Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,346
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8119 Jun 18, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I need to enjoy this clay because the red soil cakes I thought I could make last a month only lasted 10 days.
I don't remember eating one of the bags of red, but don't see it so I guess I just lost count. Would be nice if it is around somewhere though!
I found the bag of red soil! Was happy to see it, but the problem is that it seems extra extra gritty now compared to the delicious and smooth white dirt that I finished yesterday.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8120 Jun 18, 2014
MAVU reacted and wants a sample of our clay..If it's found sell worthy she might start selling it..:-)
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#8121 Jun 18, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can imagine e delivery guy coming 2 ur houz with a box and everyone getting all excited & wantin 2 find out watz inside only 2 discover itz clay..im sure they will b left puzzled and wth lotz & lotz of qstns.
That's my same thought process . They're sooo nosy , they'll definitely ask a lot of questions .
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#8122 Jun 18, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can get it send to a friends house or you can say it is clay for a facial. You can use some for a facial and enjoy the rest. let them know it cheaper in bulk. you want start making your own make up.
I recently got a box from mutt and jeff. The clay is super earthy , crunchy and some of the bags has a slight grit to it which is okay because it still taste nice. I have had it about a week and have not even eaten a whole bag yet.
OMG that sounds like it taste soo good .

But as far as for the explanation , I don't wear make up but facials do seem kind of a good idea . But my parents are VERY VERY nosy . So that couldn't slide even if I wanted it to .
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#8123 Jun 18, 2014
I gotta admit that i an constantly checking this forum and fb pages why we love n crave clay and also edible clay n clay lovers for any new posts or pictures when i fibs something new it always makes me smile
Icy chalk

Staten Island, NY

#8124 Jun 18, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can get it send to a friends house or you can say it is clay for a facial. You can use some for a facial and enjoy the rest. let them know it cheaper in bulk. you want start making your own make up.
I recently got a box from mutt and jeff. The clay is super earthy , crunchy and some of the bags has a slight grit to it which is okay because it still taste nice. I have had it about a week and have not even eaten a whole bag yet.
Does the mutt n Jeff clay stick to your teeth and gums?
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#8125 Jun 18, 2014
crazy 4stuff w wrote:
I gotta admit that i an constantly checking this forum and fb pages why we love n crave clay and also edible clay n clay lovers for any new posts or pictures when i fibs something new it always makes me smile
u not e only one hey,i also do a lot of checking and when i find a new pic on fb i imediately save it to ma fone so now ive got over fifty pics of clay hidden in my vault ..itz like im obsessed
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#8126 Jun 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
If there was a way to make chalk taste earthy I think I'll switch to chalk . Dirt/clay is so expensive to buy online . If I order 2 bags that'll be $20 & I should just order a case from mutt & Jeff but I can't have a box coming to my house w/o my parents asking questions . Grrrr ! Cravings are sky high right now & I can't deal .
Do you ladies have any suggestions for me ?
I've never had clay but I'm heavy on chalk n i love the earthy smell/taste so i let my chalk sit in soil so that it can absorb the earthy taste it works for me
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#8127 Jun 19, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
u not e only one hey,i also do a lot of checking and when i find a new pic on fb i imediately save it to ma fone so now ive got over fifty pics of clay hidden in my vault ..itz like im obsessed
I know the feeling!sometimes i wish there were more posts n pics lol
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8128 Jun 19, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the mutt n Jeff clay stick to your teeth and gums?
The pieces that are dried out nicely do not. It is hard and crunchy and crumbly. I take small bites so it melts in the mouth.
Icy chalk

Staten Island, NY

#8129 Jun 19, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
The pieces that are dried out nicely do not. It is hard and crunchy and crumbly. I take small bites so it melts in the mouth.
Hmmm... Maybe I'll try it. I bought Leslie's white dirt and it wasn't for me. It was very thick and stuck to my teeth and gums a lot. No matter how much I baked it.
Icy chalk

Staten Island, NY

#8130 Jun 19, 2014
@ann, how big is the box that Mutt and Jeff send? And how long did shipping take?
monika

Germany

#8131 Jun 19, 2014
Hi clayluvers..i experienced sumthing new..dat iz i jst crush 2 boxes of indian slate pencils..nd also 2 baked chunks of multani mitti nd crush it into powder also..nd also along wid it 1 chunk of red clay from india( gairoo) nd mix deze 3 ....yummy wat a yummy flavour,earthy flavour..nd smell offcourse on rain in summer after a hot day..nd wen dat smell cums..dat smell make u jst to eat nd eat more diz clay...luv it...i luv to experience wid more nd more different variety of clays..last tym i eat square shaped chalks from germany..luv it..
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8132 Jun 19, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
@ann, how big is the box that Mutt and Jeff send? And how long did shipping take?
It is not that big about the size of a shoe box. Not a big shoe box. I ordered on wed and I got it Monday. It usually comes on Tuesday but came early. They ship only on Thursday's. Where do you live.
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#8133 Jun 19, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not that big about the size of a shoe box. Not a big shoe box. I ordered on wed and I got it Monday. It usually comes on Tuesday but came early. They ship only on Thursday's. Where do you live.
Can you post a pic of what the box looks like ? Like post it on "Why we crave & love clay" or "Edible Clay" . If the box not that big maybe I'll reconsider & order it . White dirt is my favorite clay . Perfect clay ; smooth , earthy , creamy . I love it .
Curious

Lawrenceville, GA

#8134 Jun 19, 2014
crazy 4stuff w wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had clay but I'm heavy on chalk n i love the earthy smell/taste so i let my chalk sit in soil so that it can absorb the earthy taste it works for me
Do you mean just digging a small hole in the ground & putting the chalk in there to let it get that earthy flavor ?
Clayaholic

Widnes, UK

#8135 Jun 19, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
MAVU reacted and wants a sample of our clay..If it's found sell worthy she might start selling it..:-)
Sorry if im prying but I don't understand. How come you can't sell it yourself? Also how is the flavour because Leslies white clay might as well be flour. can't taste anything.
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#8136 Jun 19, 2014
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if im prying but I don't understand. How come you can't sell it yourself? Also how is the flavour because Leslies white clay might as well be flour. can't taste anything.
Having a business is a big responsibility and not everyone wants that.

I also think suri clay said that she isn't interested in making money off the clay, she just wants to make it available to all of us, especially since it's so abundant and cheap in suriname.

I think it's nice of her, because if it all works out and Mavu starts carrying it, she will have done a big favor to all of us.:D
Icy chalk

Staten Island, NY

#8137 Jun 19, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in NY. I just made an order for Mutt and Jeff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a good batch and that I like it. Thanks
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8138 Jun 19, 2014
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clayaholic,it's like facefaceface said I don't want to go into business for myself..Just trying to do my part in a different way.I have to be honest that some chunks taste like flour and that others,with traces of red or yellow in them taste very earthy.So I just have to be careful of which I buy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) 6 hr ur an ass 108
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 7 hr NOM s Waffle House 3
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 11 hr Here Is One 302
Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish 12 hr Kid_Tomorrow 2
Who thinks KFC sucks (Aug '07) 18 hr Mark 9
Peter Lyons: Election is over, fire up the barbie Tue kiwis are pond scum 1
Paula Deen serves up another racism-scandal apo... Mon Harrisson 57

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE