Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9213 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8303 Jul 20, 2014
Ackee wrote:
CCL I have a picture but I am not sure how to post it on this page. I remember seeing it when we were driving from MObay To St. Ann and I looked an thought that looks like clay. It looks exactly like the picture on eat white dirt FB page. When I return I plan to stop and collect some. Which part of JA are you from?
Ackee, if you find any clay here in JA like what I saw on the eat white dirt FB page please find my address! But I don't think its the same thing I am using tho. Mine is slightly orange (brown when its washed and dried) with alot of white marl in it. Will show you in a few days. Try creating a flickr account and post your pics from there.
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#8304 Jul 20, 2014
Caribbean Clay Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Ackee, if you find any clay here in JA like what I saw on the eat white dirt FB page please find my address! But I don't think its the same thing I am using tho. Mine is slightly orange (brown when its washed and dried) with alot of white marl in it. Will show you in a few days. Try creating a flickr account and post your pics from there.
Will do.
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#8306 Jul 20, 2014
CCl, I kow that certain parts of JA have red soil. Also I do not live in JA I am originally from there but I do visit once a year. I never thought about the clay until I saw the walls of white rocks as I was driving. I am going to have to use an excuse to pull over and get some next time I visit.
Curious

United States

#8307 Jul 20, 2014
I'm expecting some clay from a friend . I can't wait until it comes . Super excited
Clayaholic

London, UK

#8308 Jul 20, 2014
Hi ladies. I'm giving up clay for the next 21 days. Going cold turkey but practising clean eating. Anyone want to join me? I start tomorrow!
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8309 Jul 20, 2014
Ackee wrote:
CCl, I kow that certain parts of JA have red soil. Also I do not live in JA I am originally from there but I do visit once a year. I never thought about the clay until I saw the walls of white rocks as I was driving. I am going to have to use an excuse to pull over and get some next time I visit.
Yea, it could be the best clay you ever tasted. With the really red clays in St. Eliz. its very earthy but may be full of alu and other heavy metals. That's the danger, coz they mine that type of clay for bauxite. I prefer the light brown or light orange type. Only way to know tho is to test the soil for this.
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8310 Jul 20, 2014
Clayaholic wrote:
Hi ladies. I'm giving up clay for the next 21 days. Going cold turkey but practising clean eating. Anyone want to join me? I start tomorrow!
All the best with this Clayaholic. Would try with you but cant deal with the withdrawal symptoms right now.
Caribbean Clay Lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#8311 Jul 20, 2014
This Is P A R A D I S E!!

http://youtu.be/MfQmAKAxELg

See 8:00 to the end
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#8312 Jul 20, 2014
Caribbean Clay Lover wrote:
This Is P A R A D I S E!!
http://youtu.be/MfQmAKAxELg
See 8:00 to the end
looks like so many different layers of clay. what he dug out can a big bag a collect some. nice video. I do not eat clay as much as before but i Find it fascinating to see and look at it.
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8313 Jul 22, 2014
Just ordered a new batch of chalk.
I can't wait for it to get here....I procrastinated on the order and am all out.

I could go to staples and get a few boxes to tide me over, but I don't really feel like taking the trip.:(
crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8314 Jul 22, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Just ordered a new batch of chalk.
I can't wait for it to get here....I procrastinated on the order and am all out.
I could go to staples and get a few boxes to tide me over, but I don't really feel like taking the trip.:(
Which brand did u order? Ugh I know the feeling off being out I had a box with crumbs left in it n it spilled everywhere so there I was scrambling to pick anything up surprisingly crumbs r my favorite I was so mad at myself will have to place an emergency order
crazy 4 stuff

United States

#8315 Jul 23, 2014
So I'm not even a clay consumer(only chalk) but I do look at the sites that sell clay n their posts on fb n it almost looks like the site Ghana clay advertises n has the same appearance as mavu, just an observation lol
Smore

Lancaster, PA

#8316 Jul 23, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is someone on fb I think their page is clay lovers maybe that's what you're looking for
Yes thank you crazy 4 stuff, I did find him. He is out of India and can get me the clay I want! Thanks again!
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8317 Jul 23, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brand did u order? Ugh I know the feeling off being out I had a box with crumbs left in it n it spilled everywhere so there I was scrambling to pick anything up surprisingly crumbs r my favorite I was so mad at myself will have to place an emergency order
Prang of course lol.
Nobody delivers Sargeant for some strange reason and Crayola is too hard and isn't creamy enough.

Crumbs are my favorite too!!
I usually tape the bottom of the box, to make sure that they don't fall out until I'm ready to eat them lol.
Have you ever crushed up your chalk and eaten it in powder form?
Sometimes, I think about doing that, but I'm too lazy and worry about the mess.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8318 Jul 23, 2014
I am very upset.I send a package for Mavu with the big chunks of clay to a friend of mine who lives in Holland and they would post it from there,as shippingcosts here are quite expensive to send out a sample.So I called my friend today,to ask how MAVU's package was doing..So turns out that she and her sisters just ate it all..........They could not resist all of that clay.They were planning in just taking a small piece,but ended up eating the whole thing :-(.........
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#8319 Jul 23, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I am very upset.I send a package for Mavu with the big chunks of clay to a friend of mine who lives in Holland and they would post it from there,as shippingcosts here are quite expensive to send out a sample.So I called my friend today,to ask how MAVU's package was doing..So turns out that she and her sisters just ate it all..........They could not resist all of that clay.They were planning in just taking a small piece,but ended up eating the whole thing :-(.......
So your friend and her sister ate all the clay and none of it got to mavu?
UK CLAY

Folkestone, UK

#8320 Jul 23, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I am very upset.I send a package for Mavu with the big chunks of clay to a friend of mine who lives in Holland and they would post it from there,as shippingcosts here are quite expensive to send out a sample.So I called my friend today,to ask how MAVU's package was doing..So turns out that she and her sisters just ate it all..........They could not resist all of that clay.They were planning in just taking a small piece,but ended up eating the whole thing :-(.......
Wow that is completely and utterly unprofessional of Mavu, did she not even respond to your further emails or enquiries?
UK CLAY

Folkestone, UK

#8321 Jul 23, 2014
My bad just re read the post and realised mavu didn't even receive the clay

My apologies :$
ann

New York, NY

#8322 Jul 23, 2014
Suri that was a lot of clay. They probably took too long to mail it out. So what are they going to do about it. Do they have clay in Holland?Did you know they love clay?Maybe next time send some for them and then Mavu as well. I guess the clay is very good that they could not resist. Wow!!!
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8323 Jul 23, 2014
I don't know if they have clay in Holland,but since there are a lot of surinamese people living there that do eat it too,I suppose they should carry it.No,I'm not sending there anymore.They promised to pay me for the clay and with that money I will sent clay samples to MAVU personally. I know it was a lot of clay.....So I am surprised they did not even send out a little of it to MAVU........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 2 hr Human 965
News Best places for breakfast in Buffalo: 5 WNY pla... (Dec '15) 7 hr Kilhoffer Street ... 4
News Top Three Restaurants in Florissant, Missouri (Apr '10) Sun Just precious 62
News Bruester's Ice Cream looking to open in next ye... Sep 24 Melted 3
THAI FLAVORS: Chang Sensory Trails Sep 23 Mona Day 1
News Mediterranean Diet Can Lower Risk for Alzheimer... Sep 23 Stephany McDowell 1
News Karen Alexios has worked at Gold's Deli for ove... Sep 23 Samuels Furnace Man 9
More from around the web