trying to have childern but i totally understand do u have kids
mzlibra

United States

#1728 Jul 8, 2012
Cornstarch eater yes I have children, those days r over and done for me. I thought my bag would last me but I finished it already. I dumped 1/2 box into the plastic bag! Its so funny bcuz I have to take big spoonfuls or else I feel like its not enough. I saw arrowroot at the grocery store but they wanted 8.47 I said I can buy 8 boxes of cornstarch for that. I also saw potato starch, has anyone tried that.?
corn strach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#1729 Jul 8, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
Cornstarch eater yes I have children, those days r over and done for me. I thought my bag would last me but I finished it already. I dumped 1/2 box into the plastic bag! Its so funny bcuz I have to take big spoonfuls or else I feel like its not enough. I saw arrowroot at the grocery store but they wanted 8.47 I said I can buy 8 boxes of cornstarch for that. I also saw potato starch, has anyone tried that.?
I have never tried potato strach but if you do let me know how it is. The arrow root must be real good.for.that price lol u.should just try and see what its like lol let me know
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#1730 Jul 8, 2012
I tried arrowroot once when I was heavy on the starch (thought it might be healthier) but didn't like it at all. Don't like flour either. I've never tried potato starch.

I would love if I could find a tasty clay substitute that was cheap, easily available, and had no possible bad effects. Thought I had that with DE (even though I don't find it earthy, it satisfies) but then some people say negative things about that too.
mzlibra

United States

#1731 Jul 8, 2012
I've never tried DE.......speaking of cravings I was driving past a construction site and saw piles of dirt...my mouth began to water. I was look oh my goodness! I wonder about organic cornstarch. I also tried oatmeal uncooked, not bad. I believe for me its more of the texture than the taste. I don't like flour either....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 1 hr mitra 164
News Where to grab comfort food during the cold Winn... 18 hr Granny 1
Do you like Japanese food? Sun cuclas 1
News Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended... Sat Spotted Girl 6
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Jan 19 RFLivonia 17
News China, Serbia sign MOU on agriculture Jan 18 Slobodan B Medojevic 1
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Jan 18 TLC 1
More from around the web