Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9259 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8216 Jul 5, 2014
I never understood how people can chew and then spit lol. I feel like I don't get the full taste without swallowing.

But if you haven't tried it, prune juice is powerful but gentle way to uncork yourself.
Have a big cup of prune juice and then another cup of warm water with lemon juice on an empty stomach.

If that doesn't work, take a shot of olive or coconut oil.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8217 Jul 6, 2014
Placing the pictures on FB edible clay now.
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#8218 Jul 6, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I saw the chunks on FB . They are so huge . Especially the 1kg . You're so lucky to have access to that . How long will it take you to eat all that ?
ann

Bronx, NY

#8219 Jul 6, 2014
yes those are some big chunks. I think that is the biggest piece I have ever seen anyone have access to. I like that it has a little pink in it. Maybe that is a little red coming through as pink clay. Makes my mouth waters.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8220 Jul 6, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Those chunks look so good...I feel weak looking at them, just wish I could have them!

Sorry to sound envious, but you are so lucky.

It is funny what you said about your son calling clay your drugs...mine do the same.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8221 Jul 7, 2014
Thank you all.....My son is nuts..I would not know how long it would take met to eat that..But I am guessing maybe a week or two...The big chunks are on their way to MAVU fot tasting..I had a small piece of the reddish looking one and it had a little grit in it..With a hint of earthiness..Those chunks came straight out of the claypit..And they were much bigger,but broke of into pieces...I don't think the red is going to turn into pink,though Ann..The red is the gritty stuff inside the chunk..
Golden clay

Europe

#8222 Jul 7, 2014
Hi suri I'd also like to see the pictures of the clay on FB. Can you post the link here?
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8223 Jul 7, 2014
I was in such a rush this morning, I forgot my chalk at home.
And the boxes that I keep here for just such an occasion are all finished.

I'm already feeling irritated from my cravings, so I feel like today is gonna be rough lol.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8224 Jul 7, 2014
Golden clay wrote:
Hi suri I'd also like to see the pictures of the clay on FB. Can you post the link here?
Just hit FB edible clay...Should do it
StoneCrusher

Ploiesti, Romania

#8225 Jul 7, 2014
suri clay wrote:
I WANT THOSE HUGE CHUNKS !!! Looks so crunchy and creamy... damn...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8226 Jul 7, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT THOSE HUGE CHUNKS !!! Looks so crunchy and creamy... damn...
I want them too! Those have got to be some of the best looking kaolin chunks I have seen.

You are really teasing us Suri, lol. Are you able to share with us what the postage cost is like to send to Mavu?
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#8227 Jul 7, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I want them too! Those have got to be some of the best looking kaolin chunks I have seen.
You are really teasing us Suri, lol. Are you able to share with us what the postage cost is like to send to Mavu?
If Mavu sells the clay as big as those are , w/ a good price . I definitely but from her . Even though my fav person is Wanda but Wanda doesn't sell chunks as big as those .
dirtnclay

Swansea, UK

#8228 Jul 8, 2014
Mavu u better say yes!! Lol I want some soooo bad Suri! Hope you give Mavu a good price so we can get a good price!
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8229 Jul 8, 2014
I really want to try those chunks too.
I love biting off a big piece and crunching it between my teeth.
With chalk, the pieces can't realistically be that big because chalk is small, but those big chunks...yum yum.
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#8230 Jul 8, 2014
I meant to get some chalk yesterday while I was at the store . But I was doing so much running around I forgot about getting them . I wanted to try & put them in some dirt to see will they catch that earthy flavor .
Golden Clay

UK

#8231 Jul 8, 2014
What lovely chunks you have there suri. Tempting me
crazy 4 stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#8232 Jul 9, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
I was in such a rush this morning, I forgot my chalk at home.
And the boxes that I keep here for just such an occasion are all finished.
I'm already feeling irritated from my cravings, so I feel like today is gonna be rough lol.
I know the feeling all too well it sucks
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8233 Jul 9, 2014
Has anyone here tried kalaba chalk?

I want to try some, because the one on the Edible Clay page looks really delicious. But I've read that it can have high levels of lead and arsenic, so I'm not sure about trying it.

But it looks so good.:(
crazy 4 stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#8234 Jul 9, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Has anyone here tried kalaba chalk?
I want to try some, because the one on the Edible Clay page looks really delicious. But I've read that it can have high levels of lead and arsenic, so I'm not sure about trying it.
But it looks so good.:(
It does look wonderful I'd like to try some too but am too scared lol
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8235 Jul 10, 2014
I really appreciate this forum when I posted that I was backed up n everyone gave their suggestions on what to do it was awesome n will keep thesE tips handy for future usE.thanks everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 3 hr Retribution 94
News What's Happening Mon guest 1
News Over 2,000 pounds of crawfish being delivered t... Aug 19 Victor Hugo 169
News Children who skip breakfast 'may be doing thems... Aug 19 Gov Corbutt of th... 5
News Tense days for business owners without legal st... Aug 19 Retribution 19
News That chicken from Whole Foods isn't so special ... Aug 19 hier is a liar 1
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... Aug 18 Mary-Frances 2
More from around the web