Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9243 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8481 Aug 11, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
I ate alot of chalk this weekend
Just couldn't get enough of that crunch and the creamy meltdown....hopefully, it's just a momentary spike.
I also can't wait for my next payday, so I can order some white dirt from mutt and jeff. It looks so yummy.
Must have been that super moon!I over indulged too! I was down to 1-2 boxes n this weekend I was up to 4-5
crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8482 Aug 11, 2014
I'm curious..does anyone have any other pica tendencies?I know I like to eat the shells of peanut n dried chilies when I'm real desperate baby powder
crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8483 Aug 11, 2014
CrunchyT wrote:
ordered some yellow clay from this site http://www.brambleberry.com/Yellow-Silt-Clay-...
It looks like it might have mild earthy taste, just what I am looking for.
That looks interesting have u had it before?
CrunchyT

Niagara Falls, NY

#8484 Aug 12, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
That looks interesting have u had it before?
I have tried this type of clay before and loved it. Never bought it from this site though. Hopefully, I do not get disappointed. It will be here on Thursday, I'll let you know if it is a good source.
Curious

Norcross, GA

#8485 Aug 12, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
I'm curious..does anyone have any other pica tendencies?I know I like to eat the shells of peanut n dried chilies when I'm real desperate baby powder
When I'm really really really desperate I eat baby powder , I like the dryness & the slight squeak but I HATE the taste .
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8486 Aug 12, 2014
I've tried talcum powder when I was really desperate. I hated it...way too soft and silky, and it had this...perfumed flavor that I couldn't stand even thought I got the unscented kind.

And of course, DE didn't work out as planned.

We'll see what happens with the white dirt.
Curious

Norcross, GA

#8487 Aug 13, 2014
I've been without my white dirt for going on 3 weeks now and today I'm going home to get my white dirt . I'm so excited I have cravings every now and then but it goes away quickly . Never thought about eating anything else I've just been patiently waiting to get my clay from home . I bet it's so earthy and sour . I bought clay from Wanda that's my favorite kind of white dirt.

Did you guys know Leslie had red dirt in stock? But it's sold out now . Her website confuses me . It says sold old for 1 bag but if you wanted 2 bags it's not sold out or if you want 1 bag of red dirt & 1 bag of white dirt it's not sold out . Just go to her website : georgiawhitedirt . Com
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8488 Aug 13, 2014
Curious wrote:
I've been without my white dirt for going on 3 weeks now and today I'm going home to get my white dirt . I'm so excited I have cravings every now and then but it goes away quickly . Never thought about eating anything else I've just been patiently waiting to get my clay from home . I bet it's so earthy and sour . I bought clay from Wanda that's my favorite kind of white dirt.
Did you guys know Leslie had red dirt in stock? But it's sold out now . Her website confuses me . It says sold old for 1 bag but if you wanted 2 bags it's not sold out or if you want 1 bag of red dirt & 1 bag of white dirt it's not sold out . Just go to her website : georgiawhitedirt . Com
Maybe she has them pre-bundled into sets.
So let's say she had 20 single bags, then 20 sets of 2, then 20 sets of one red and one white, etc., so you can't order a single bag of red dirt anymore because all of those are gone. But you can buy one of the sets containing red dirt because those have been set aside already.

That's the only way I can see it making any sense.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8489 Aug 13, 2014
I see that Leslie isn't offering international shipping anymore. I wonder why not? So disappointing because I would have ordered from her and had been waiting for the red clay.
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8490 Aug 13, 2014
All things clay wrote:
Thanks CCL.
It would be a dream come true to find that it is true that we have clay on this island, and if trucks left it on the roadside! I would hire them to drop it at my house lol and store it in my spare room.
'
Ikr. I've been thinking about doing that but it would attract a lot of attention and questions since there's nothing else being done with it. Gosh its really temptin tho. Lovely brownish orange color with creamy earthy taste.
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8491 Aug 13, 2014
On her facebook page, Leslie said she might start doing international shipping again at the end of August. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgiawhitedi...

So I would just keep an eye on the page and see what's she's gonna do with that.

It might also help to post and say that you want to make an order.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8492 Aug 13, 2014
Caribbean Clay Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Ikr. I've been thinking about doing that but it would attract a lot of attention and questions since there's nothing else being done with it. Gosh its really temptin tho. Lovely brownish orange color with creamy earthy taste.
That is just how I imagined our clay would be, if I ever found it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8493 Aug 13, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
On her facebook page, Leslie said she might start doing international shipping again at the end of August. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgiawhitedi...
So I would just keep an eye on the page and see what's she's gonna do with that.
It might also help to post and say that you want to make an order.
Thanks so much for the tip, I hadn't been on her facebook page recently.
claydelite

Baltimore, MD

#8494 Aug 13, 2014
ClayLove01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is very creamy like chocolate with teeny bits of sand. I like this much better than other vendors I have bought online and the price is great
Cool, thanks. I will give it a try. Do u bake it?
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8495 Aug 14, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have been that super moon!I over indulged too! I was down to 1-2 boxes n this weekend I was up to 4-5
The appearance of this forum is killing me every time I come on here it looks different
looking for clay

Southlake, TX

#8496 Aug 14, 2014
Could someone who ordered Leslie's red dirt please let me know what the taste and texture are like? I am curiouse as I have never had red dirt.
quitter

Europe

#8497 Aug 15, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey quitter! Where in SA are you from? Did you ever try the red clay from pta? I can tell you tried the yellow clay, didn't you ever feel embarassed when buying the clay from the vendors? Anyway... Clay causing bad breath??? First time I hear of it, are you sure it was the clay that caused the bad breath? Wasn't it something else? Did u ever try any other type of clay aside from the yellow ones?
When u say yellow ones,d u mean d molded chunks tsako MTN? Hell no..those ones r hard as rock,check dem out on why we crave and love clay..yes d clay caused my bad breath nd used to eat d brown clay from marabastad,heavenly hmmm,white clay,cream white from sunny sidend CBD..oh d red clay in my homw town of MP is used to smear boys nd girl hu went thru d ritual of becaming men nd women so I ate it twice nd was good.ko MP is mined or from d mountains nd its usually not far
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8498 Aug 15, 2014
Hi suri how's the mavu shipment going?
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8499 Aug 16, 2014
quitter wrote:
<quoted text>
When u say yellow ones,d u mean d molded chunks tsako MTN? Hell no..those ones r hard as rock,check dem out on why we crave and love clay..yes d clay caused my bad breath nd used to eat d brown clay from marabastad,heavenly hmmm,white clay,cream white from sunny sidend CBD..oh d red clay in my homw town of MP is used to smear boys nd girl hu went thru d ritual of becaming men nd women so I ate it twice nd was good.ko MP is mined or from d mountains nd its usually not far
When I say yellow, yes I mean the molded MTN ones and the unmolded from Pretoria, in marabastaad nd CBD which are also yellow and the Red from here as well. I havnt seen the brown or white clay around here. I eat white clay when I'm home in the F.S nd I eat the dark brown clay I eat when I'm in the West Rand visiting my aunt.
quitter

Europe

#8500 Aug 16, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say yellow, yes I mean the molded MTN ones and the unmolded from Pretoria, in marabastaad nd CBD which are also yellow and the Red from here as well. I havnt seen the brown or white clay around here. I eat white clay when I'm home in the F.S nd I eat the dark brown clay I eat when I'm in the West Rand visiting my aunt.
Can u send me d yellow unmoulded clay from PTA if you get ur hands on them,I wouldn't swallow them,just chew nd spit..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ontario Farmer 11 hr r Syrians at Meaford 1
santa monica malibu wine auction 19 hr Mona Day 1
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor 19 hr Sally Mander 10
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) 22 hr RTIC 2
News Ben & Jerrya s Co-Founder Shares Bernie Sanders... (Oct '15) Mon Sanders Sucks 31
News Barbecue restaurant offers free ribs, drink, $2... Mon Tony Beets 2
News Weird 39 mins ago 6:33 a.m.Brazen cheese heists... Mon Parden Pard 8
More from around the web