Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,770
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
StoneCrusher

Drancy, France

#8206 Jul 3, 2014
friend wrote:
the only way for people to start making videos on the YouTube is if one brave person starts to make countless videos about chalk or clay. they don't have to show their face...they could just be showing the clay/chalk or talking about it, chewing a few pieces so people can hear the crunch. when that bold person starts to make videos back to back then others too will make videos... cornstarch all started out w/ that Kenya lady..now there's a lot of videos about cornstarch. it just takes 1 bold person. Farewell
http://fr.tinypic.com/player.php...

Feel free to upload it on youtube if it can help...
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#8207 Jul 3, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
<quoted text>
http://fr.tinypic.com/player.php...
Feel free to upload it on youtube if it can help...
Can't view it :-\
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#8208 Jul 4, 2014
I've been over indulging. ..again. but this time i think it's really bad haven't been able to use the restroom in Almost A WEEK. Sooo uncomfortable yet I'm still eating chalk.ugh
looking for clay

Plano, TX

#8209 Jul 4, 2014
crazy 4stuff w wrote:
I've been over indulging...again. but this time i think it's really bad haven't been able to use the restroom in Almost A WEEK. Sooo uncomfortable yet I'm still eating chalk.ugh
Is there any way you could chew up your chalk and then spit it out? That's what I do. That way I can enjoy a big chunk of white dirt every day (about the size of a small apple) and still be regular. I chew it up till all the crunch is gone and spit it into a paper towel. Getting that backed up has got to be dangerous. Please take care of yourself.
dirtnclay

Northwich, UK

#8210 Jul 4, 2014
crazy 4stuff w wrote:
I've been over indulging...again. but this time i think it's really bad haven't been able to use the restroom in Almost A WEEK. Sooo uncomfortable yet I'm still eating chalk.ugh
Oh no. Try 500ml warm water with the juice of half a lemon. Easy and natural way to get things moving!
Ray

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#8211 Jul 4, 2014
Try twinning's ginger n lemon tea(hot)..
crazy 4stuff w

Whittier, CA

#8212 Jul 5, 2014
looking for clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any way you could chew up your chalk and then spit it out? That's what I do. That way I can enjoy a big chunk of white dirt every day (about the size of a small apple) and still be regular. I chew it up till all the crunch is gone and spit it into a paper towel. Getting that backed up has got to be dangerous. Please take care of yourself.
I've started to get a bit of relief slowly but surely ive tried to spit back out but it never works for me as i usually chew until the crunchy ness n smoothness is gone by then I've swallowed. However i started drinking hot water with lemon n it seems to be working hope it works faster though
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8215 Jul 5, 2014
Hey everybody,finally back to my own self.Got the chunks for MAVU,on their way as we speak.Will post pictures later on on FB edible clay......Ann,how are you?Did not forget.....See those two smaller pieces????
Facefaceface

Washington, DC

#8216 Jul 5, 2014
I never understood how people can chew and then spit lol. I feel like I don't get the full taste without swallowing.

But if you haven't tried it, prune juice is powerful but gentle way to uncork yourself.
Have a big cup of prune juice and then another cup of warm water with lemon juice on an empty stomach.

If that doesn't work, take a shot of olive or coconut oil.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8217 Jul 6, 2014
Placing the pictures on FB edible clay now.
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#8218 Jul 6, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I saw the chunks on FB . They are so huge . Especially the 1kg . You're so lucky to have access to that . How long will it take you to eat all that ?
ann

Bronx, NY

#8219 Jul 6, 2014
yes those are some big chunks. I think that is the biggest piece I have ever seen anyone have access to. I like that it has a little pink in it. Maybe that is a little red coming through as pink clay. Makes my mouth waters.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8220 Jul 6, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Those chunks look so good...I feel weak looking at them, just wish I could have them!

Sorry to sound envious, but you are so lucky.

It is funny what you said about your son calling clay your drugs...mine do the same.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8221 Jul 7, 2014
Thank you all.....My son is nuts..I would not know how long it would take met to eat that..But I am guessing maybe a week or two...The big chunks are on their way to MAVU fot tasting..I had a small piece of the reddish looking one and it had a little grit in it..With a hint of earthiness..Those chunks came straight out of the claypit..And they were much bigger,but broke of into pieces...I don't think the red is going to turn into pink,though Ann..The red is the gritty stuff inside the chunk..
Golden clay

Europe

#8222 Jul 7, 2014
Hi suri I'd also like to see the pictures of the clay on FB. Can you post the link here?
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8223 Jul 7, 2014
I was in such a rush this morning, I forgot my chalk at home.
And the boxes that I keep here for just such an occasion are all finished.

I'm already feeling irritated from my cravings, so I feel like today is gonna be rough lol.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8224 Jul 7, 2014
Golden clay wrote:
Hi suri I'd also like to see the pictures of the clay on FB. Can you post the link here?
Just hit FB edible clay...Should do it
StoneCrusher

Romania

#8225 Jul 7, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I WANT THOSE HUGE CHUNKS !!! Looks so crunchy and creamy... damn...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8226 Jul 7, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT THOSE HUGE CHUNKS !!! Looks so crunchy and creamy... damn...
I want them too! Those have got to be some of the best looking kaolin chunks I have seen.

You are really teasing us Suri, lol. Are you able to share with us what the postage cost is like to send to Mavu?
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#8227 Jul 7, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I want them too! Those have got to be some of the best looking kaolin chunks I have seen.
You are really teasing us Suri, lol. Are you able to share with us what the postage cost is like to send to Mavu?
If Mavu sells the clay as big as those are , w/ a good price . I definitely but from her . Even though my fav person is Wanda but Wanda doesn't sell chunks as big as those .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Hortons Shareholders Approve Sale of Compan... 14 hr Tim 1
Oakville high school's breakfast club is for al... Sun Ted 1
Dietrich's: potato pancakes, bacon-wrapped brat... Sun martheu 1
Mountain Lion Spotted in Backyard Sat Sarah 11
Christmastime a big time for El Paso tamale makers Sat huey goins 1
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... Sat Will Dockery 1
Solid Rock Church hosts concert for Grammy nomi... Sat Will Dockery 1
More from around the web