Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8000 May 29, 2014
MzLibra wrote:
Its been a long time since Ive been on the forum. I was addicted for years to cornstarch and white dirt. Ive eaten 10 different brands of cornstarch. Ive ordered white dirt from Sam and Leslie. Ive eaten Crayola chalk and baby powder. My pica has been over a 10 year period. I suffered with anemia and fibroids. I just had a partial hysterectomy and I feel like a new woman. I tried to eat my cornstarch again but its not the same. I no longer have anemia. Take care everyone.
It's great that you are feeling good and no longer a slave to your cravings. Someone told me how she constantly chewed ice which is how I started out, but then she got a hysterectomy and never thought about ice again.
Robert

Lethbridge, Canada

#8001 May 30, 2014
Dude, you have serious problems if you like eating clay. DONT EAT IT!!!
crazy 4stuff

United States

#8002 May 30, 2014
Robert wrote:
Dude, you have serious problems if you like eating clay. DONT EAT IT!!!
DUDE you must have some kind of experience with this considering this forum isn't just stumbled upon.
You can't say someone has problems just cuz u don't understand it
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8003 May 30, 2014
Well you know they all way make comments before they ask why we do it or research it.
Overcome

Elkhart, IN

#8004 May 31, 2014
Guys. I was pregnant and craving clay, chalk, baby powder, sand - you name it. I spent a lot of my pregnancy sleepless nights watching clay videos and reading about clay and thinking I can't wait to be unpregnant so that I can indulge. Until the day I asked new page to post a video of her eating clay. That day I had a regular drs appointment, except it became the most expensive and life changing drs appointment when he told me -'I'm sorry, your baby has no heart beat'. In the span of four days, I've gone from being pregnant, to my baby dieing, to pushing out the dead baby, to burying him. I feel like my life is over. But it is not because as long as God lives, there is hope.
I just want you all here to know that any craving or desire or 'uncontrollable' urge to eat all these things do not compare with your power to overcome them. You need to look at it from the right perspective - life is more precious. Perhaps if i had paid more attention to the life growing within me than to clay cravings, perhaps my son would still be alive.
God bless.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8005 May 31, 2014
Overcome did you eat clay during your pregnancy?
facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8006 May 31, 2014
Overcome wrote:
Guys. I was pregnant and craving clay, chalk, baby powder, sand - you name it. I spent a lot of my pregnancy sleepless nights watching clay videos and reading about clay and thinking I can't wait to be unpregnant so that I can indulge. Until the day I asked new page to post a video of her eating clay. That day I had a regular drs appointment, except it became the most expensive and life changing drs appointment when he told me -'I'm sorry, your baby has no heart beat'. In the span of four days, I've gone from being pregnant, to my baby dieing, to pushing out the dead baby, to burying him. I feel like my life is over. But it is not because as long as God lives, there is hope.
I just want you all here to know that any craving or desire or 'uncontrollable' urge to eat all these things do not compare with your power to overcome them. You need to look at it from the right perspective - life is more precious. Perhaps if i had paid more attention to the life growing within me than to clay cravings, perhaps my son would still be alive.
God bless.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Please don't blame yourself or your cravings for the loss of your little one though. I know it's painful and you feel guilty, but it's not your fault. God has a plan for everyone's life, and just know that in the end, it all works together for good, as long as you don't despair or lose faith.

I will be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts! Take care.
Overcome

Elkhart, IN

#8007 May 31, 2014
ann wrote:
Overcome did you eat clay during your pregnancy?
I did not.
Overcome

Elkhart, IN

#8008 May 31, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss.
Please don't blame yourself or your cravings for the loss of your little one though. I know it's painful and you feel guilty, but it's not your fault. God has a plan for everyone's life, and just know that in the end, it all works together for good, as long as you don't despair or lose faith.
I will be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts! Take care.

Thank you for your prayers. I am not blaming myself as I have put all my trust in Jesus. I just want everyone to know that there is so much more to life than cravings, don't let it overtake you. Let's resist the cravings and enjoy the actual meaningfulness that is around us. Please.
ann

New York, NY

#8009 May 31, 2014
My prayers and love go out to you and your family. My the God of comfort bring you peace and love during this time. God Bless you!
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#8010 May 31, 2014
Overcome wrote:
God bless.
over come, my heart goes out to you and I will remember yu in my prayers, may The Lord heal your heart and take the pain of this loss.... Amen
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8011 Jun 1, 2014
Overcome wrote:
God bless.
My heart breaks for you. The same thing happened to a friend of mine and it was the darkest most difficult time of her life. She went on to eventually have 3 healthy children. It may be hard to believe right now but you will heal and you must surround yourself with loved ones and let others help u thru this time. When these things happen, it puts things in perspective as to what's important and what isn't. Don't blame yourself and don't feel guilty for thoughts you may have had. Your only fault is that u r human like the rest of us. I pray that your pain lessens and that your future brings you the happiness you deserve.
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8012 Jun 1, 2014
At the bottom of the bag now . No more big chunks . I have small chunks & powder that I need to use a spoon to get it with . I believe the bottom of the bag is the best part . It's more drier & earthy .
Overcome

Elkhart, IN

#8013 Jun 1, 2014
Thank you all so much for your kind words and good wishes. Stay blessed.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8014 Jun 1, 2014
Curious wrote:
At the bottom of the bag now . No more big chunks . I have small chunks & powder that I need to use a spoon to get it with . I believe the bottom of the bag is the best part . It's more drier & earthy .
That is because you are almost out of clay. The last of it always taste better than the first.
name

Tacoma, WA

#8015 Jun 1, 2014
Scott wrote:
What the deal with eating clay. I eat a ton of it and I am 40 and have never had any health problems. Kaolite tastes like rain with a hint of peanuts and it melts in your mouth like chocolate. It gets rid of heavy metals like murcury, so it doesn't give you murcury. It binds at the molecular level to get rid of toxins and heavy metals. My brain has not suffered like most in our population due to vaccinations and being injected with these metals.
Human beings have been eating dirt and clay since we left the cave. It is just that society shuns what it doesn't understand. You can get help for it if you want, but it is perfectly natural. I would never recommend just eating dirt of the ground, bateria and parasites - but clay from Georgia mines or Red Teramin clay is fine.
You may have pica,or difficulty absorbing nutrients on your own. Sometimes pica indicates the possibility of a parasitic infection.
new page for clay lovers

Willenhall, UK

#8016 Jun 1, 2014
Overcome wrote:
God bless.
Just want to send you my deepest condolences, your message has by far broke my heart and i can not imagine what you and your family may be going through. Keep strong and keep your chin up! There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and there is always a gain within every loss.. You are in my prayers as is your family. Take care of yourself and i may speak for everyone on this forum when i say we are here for you
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8017 Jun 1, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey MzLibra, so nice to hear from you!
I hope you are fully recovered now from your partial hysterectomy. I have the same problems as you had, severe anaemia as a result of fibroids - and wish actually that I had been brave enough years ago to go ahead with surgery.
There is no doubt that my cravings are due to anaemia. I am trying to improve this by diet and for past 10 days or so have also been taking Redmond Clay which is extremely high in iron. Cravings haven't decreased yet though.
My main thing right now is DE - I eat a lot. I also have a little chalk and rare spoons of cornstarch. I would love to get to the point of getting rid of the cravings and just having as an occasional treat or to the point of not wanting it at all. At this point hard to imagine that though!
All the best!
How is the Redmond clay? What does it taste like? And how do you usually take it?
Overcome

Elkhart, IN

#8018 Jun 1, 2014
new page for clay lovers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just want to send you my deepest condolences, your message has by far broke my heart and i can not imagine what you and your family may be going through. Keep strong and keep your chin up! There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and there is always a gain within every loss.. You are in my prayers as is your family. Take care of yourself and i may speak for everyone on this forum when i say we are here for you
Thank you so much.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8019 Jun 1, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the Redmond clay? What does it taste like? And how do you usually take it?
It has colour and texture like DE - basically a fine powder. It tastes similar to other bentonites, but I find it a little salty. I take it by itself or mixed with DE (less sticky). It tastes ok, and even though it's a bit sticky when taken by itself it turns nice and creamy.

The directions say to take 1 to 2 teaspoons per day mixed with water but I probably have about twice that dry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dickey's Barbecue Pit Announces Expansion in El... 31 min huey goins 3
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... 4 hr stacy 2
News Best Burger: FOX6 rates the best burger in Milw... (May '10) Wed RIce 40
News Akron man robs, threatens to shoot Little Caesa... Wed Pie zanno 3
News Lakeland Seeking Ways To Handle Homelessness (Jul '10) Wed Davestheman 14
News Comfort-food restaurant Eagle Food & Beer Hall ... Tue rowdy01 6
News If Utica Were an Ice Cream Flavor, What Flavor ... Tue Ooga Booga 1
More from around the web