Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9204 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Aug 14

Gurgaon, India

#8568 Aug 24, 2014
VANDANA wrote:
I M FROM INDIAN GUJARAT. I LOVE TO EAT BLACK ROASTED CLAY WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN BAZZAR. ITS TASTE AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I CANT EXPLAIN.
Hi, I m also from India. cn I purchase it online
Smith1

La Vergne, TN

#8569 Aug 24, 2014
Soilseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lovesclay. I use to buy the Terramin clay from Clay Remedies online. They use to sell it in chunk form which was very gritty and earthy ( yum!) now they only sell it in powder form. It is still gritty but a finer grit and not as earthy, but the lady that works there said to follow the instructions on their site to make the powder into chunks. You mix the powder with water into a paste and bake it.I haven't tried this yet but I am going to try it. I only have a few small chunks left and I really hope baking the powdered kind works.
Did mixing the powder into a paste and baking it work?
Curious

Norcross, GA

#8570 Aug 24, 2014
Kellzgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched some of her videos. I know in one she goes down by Stone Mountain somewhere but that may have been for red dirt. I thought Kenya sells dirt too. I know next time I go to see family in Alpharetta I am going to be keeping my eyes wide open for clay.=)
She was just taking people money than people would start to confront her that they never received their clay and she started blocking people and started to say she's been busy so she can't sell dirt anymore . I guess I'll stick to my white dirt .
georgie

Orlando, FL

#8571 Aug 24, 2014
ATTENTION TO WHITE DIRT EATERS AND CHALK LOVERS:

I just started a new FB page called "Addicted to Delicious White Dirt". Its made for everyone here to talk about and discuss all the different clays and chalks that we love to eat, plus, different ways to make the dirt drier, tastier, as well as different things to do to chalk to taste better, or anything you would like to to add. Also I am hoping for people to list every website they come acrossed to order white dirt, chalk, and whaterver else you want. Like my page people!!
crazy 4 stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#8572 Aug 24, 2014
georgie wrote:
ATTENTION TO WHITE DIRT EATERS AND CHALK LOVERS:
I just started a new FB page called "Addicted to Delicious White Dirt". Its made for everyone here to talk about and discuss all the different clays and chalks that we love to eat, plus, different ways to make the dirt drier, tastier, as well as different things to do to chalk to taste better, or anything you would like to to add. Also I am hoping for people to list every website they come acrossed to order white dirt, chalk, and whaterver else you want. Like my page people!!
The chalk on your new page looks so delicious! Wish I could bring myself to like the page but I'm scared of what anyone would say
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8573 Aug 25, 2014
quitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol,please don't like I said before,I quit eating clay due to health problems that it caused me,one piece is enough as I'd only chew nd spit it,infact I'd send u d white clay nd expect nothing in return,its mined from Middleburg nd Witbank,some take it from d mountains,I've actually passed a clay mountain one day nd it was literally white,you will enjoy d white clay I promise u,I'd love 2 go back to eating clay but I can't risk getting sick again
Aaaaaaw that's so kind of you. I'm really tempted and would love to try your white clay. However I would h8 to get you hooked again. Also it wouldn't feel right that you send me clay nd I don't repay you. Hws about you send me some and I reimburse you for buying, nd posting. That's if ofcoarse you're still up for it... No pressure
ann

Bronx, NY

#8574 Aug 25, 2014
Edible clay on FB wants us to share ideas as to what we would like to see on the site. I love to go there and look at the pictures and comment just like the forum. We comment without liking for fear someone might find out about our habit. After all we do enjoy visiting the page and looking at the beautiful picture of clay even those who have quit .
Facefaceface

New York, NY

#8575 Aug 25, 2014
Maybe I will use another account just to go on the clay and white dirt pages.
I want to like them and comment, but I know that my comments and likes can show up on other people's timelines. I can make them all private as I like and post things, but knowing me, I will forget one day and next thing I know, someone will text me asking why I posted about the crunchy, creamy, buttery, delicious taste of chalk and then I won't know what to tell them.(._.)

I can't wait for my next paycheck. I'm going to buy some mutt and jeff, I finally decided.
quitter

Europe

#8576 Aug 25, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaaaw that's so kind of you. I'm really tempted and would love to try your white clay. However I would h8 to get you hooked again. Also it wouldn't feel right that you send me clay nd I don't repay you. Hws about you send me some and I reimburse you for buying, nd posting. That's if ofcoarse you're still up for it... No pressure
let's sort out when nd how I should send d clay nd ul reimburse later wen uve reveived d clay
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8579 Aug 25, 2014
morales4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ATC, I saw that you mentioned a lady who sold you some gray roasted Indian Clay? Would you be able to ask her to sell me some as well? Or if she or you can direct me to the correct place to purchase this particular clay? please advise. Thanks! Smorales
Hi, sorry but the lady I mentioned wasn't a supplier but she was kind enough to respond to my plea here for UK suppliers that I could buy from during my visit there. I don't think it would be right therefore to pass on her
details - but maybe if she still comes on the forum she might see this. Did you want to put your email address on here just in case?

I have seen Indian roasted clay on the why we crave & love clay and edible clay facebook pages...I have seen email addresses too so suggest you have a look.

All the best.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8580 Aug 25, 2014
So...I am now able to use a US address to order clay and had been looking forward to ordering some of Leslie's red but it is sold out!

I don't understand it...why is something as abundant as clay (if you know where to find it) so difficult to keep in stock?

So disappointed...Leslie if you come on here it would be appreciated if you could let us know when you expect to have some more.
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8582 Aug 25, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Maybe I will use another account just to go on the clay and white dirt pages.
I want to like them and comment, but I know that my comments and likes can show up on other people's timelines. I can make them all private as I like and post things, but knowing me, I will forget one day and next thing I know, someone will text me asking why I posted about the crunchy, creamy, buttery, delicious taste of chalk and then I won't know what to tell them.(._.)
I can't wait for my next paycheck. I'm going to buy some mutt and jeff, I finally decided.
Lmao Face! Been thinkin the same thing. Never in a mil yrs did i think there are others going thru the exact same hang ups i've been dealing with for years becoz of eating clay, chalk and limestones. I want to like those pages badly but others will see and TALK lol.

@ Georgie - They really should do a study on how something in the clay calms us right down when we eat it. It could be just our minds but the earthy sensation we get does relaxes us completely. If it isn't earthy then its not effective - for me anyway. It's not just the crunchiness or creaminess coz we can get that from many other things and still not be satisfied. But there is something about that rainy earthy taste that makes everything right with the world dwl.

You guys have some funny at face value but serious experiences dealing with cravings and i identify with every one of them. I applaud all of you Ackee and others, with the extreme strength to stop or really control it because that's a very hard thing to do.
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#8583 Aug 25, 2014
Ccl I understand what you are saying because I used to sit down and eat one bag of clay straight without stopping. I would say I am only going to eat a small piece then it turn out to be the whole bag. It because it taste so darn good. You get ravenous with it. It is exactly what your taste buds is looking for. Oh that sweet , sweet clay. I had to get it under control. I did not have any issue with the clay. I just did not want it to be all I think about. Rushing home for that taste. I do however wish to try Ghana ayilo.
Curious

United States

#8584 Aug 25, 2014
All things clay wrote:
So...I am now able to use a US address to order clay and had been looking forward to ordering some of Leslie's red but it is sold out!
I don't understand it...why is something as abundant as clay (if you know where to find it) so difficult to keep in stock?
So disappointed...Leslie if you come on here it would be appreciated if you could let us know when you expect to have some more.
I feel like she had more of a limited supply . It sold out so fast felt like it only took a week to sell out . Plus we don't know when she'll get back in stock .
Facefaceface

New York, NY

#8585 Aug 26, 2014
I found an office depot close to my work!
I'll be too busy this week, but next week, I will go and try the sargent brand of chalk there.
I am so excited lol.
ann

Bronx, NY

#8586 Aug 26, 2014
I befriended someone on why we crave and love clay. Just signed in an their was two pictures of clay on my news feed. I was a bit shock to see that.She put it on her page and it came on my feed. I had to remove it. I hope no one saw it because I have some explaining to do. Sorry I had to do that but I am ready for that. The clay does look really good.
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8587 Aug 26, 2014
Ackee wrote:
Ccl I understand what you are saying because I used to sit down and eat one bag of clay straight without stopping. I would say I am only going to eat a small piece then it turn out to be the whole bag. It because it taste so darn good. You get ravenous with it. It is exactly what your taste buds is looking for. Oh that sweet , sweet clay. I had to get it under control. I did not have any issue with the clay. I just did not want it to be all I think about. Rushing home for that taste. I do however wish to try Ghana ayilo.
Ackee, how long did you eat a bag per day? Did you do it for a long while and which kind of clay? Did you have any side effects?
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#8588 Aug 26, 2014
@CCL I was eating about 3-4 1lb bag for the week. I would go to bed wake up and just have cravings. Just sit up in bed and eat sometimes until I was satisfied. I got from white dirt of Georgia it was expensive and did not taste to good.

So I started buying from mutt and Jeff. It did not taste good at first and someone on the forum told me to try it over a couple days and that was it. It was delicious. I ate it all ten pounds. I then said I was going too buy more but I kept holding out. Oh I wanted it real bad but kept delaying buying it.

So I guess that kind of slowed me down. My mother in law gave me some B12 drops that seems to help. I recently bought ten pounds and you can say that I still have ten pounds. It has been about four months now. Just little nibble here and their.

Hope to wean my self off completely. I did however go back home and want to check out a place I thought had clay. Not to eat it but I believe that maybe some are eating the clay secretly. It is seen in so many countries.
Curious

United States

#8589 Aug 26, 2014
Ackee wrote:
@CCL I was eating about 3-4 1lb bag for the week. I would go to bed wake up and just have cravings. Just sit up in bed and eat sometimes until I was satisfied. I got from white dirt of Georgia it was expensive and did not taste to good.
So I started buying from mutt and Jeff. It did not taste good at first and someone on the forum told me to try it over a couple days and that was it. It was delicious. I ate it all ten pounds. I then said I was going too buy more but I kept holding out. Oh I wanted it real bad but kept delaying buying it.
So I guess that kind of slowed me down. My mother in law gave me some B12 drops that seems to help. I recently bought ten pounds and you can say that I still have ten pounds. It has been about four months now. Just little nibble here and their.
Hope to wean my self off completely. I did however go back home and want to check out a place I thought had clay. Not to eat it but I believe that maybe some are eating the clay secretly. It is seen in so many countries.
I feel like I'm slowly getting off it. My addiction never been bad to the point I eat bags a day and several bags a week. I'm usually a bag within 2 weeks. After I'm done with the bag I usually wait MONTHS until I order another bag. I never ordered from mutt & Jeff even though I know it'll save me tons of money. I haven't had dirt in a month. I have cravings here and there but it goes away very quickly.
crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8590 Aug 26, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
I found an office depot close to my work!
I'll be too busy this week, but next week, I will go and try the sargent brand of chalk there.
I am so excited lol.
I'm excited for u to try it lol it's all I eat n love it let us know how it goes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Bill Could Make More Kids Obese - and No O... 7 hr Three Rounds 2
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... 7 hr Three Rounds 1
News 8,300 Miles Later, Obama Dines With Anthony Bou... 8 hr Three Rounds 12
News New Mexico Officials Accused Of Forging Applica... 8 hr Three Rounds 1
News New spots for wings, beef and pizza coming to town 11 hr fdh65h4hjhgkujhjk... 2
News Muslim Academic: Koran's Reward of 72 Virgins a... 14 hr Muslim answer 4
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) Wed thirsty 5
More from around the web