Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8041 Jun 4, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm eating my last piece now, and it has gotten even better!
I don't think I have tried shaping DE by itself, but don't see why it wouldn't as long as you don't use too much water. Let me know if you get the bentonite and try it!
She's back in stock on the red clay ?
All things clay

Moscow, Russia

#8042 Jun 4, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
She's back in stock on the red clay ?
Sorry, I don't know - I was talking about my homemade chunks. I hope Leslie gets her red clay in soon, if she hasn't already, I think they smell and taste so good.
anonymous

Zimbabwe

#8043 Jun 5, 2014
clay, so delicious yet so dangerous
All things clay

Moscow, Russia

#8044 Jun 5, 2014
anonymous wrote:
clay, so delicious yet so dangerous
Hello, why do you think dangerous?
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8045 Jun 5, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm eating my last piece now, and it has gotten even better!
I don't think I have tried shaping DE by itself, but don't see why it wouldn't as long as you don't use too much water. Let me know if you get the bentonite and try it!
I will. I think I'll order from amazon. Also, I checked Leslie's website. No red dirt yet.:(
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8046 Jun 6, 2014
@all things clay, have u ever used the bentonite as a face mask? People say a lot of good things about it and I'd love to reduce the look of pores on my nose.
crazy 4stuff

San Diego, CA

#8047 Jun 6, 2014
Just a movie my chalk n me yummm popcorn is overrated lol
All things clay

Moscow, Russia

#8048 Jun 7, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
@all things clay, have u ever used the bentonite as a face mask? People say a lot of good things about it and I'd love to reduce the look of pores on my nose.
Yes, I regularly use clay as a face mask...and as a hair cleaner/conditioner (works great, and has really helped to define my natural hair - it has never looked so good since I have been using clay and since I have been eating DE), to clean my teeth, and as a mask on my hands and other parts of my body to keep them soft and smooth.

I have also used clay for horrible toothache (it worked like nothing else!) I think people ought to start calling me the Clay Lady!

If you want to reduce the size of pores I would strongly recommend you try the clay. I mostly use Aztec Secret brand clay, which has directions on it (it says you can add apple cider vinegar; I sometimes do, sometimes leave it out and just add water).

I have always had good skin, but since using clay for the past several years it is noticeably better and one of the best things it does in my opinion is reduce the appearance of pores. I also use baking soda to clean my skin, which is a great exfoliant (as I have said on here in the past I also have a love of baking soda - I never swallow it but love to chew it; I restrict it though due to the high sodium content).

I get compliments on my skin and hair all the time and I think it is due to the reasons above.
All things clay

Moscow, Russia

#8049 Jun 7, 2014
Guess what I'm munching on? Red soil cakes from Mavu that I had a relative who lives in the UK order for me some time ago...first time I have had it in months.

I love the smell, colour, taste and crunch of the cakes, and don't even mind that it is broken up into pieces because it makes it easier for me to control how much I eat.

I only wish it wasn't so gritty and messy (you can't eat it and then smile at anyone lol). Some pieces are ok, but some have so many hard bits I have to spit them out and that spoils the enjoyment.
crazy 4stuff

San Diego, CA

#8050 Jun 7, 2014
As expected I've almost finished my latest stash of sargent chalk usually I'd be freaking out thinking about getting more but I'm going to try something different this time n try to stay off it for a while wish Me luck I'm going to need it
All things clay

Moscow, Russia

#8051 Jun 8, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
As expected I've almost finished my latest stash of sargent chalk usually I'd be freaking out thinking about getting more but I'm going to try something different this time n try to stay off it for a while wish Me luck I'm going to need it
Wow, that is a lot you have gotten through!

What are you thinking of trying instead?
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8052 Jun 8, 2014
I want more white dirt , but I don't want to pay $14 for Wanda clay . My last batch seems smaller than what I'm used to . But all the supplier for white dirt are expensive . :/
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8053 Jun 8, 2014
Curious wrote:
I want more white dirt , but I don't want to pay $14 for Wanda clay . My last batch seems smaller than what I'm used to . But all the supplier for white dirt are expensive .:/
What about Mutt and Jeff?

What about Mutt &Jeff? Have you tried them.
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8054 Jun 8, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Mutt and Jeff?
What about Mutt &Jeff? Have you tried them.
I'm 17 , currently still living w/ my parents until next month after I turn 18 . My parents doesn't know about my cravings . Nobody does except my bf who lives 45 mins from me . I'm already paranoid about just getting a pound of clay in the mail in a small box . So I'll be really paranoid about getting a bigger box coming to my house . I HAVE consider it , but I don't want to risk the asking of questions from my parents .:/ I just wish clay was cheaper . Like actually a dollar a bag plus shipping so really at least $5 for my order & that's shipping included .
Facefaceface

United States

#8055 Jun 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 17 , currently still living w/ my parents until next month after I turn 18 . My parents doesn't know about my cravings . Nobody does except my bf who lives 45 mins from me . I'm already paranoid about just getting a pound of clay in the mail in a small box . So I'll be really paranoid about getting a bigger box coming to my house . I HAVE consider it , but I don't want to risk the asking of questions from my parents .:/ I just wish clay was cheaper . Like actually a dollar a bag plus shipping so really at least $5 for my order & that's shipping included .

Clay is easy to explain away though. You can say it is for skin or hair treatments, or if you want to get a bit closer to the truth, you can use that you're using the clay for an internal cleanse and detox.

Chalk is harder because there's really no reason to have boxes and boxes of chalk sitting around if you aren't a teacher, but clay has a lot of pretty normal uses.

I agree the pricing is horrible though. Thats the number one reason I haven't tried clay. It's just so expensive if you can't get it locally.
Secretclaymunche r

United States

#8056 Jun 9, 2014
What taste better...mutt and jeff or clay from white dirt of ga?
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8057 Jun 9, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I regularly use clay as a face mask...and as a hair cleaner/conditioner (works great, and has really helped to define my natural hair - it has never looked so good since I have been using clay and since I have been eating DE), to clean my teeth, and as a mask on my hands and other parts of my body to keep them soft and smooth.
I have also used clay for horrible toothache (it worked like nothing else!) I think people ought to start calling me the Clay Lady!
If you want to reduce the size of pores I would strongly recommend you try the clay. I mostly use Aztec Secret brand clay, which has directions on it (it says you can add apple cider vinegar; I sometimes do, sometimes leave it out and just add water).
I have always had good skin, but since using clay for the past several years it is noticeably better and one of the best things it does in my opinion is reduce the appearance of pores. I also use baking soda to clean my skin, which is a great exfoliant (as I have said on here in the past I also have a love of baking soda - I never swallow it but love to chew it; I restrict it though due to the high sodium content).
I get compliments on my skin and hair all the time and I think it is due to the reasons above.
That's great! Thanks for all the info. I think I'll get the bigger container and hope that I get the same success as u do.
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8058 Jun 9, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
I usually get a little panicky when my supplies run low but I wonder what it would be like if I had none in the house. I was thinking of not replenishing and taking some time off chalk too. I'm taking extra iron and wondering if that will make a difference. I don't go thru it that fast and I have plenty for now. We'll see what happens when I run low. &#128513;
crazy 4stuff

San Diego, CA

#8059 Jun 9, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually get a little panicky when my supplies run low but I wonder what it would be like if I had none in the house. I was thinking of not replenishing and taking some time off chalk too. I'm taking extra iron and wondering if that will make a difference. I don't go thru it that fast and I have plenty for now. We'll see what happens when I run low. &#128513;
I finished my last box last night n have been feeling panicky since. It sucks!but I'm going to see how long i can actually go without it plus i think my bowels will thank me lol
I just can't stop thinking of it the crunch the yummy powdery taste geeze don't think I'll last very long
crazy 4stuff

San Diego, CA

#8060 Jun 9, 2014
While I'm trying to stay off chalk reading the comments on this site n looking at pics on fb is going to have to do, maybe I'll try to look for some de I'm scared to order any white dirt because I've never had it so don't know if I'll like it, or that if i like it n at some point it won't be available I'd rather stick to chalk which is consistently supplied

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jacobs & Brichford Introduces Two New Cheeses a... 43 min Chu Chu Rubusco 5
News Tyler police investigating aggravated robbery e... 2 hr Elise Gingerich 1
News Recipe: Pumpkin soup with coconut, lemongrass a... 3 hr Elise Gingerich 1
News Lack of capital tough on young farmers 7 hr FarmerTed 2
News Can you legitimately be addicted to a certain f... 12 hr hello 1
News Blue Jacket cheese wins at 2016 Ohio State Fair Fri unkle felix 1
News Pontotoc County cook stresses importance of fam... Fri Bad health habits 1
More from around the web