Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9243 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

I know

Clarksville, TN

#8634 Aug 31, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
On average how much do u pay? Is it anything like chalk?
They range from $6.50, to $8.50, for 50 pieces. You can also customize your order. 6 bucks to ship.
I know

Clarksville, TN

#8635 Aug 31, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
On average how much do u pay? Is it anything like chalk?
Alot like chalk.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8636 Aug 31, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm close company with the people I came with even for bed which is when I'd do most of my consuming n I really want to avoid any suspicion plus when I eat chalk going to the wash room is very uncomfortable when going number two that would just call for more suspicion kind wish I had art least brought a little
Ok thanks, I understand.

Was at the grocery store and noticed peanuts in their shells! I have never craved peanut shells, but looking at them my mouth was watering because I had read that you eat them. I will wash them well and roast then MAYBE try a little shell...

Since: Aug 14

Munlochy, UK

#8637 Aug 31, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what UK Clay had said previously:
"If you look on the Facebook page edible clay there is a clay supplier called Rifat Kamran she supplies grey roasted pakistani clay".
There is an email address there to contact her - I have not contacted her myself so don't have any other information.
ah yes ive found it now, thank you for the info, ill be sure to order some, as I think mavus red soil cakes are getting too hard for my teeth. thanks

Since: Aug 14

Munlochy, UK

#8638 Aug 31, 2014
has anybody tried rifat kamrans grey roasted Pakistani clay? im looking for the earthiest muddiest tasting clay around. any help would be great. thanks
bady

Lochgoilhead, UK

#8639 Sep 1, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what UK Clay had said previously:
"If you look on the Facebook page edible clay there is a clay supplier called Rifat Kamran she supplies grey roasted pakistani clay".
There is an email address there to contact her - I have not contacted her myself so don't have any other information.
i am getting frustrated i have face booked rifat and no reply, have you got the email address? I'm desperate to find a uk seller
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8642 Sep 1, 2014
Recently my chalk has not been satisfying my cravings for something crunchy.
Even when I dry it for long periods of time, it still doesn't seem crunchy or dry or dusty enough.

Tomorrow will be very hot, and I hate walking in the heat, but I'm still gonna go to office depot and check out the sargent brand.
I'm hoping it will be perfect....very dry, crunchy, and crumbly but not hard on the teeth, and smooth and buttery, with a very light flavor.
Yum yum.
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8643 Sep 1, 2014
So one of my biggest reasons for not bringing chalk on my trip was to avoid bad bathroom problems (I usually have a hard time n back up my toilet at home) and just what I was trying to avoid happened here I feel so embarrassed, I was hopping that it wouldn't be so bad but it seems like now that I haven't had chalk my digestive tract is being relieved.sorry I'm sure this was tmi but needed to rant about it
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8645 Sep 1, 2014
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot like chalk.
Sounds like something I'd like to try n the price sounds good too
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8646 Sep 1, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks, I understand.
Was at the grocery store and noticed peanuts in their shells! I have never craved peanut shells, but looking at them my mouth was watering because I had read that you eat them. I will wash them well and roast then MAYBE try a little shell...
Hahaha did you try the peanut shells?
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8647 Sep 1, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Recently my chalk has not been satisfying my cravings for something crunchy.
Even when I dry it for long periods of time, it still doesn't seem crunchy or dry or dusty enough.
Tomorrow will be very hot, and I hate walking in the heat, but I'm still gonna go to office depot and check out the sargent brand.
I'm hoping it will be perfect....very dry, crunchy, and crumbly but not hard on the teeth, and smooth and buttery, with a very light flavor.
Yum yum.
I feel like that about chalk too sometimes.think maybe I should try clay but I wouldn't want to get home on something that's not for sure that's how I feel about ordering online I'm thinking maybe I should consider de
Curious

United States

#8648 Sep 1, 2014
I should be going to my parents house today and getting the rest of my things. My mom said she packed up the rest of my stuff but I'm hoping she didn't find my stash of clay. If she did I hope she didn't touch it or throw it away. I can't wait to get there and hopefully get a bite of my crunchy dirt.
Curious

United States

#8650 Sep 1, 2014
My dirt is so crunchy and earthy. I took a big bite and swallowed it so quick. Taking another bite right now. It taste so good. Haven't had any clay since July 27th. It's September 1st. My clay has been sitting there untouched for more than a month. Ahhh how good it taste. So creamy and earthy. Just the right crunch. I love it.
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8651 Sep 1, 2014
Curious wrote:
My dirt is so crunchy and earthy. I took a big bite and swallowed it so quick. Taking another bite right now. It taste so good. Haven't had any clay since July 27th. It's September 1st. My clay has been sitting there untouched for more than a month. Ahhh how good it taste. So creamy and earthy. Just the right crunch. I love it.
I'm glad you two are reunited hahahahahaha.

I just tried microwaving my chalk, and it came out soo crunchy, but still tastes perfect.
This is dangerous knowledge hahaha but I am loving this crunchy texture. Wonder how long I can microwave it for before it burns....I did one stick for 3 minutes so far, but I feel like it could still be a bittt crunchier.
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8652 Sep 1, 2014
Curious wrote:
So I'm guessing you r mom didn't find your stash? Do she know u eat clay?
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8653 Sep 1, 2014
Omg found a piece of chalk in my purse it tasted soooo good wow it was horribly delicious but just what I needed of course now I want more lol
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8654 Sep 1, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you two are reunited hahahahahaha.
I just tried microwaving my chalk, and it came out soo crunchy, but still tastes perfect.
This is dangerous knowledge hahaha but I am loving this crunchy texture. Wonder how long I can microwave it for before it burns....I did one stick for 3 minutes so far, but I feel like it could still be a bittt crunchier.
I've never thought of doing that will have to try what brand was it?
Curious

United States

#8655 Sep 2, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm guessing you r mom didn't find your stash? Do she know u eat clay?
I think she found it but didn't look in it or didn't question it if she saw what it was. If she saw what it was then she knows I eat it but she didn't say anything to me. As long as my secret is kept quiet then I'm fine. I have to admit, I ate 1 big chunk yesterday with no problem and I usually don't so that. I missed that clay so much. Gotta slow back down now before I run out and have to wait a few months to order again.
facefaceface

New York, NY

#8656 Sep 2, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
Omg found a piece of chalk in my purse it tasted soooo good wow it was horribly delicious but just what I needed of course now I want more lol
I'm so happy you were able to find a piece.
13 days with 0 chalk is too horrible to even think about.
I'm sure even a single piece helped out alot.

And I microwaved my beloved Prang lol.
I tried baking it once before and it came out disgusting, but it looks like the microwave is the way to go.
I usually use a heater or blowdryer to dry my chalk and it works okay, but nothing like with the microwave. That was the dryest and crunchiest I've ever seen it, and it was very crunchy all the way through. Normally when I dry chalk, it's crunchy on the outside, but the inside is softer.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it, but I can't microwave chalk at work lmao.
Curious

United States

#8657 Sep 2, 2014
I can't stop eating my clay!!! It taste soooo good. My boyfriend laughed when I took another spoon full of it. He tasted it, he said it's alright it's just too bitter for him. I'm glad he accepts that I eat it. He's the only person I told about it. I'm trying to eat it in moderation but it's just too good.

I thought about microwaving my dirt but if it gets any dryer I might just over indulge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben & Jerrya s Co-Founder Shares Bernie Sanders... (Oct '15) 13 hr Sanders Sucks 31
News Barbecue restaurant offers free ribs, drink, $2... 19 hr Tony Beets 2
News Weird 39 mins ago 6:33 a.m.Brazen cheese heists... 21 hr Parden Pard 8
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Sun More phartz 214
News Shots fired during fast-food restaurant robbery (Jan '11) Sat Martinez 17
News This is How San Antonio Celebrates Cinco de Mayo Sat mean 5
News Diet sodas may be tied to stroke, dementia risk... Apr 21 AmeriBev 1
More from around the web