Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9263 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

georgie

Kissimmee, FL

#8367 Jul 29, 2014
Is there anyone in here that from actual Georgia who buys white dirt on the regular that can send me two bags of it? The net is ridiculous and I cannot afford to pay the billions of dollars they are asking in shipping and handling? Ill pay for everything, just someone please help me out?
Facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
lol we eat dirt and school supplies. We're all weird here.
I live with roommates, and they don't know I eat chalk. I always do it in my room or when there is no one to see.
I think my siblings know though. I told them once that I did a long time ago, and even though I try to do it discreetly, sometimes I think they see me putting the pieces in my mouth. And of course, they see the boxes in my purse and stuff. They think it's strange, but they just kind of laugh about it. It was so funny when they came to visit once and my mom was like....why do you have so many empty chalk boxes in your recycling bin? I made up some excuse about the chalk being from work and she dropped it, but my siblings were staring at me because there were so many boxes in there lmaooooo.
I'm still at .5 - 1 box a day thankfully.
I take iron, but it hasn't helped very much, so maybe I need to also take folate.
SAclaysoillover

Durban, South Africa

#8368 Jul 29, 2014
Wow,I can't believe there are so many people that also have this mad addiction. I've been eating soil/dirt for 4years now and I've always been worried about the side affects and fertility,but never really got an answer to how it affects it. I am from south Africa,and I haven't been able to find really good clay/soil/dirt. Can someone also let me know if they can ship me some. Oh clay/soil how good you taste,how good you smell, and not even chocolate can remove that craving. I sometimes try cover up the craving with soft building bricks and cement. I wonder how it will all come back to me someday
Kellzgirl

Aurora, IN

#8369 Jul 29, 2014
georgie wrote:
Is there anyone in here that from actual Georgia who buys white dirt on the regular that can send me two bags of it? The net is ridiculous and I cannot afford to pay the billions of dollars they are asking in shipping and handling? Ill pay for everything, just someone please help me out?
<quoted text>
Mutt and Jeff 10 lbs for $10. Plus $10 shipping. I agree I cannot afford to pay $8 or more for a pound.

Since: Jun 13

Ahmedabad, India

#8370 Jul 29, 2014
Thats deficiency of calcium which makes an urge to eat clay.... start on supplements of calcium and better start eating spinach
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#8371 Jul 29, 2014
SAclaysoillover wrote:
Wow,I can't believe there are so many people that also have this mad addiction. I've been eating soil/dirt for 4years now and I've always been worried about the side affects and fertility,but never really got an answer to how it affects it. I am from south Africa,and I haven't been able to find really good clay/soil/dirt. Can someone also let me know if they can ship me some. Oh clay/soil how good you taste,how good you smell, and not even chocolate can remove that craving. I sometimes try cover up the craving with soft building bricks and cement. I wonder how it will all come back to me someday
i don think clay eating affects fertility coz girl i had been eating clay for about 7 years now and i used to eat a lot of eat per day..i would eat about a kg a day coz clay is so cheap and easily available where i stay but since i started having pregnancy symptoms one and a half months ago my cravings stopped completely
georgie

Kissimmee, FL

#8372 Jul 30, 2014
ANYONE LIVE IN GEORGIA HERE? I am DYING for white dirt, please see my above post...can you buy me a few bags, and ship them to me? I will pay for it, Id rather go through a real person than the websites that rip you off.
lee

Brooklyn, NY

#8373 Jul 30, 2014
georgie wrote:
ANYONE LIVE IN GEORGIA HERE? I am DYING for white dirt, please see my above post...can you buy me a few bags, and ship them to me? I will pay for it, Id rather go through a real person than the websites that rip you off.
Where do you live?
georgie

Kissimmee, FL

#8374 Jul 30, 2014
In Kissimmee, Fl. Although thinking of moving to Georgia, LOL. Do you live near the blessed white yumminess?
lee

New York, NY

#8375 Jul 30, 2014
georgie wrote:
In Kissimmee, Fl. Although thinking of moving to Georgia, LOL. Do you live near the blessed white yumminess?
No can you give me your email I see what I can do. You can buy 10lbs for 20$ from mutt and jeff.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8377 Jul 30, 2014
Looking at pictures of clay and kaolin mines all day long..Just wishing I wasn't sick again so I could just get out of the house to buy some clay...:-(
Clayaholic

Birmingham, UK

#8378 Jul 30, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
Looking at pictures of clay and kaolin mines all day long..Just wishing I wasn't sick again so I could just get out of the house to buy some clay...:-(
Hi Suri, does Mavu know about the situation with the clay? Have you informed her? Also, how much are you sending her this time?
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8379 Jul 30, 2014
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Suri, does Mavu know about the situation with the clay? Have you informed her? Also, how much are you sending her this time?
One thing is for sure....It will be less then what I send over last time....But hopefully just enough for her to do some tasting....I have to get to the market friday for her little chunks....Hope I will be okay by then........
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8380 Jul 30, 2014
Holy crap,what just happened to Topix?????It looks totally different........
Curious

Norcross, GA

#8381 Jul 30, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Holy crap,what just happened to Topix?????It looks totally different........
Ikr . I got on earlier today & it looked like how it used to . Now it looks very weird & different .
crazy 4 stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#8382 Jul 30, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ikr . I got on earlier today & it looked like how it used to . Now it looks very weird & different .
Yep I don't like it at all
ann

New York, NY

#8383 Jul 31, 2014
Maybe forum getting too Big. They got upgrade.
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8384 Jul 31, 2014
Hey Clay Fam!
My cravings are going through the roof! I never have time to go buy some clay from the market, there's a lady that sells it not far from where I stay but people look @ me funny when I try and buy it, and then I get ashamed. Also a coupla weeks back my boyfriend made a funny comment about my clay eating habbit, I know he was playing but it made me think that maybe he is embarrassed by it and he is just not telling me because he is scared he might hurt my feelings.
Just wish I had a clay eating friend who stayed nearby, that way it wouldn't be so embarrassing coz wed go together all the time.
Wouldn't it be nice if clay was sold @ our local grocery stores? With all the different types sourced from different countries and neatly and discretly packaged. And we could buy it like we buy a packet of chips?... Sigh.
ann

New York, NY

#8385 Jul 31, 2014
Moby maybe you should eat your clay privately. I do that so no one will have anything to say. Also maybe the lady can put your clay in a paper bag and you pick it up.
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8386 Jul 31, 2014
ann wrote:
Moby maybe you should eat your clay privately. I do that so no one will have anything to say. Also maybe the lady can put your clay in a paper bag and you pick it up.
@Ann, I do eat my clay in private, its just that he knows I eat it. I told him coz I was tired of always being afraid that when he is around he might open somewhere, where I happen to have hid it and then I would have had to explain akwardly. Even when he is around I put my clay away out of sight.
The lady won't understand why she has to put it in a paper bag, because clay is sold openly in S.A. Also she wouldn't care for the extra paper bag cost. However I will ask her. Infact I wanna ask her where she gets her supply from, maybe I could buy one of those big sacks of clay... That way it would be both discreet and I wouldn't have to go to the market or the lady everytime I have cravings.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8387 Jul 31, 2014
@mobu I understand. She might not want to share that bcz she will lose you as a customer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goat milk? Family spends days tending to furry ... 6 hr notfromhere 1
News Fred & Bettie Lee Gaskins named 2010 Oyster Fes... (Oct '10) Mon exposed 2
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) Mon Letmeknow69 22
News Rhod Gilbert reveals weird potato tattoo during... Sun Mitt s Airtight D... 2
News A trip to Flavortown: Inside Guy Fieri's Americ... Oct 15 sammy 2
News Lakeland Seeking Ways To Handle Homelessness (Jul '10) Oct 15 Ha Ha unemployable 17
News Cafe Rio Mexican Grill cuts giant burrito as pa... Oct 15 Judy Busch 1
More from around the web